Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tinpot sack their manager

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Was it Howard Wilkinson who said there were only two types of manager - those who have been sacked and those who are going to be sacked? There are certainly very few who have never been sacked. So should we recognise that Clement has been sort of a 40 percent success (keeping Swansea and Reading up) and a 60 percent failure (not taking Derby up, putting Swansea and Reading back in relegation danger the following season)?

Mind you, it's clear that the powers that be at Reading regard the Premier League as their rightful place, which sets the managerial bar pretty high at the MadStad. Jaap Spam was within a penalty shootout of taking the Biscuitmen up there, albeit with some of the dullest football ever witnessed in this country and even he got sacked the next season. So I assume they'll now go for someone who can deliver without the nonsense of the playoffs. Guardiola, Wenger, Conte, Deschamps. Anyone without a Premier League title or World Cup win need not apply. Or they could bring back Brian McDermott, of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people we all know what this thread is missing, sort it out someone.

Oh and as is customary, I was very much TeamClement.
That might not have been my best idea.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remember being very jealous of Reading...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Is this what you had in mind?:lol:

In 100 years time, they will still feel the deep shame of that song. It's a knockout blow which any fan of another club can use in an argument with a Reading equivalent: sort of like an all-in-one roundhouse kick and double throat punch.
The antithesis of foreign owners taking over and spectacularly not getting what it means to be a follower of an English club, it's truly horrific viewing and listening.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't we just drop the adjective entirely and simply refer to it as "a pleasure"?
That would be weird. You say 'it's my pleasure after someone thanks you for holding the door open for them (unaware that you only did it so you could perv on their arse as they walk through - I jest). I'm not actually sure what secret pleasure means, but it sounds dodgy.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nigel Howe was reappointed as Chief Executive yesterday. Paul Clement was sacked today. No coincidence.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
A thread about Reading on NSC?

Multiple users calling us tinpot - check.
Links to pitch invasion videos - check.
Links to the song - check.

You guys never let me down :D

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A thread about Reading on NSC?

Multiple users calling us tinpot - check.
Links to pitch invasion videos - check.
Links to the song - check.

You guys never let me down :D

:laugh:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-06-18 at 05.14 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 12-06-18 at 05.14 PM.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 201

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In 100 years time, they will still feel the deep shame of that song. It's a knockout blow which any fan of another club can use in an argument with a Reading equivalent: sort of like an all-in-one roundhouse kick and double throat punch.
The antithesis of foreign owners taking over and spectacularly not getting what it means to be a follower of an English club, it's truly horrific viewing and listening.

Well, let's not forget "We are Southampton," that unintentionally hilarious dirge to the tune of "My Way" that they used to play before kick-off at St Mary's. That would force a draw at least.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here