Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Who cares if she has? Let her be a pundit on the women's champions league games then, leave Souness and Carragher who have won the mens champions league to talk about it.

I care, in comparison Jermaine Jenas has won the football league cup, a football league championship playoff and PFA young player of the year...Souness is especially out dated, tired and boring to listen to he never won the champions league. The European Cup yes but that was a very different competition and easier to win. He is the grandfather of needing a "plan B" even Liverpool fans cant stand him from the manager/punditry era of his. As for Carragher you are welcome to his biased rhetoric he won a CL same as her but she won the league many times...he didnt not even once.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Souness for me ,he looks like he wants to kick the sh*te out of anyone who disagrees with him .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, if I ever watch women's football I wouldn't be too fussed if there wasn't any male commentators on view.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Has to be Garth Crooks for me.

He seems to talk down to anyone that doesn't see it his way, in a really boorish fashion.

Actually, I think he's a tosser, complete knob face. He really annoys me.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I care, in comparison Jermaine Jenas has won the football league cup, a football league championship playoff and PFA young player of the year...Souness is especially out dated, tired and boring to listen to he never won the champions league. The European Cup yes but that was a very different competition and easier to win. He is the grandfather of needing a "plan B" even Liverpool fans cant stand him from the manager/punditry era of his. As for Carragher you are welcome to his biased rhetoric he won a CL same as her but she won the league many times...he didnt not even once.

'Same as her' ?? ha ha so winning the women's champ league is like winning the men's?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Smith ..that geezer who used to play for Arsenal
..followed by and not necessarily in that order...
Wright
Merson
Keown
....hmm that lot have something in common as well as bring crap pundits..and one things for sure most pundits know a lot less than they think they do.

I will raise you Glenn Hoddle, Jermaine Jenas, Garth Crooks, Gary Linekar and David Pleat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Souness for me ,he looks like he wants to kick the sh*te out of anyone who disagrees with him .

And for that reason he's so watchable, a man on the edge who looks like he could work himself up from relaxed to heart attack in less than 60 seconds. Steve McMahon is cut from the same cloth too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

European cup easier to win? Blimey.

She won leagues of shit standard. The women's game is really poor. The average women player gets picked these days, given far better chances than most guys could ever dream of and their standard is still poor. I watched a bit of USA v England the other night, dreadful.

It is like putting a village cricketer in the booth to talk through a test match.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
European cup easier to win? Blimey.

She won leagues of shit standard. The women's game is really poor. The average women player gets picked these days, given far better chances than most guys could ever dream of and their standard is still poor. I watched a bit of USA v England the other night, dreadful.

It is like putting a village cricketer in the booth to talk through a test match.

Yes it was a knockout competition and you could have Nottingham Forest drawing Arsenal in the first round and Malmo reaching the final. The UEFA cup was arguably harder at the time since it had more of the top leagues teams in it rather than just the one from each top league plus the previous years winner.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has to be Garth Crooks for me.

He seems to talk down to anyone that doesn't see it his way, in a really boorish fashion.

Actually, I think he's a tosser, complete knob face. He really annoys me.

Love the soft start to your post and the obvious pent up feeling boiling over at the end, love it Pickles. HaHa

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes it was a knockout competition and you could have Nottingham Forest drawing Arsenal in the first round and Malmo reaching the final.

And now you can lose games yet go through. Plus a lot poorer teams make up the numbers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You wont ever see the likes of Malmo in a final though will you
Or Celtic, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Leeds PSV

Times change

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Sutton, Lawrenson and Souness. All as dull and negative as it's possible to be. Why pay them money for bringing you down? Unbelievable, Jeff.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Merson. Quite a likeable guy by most accounts but an absolutely appalling pundit.

Honourable mentions for McManaman, Owen and Shearer though.

Sutton is an interesting one. I actually quite like him, he is far more intelligent than most British pundits, but he has now created a bit of a monster of his perceived character and no doubt sometimes goes completely over the top.

In the summer though at the world cup when he wasn’t trying to be overy controversial, he and Alistair Bruce-Ball were excellent together on 5 Live, some quality radio.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here