Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you be happy for the Albion to lose the match if it stopped Palace winning a trophy?

Who would you want to win?

• Albion win

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Albion lose

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • Draw/Don't care etc.

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I work in Merseyside and have many colleagues who are ST for the two clubs in the city. All those who are Everton STH are happy to lose tonight to Manchester City as the prospect of Liverpool winning the title is too unbearable.

If there was a similar situation with Palace going for a title and the Albion playing their main rivals (and the match was relatively meaningless to us) what result would you want?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A Brighton win. Always.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I work in Merseyside and have many colleagues who are ST for the two clubs in the city. All those who are Everton STH are happy to lose tonight to Manchester City as the prospect of Liverpool winning the title is too unbearable.

If there was a similar situation with
Palace going for a title and the Albion playing their main rivals (and the match was relatively meaningless to us) what result would you want?

:lolol:

SAC

May 21, 2014

Everton fans would say that as they aren't in great form and likely to lose anyway.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Brighton win. Every time.

Couldn’t care less about them lot up the road to be honest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The day I want Albion to lose is the day I probably give up following them.

I did check before I posted and it’s not April the first, ban for the OP? :wink:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Definitely an Albion defeat.

How Palace get on is almost equal in its effect on my mood compared to the Albion result. Given equivalent fixture difficulty then most of the time I would rather we drew and they lost than both teams won.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A more likely scenario then:

If it was the final day of the season, and we were already safe, and our last game of the season was vs Cardiff, and Palace needed us to beat them to have a chance of staying up....

...I'd laugh my tits off if we lost and sent them down. Sorry. I just would.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it was the final day of the season, and we were already safe, and our last game of the season was vs Cardiff, and Palace needed us to beat them to have a chance of staying up....

Very different scenario, I’d have to rethink my comments posted above in these circumstances.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As long as it didn't affect us, then I wouldn't mind.

During the game I'd want us to win, but at the final whistle, if our friends in Croydon had missed out on something as a result, I'd be tickled pink.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Given their run in, Everton are not totally safe yet. I would want another 5 or 6 points if I were them before considering losing tonight as desireable.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I dont understand the continued Palace hate , they are just A.N.Other team we have to beat to stay in the prem . Its fine to make fun of how their club is run , banter between fans is fine and its great to not like them but to hate another team so much you want your own team to lose its just sad.

Lets win our own games and not worry ourselves or work ourselves into unnecessary lather about other teams.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I dont understand the continued Palace hate , they are just A.N.Other team we have to beat to stay in the prem . Its fine to make fun of how their club is run , banter between fans is fine and its great to not like them but to hate another team so much you want your own team to lose its just sad.
In your opinion.

For other football fans, intense feelings of hate for a rival club (mirroring love for their own club) are all part of their experience and add value.

I think its a bit sad that you don't get maximum pleasure every time Palace lose.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
In your opinion.

For other football fans, intense feelings of hate for a rival club (mirroring love for their own club) are all part of their experience and add value.

I think its a bit sad that you don't get maximum pleasure every time Palace lose.

Yes of course its my opinion and others will vary drastically , I just dont get over excited by Palace losing , now if your talking Wilf having a mare then I will laugh and enjoy it :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A more likely scenario then:

Funnily enough ,Cardiff is our last away game, wouldn’t it be ironic if ..........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here