Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Team Sport Salary survey. Albion average pay is....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to the report the Albion come in at an average weekly wage this season of £32,597, just behind Fulham and ahead of Villareal.

Barcelona top the table with £201,000 a week, Manchester United highest English club with £125,666, Palace are £53,000 a week, and plucky little Leicester, who denied us victory on Saturday £52,000.

Only four clubs (Newcastle, Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield) pay less per week than the Albion.

http://globalsportssalaries.com/

According to the report the Albion come in at an average weekly wage this season of £32,597, just behind Fulham and ahead of Villareal. By

Barcelona top the table with £201,000 a week, Manchester United highest English club with £125,666, Palace are £53,000 a week, and plucky little Leicester, who denied us victory on Saturday £52,000.

Only four clubs (Newcastle, Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield) pay less per week than the Albion.

http://globalsportssalaries.com/

Where's mile oak on the list?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We get so used to these ridiculous figures nowadays that £32k a week barely registers but just stop and think about that - £32k a WEEK for playing football. Extraordinary really that these figures are at the low end of anything.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
We get so used to these ridiculous figures nowadays that £32k a week barely registers but just stop and think about that - £32k a WEEK for playing football. Extraordinary really that these figures are at the low end of anything.

I am reasonably well off, with a good job and a mortgage etc etc. However my car is poorly and I really need a new one, I am trying to work out the best loan on a 6 year old car and if I can realistically pay it back etc. when one of these footballs can buy me one by Tuesday 3pm - god I wish I had just a little bit of talent......

Actually I don't begrudge them as look forward to watching them work and I don't think they will say the same about me.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They aren't earning that money based on recent performances. They get paid incredible sums of money in return for showing up for the 38 games a season the club plays. Only 18 can be in the squad at any time, so we have some players who are just leaches. At the moment, at the choice of the management, Suttner and Schelotto are wasting their careers and we're wasting our money paying them when they're fairly clearly nowhere near the squad. In Suttner's case, it's through no fault of his own on the pitch. He must have really done something wrong behind the scenes to be so out of the picture.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They aren't earning that money based on recent performances. They get paid incredible sums of money in return for showing up for the 38 games a season the club plays. Only 18 can be in the squad at any time, so we have some players who are just leaches. At the moment, at the choice of the management, Suttner and Schelotto are wasting their careers and we're wasting our money paying them when they're fairly clearly nowhere near the squad. In Suttner's case, it's through no fault of his own on the pitch. He must have really done something wrong behind the scenes to be so out of the picture.

Whilst I get the point you are trying to make, your choice of the description 'LEACHES' seems incredibly harsh. I very much doubt there is a single player at the club who wouldn't dearly love to be starting every game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Interesting that if fans alone had to cover the cost of the players salaries in the EPL, then each ticket would cost £111.

With my season ticket I'm paying £32 per game, minus a fiver for travel so £27. Bargain.

Diablo

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What is it that has made footballers so ridiculously overpaid?
Our average first team player therefore gets more than £1.5 million a year £4500 a day. A decent salary is £50k a year it takes our average first teamer 12 days to earn £50k..
A footballer as others have said plays 38 League Games and perhaps ten others. Less than a match a week!
It would be interesting to see a wage increase chart for most professions as compared with one for footballers over the last 50 years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is it that has made footballers so ridiculously overpaid?
Our average first team player therefore gets more than £1.5 million a year £4500 a day. A decent salary is £50k a year it takes our average first teamer 12 days to earn £50k..
A footballer as others have said plays 38 League Games and perhaps ten others. Less than a match a week!
It would be interesting to see a wage increase chart for most professions as compared with one for footballers over the last 50 years.

Broadcasters, advertisers and sponsors are pouring BILLIONS into the game nowadays, so why should the players not hoover up a large chunk of that money ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here