Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Ibe

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed, we were well on our way to executing a game plan until his substitution - we simply didn't know how to deal with him.

We were on our way until Rosenoir gave the ball away for the first goal. Terrible pass.

That gave them the lift they needed.

Ibe did look class though and gave us more trouble than ?Fraser did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I know his fine ladies dad. Says he is an absolute waster. Has no interest in football. Spunks his 60k a week and hates playing for England.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were undone by some tricky (possibly even lucky for the first) play and great finishing and I just cannot see how Suttner is getting any blame at all..

If I had to blame anyone for the defeat it would CH for treating Bournemouth like a top six side. We were as boring as boring gets first half with absolutely no ambition at all.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We'd have won 0-1 if he'd been kept on the bench. Good player although the commentators seemed to have suggested he's not done much a Bmuff before tonight. Unlucky for us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just accept that we were undone by 2 superb moments iof individual skill for which nobody could legislate and both put the scorers in a position to have a simple pop at the goal from close quarters.

Perhaps we could have done more to stop the build up without individual mistakes, which again happens and at this level gets punished.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Jordon.

with an O.

as he pointed out having his first name on the back of his shirt.

who the **** puts their first name on the back of their shirt, he's not Brazilian :shrug:

Anyway although undoubtedly the game changed after he came on, I wouldn't overplay his performance. The backheel for the first could have gone anywhere, Surman's composure was very good and well-taken goal.The second we didn't bother to tackle him and it was Defoe suddenly peeling off his marker (Duffy?) that made that goal.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Jordon.

with an O.

as he pointed out having his first name on the back of his shirt.

who the **** puts their first name on the back of their shirt, he's not Brazilian :shrug:

Anyway although undoubtedly the game changed after he came on, I wouldn't overplay his performance. The backheel for the first could have gone anywhere, Surman's composure was very good and well-taken goal.The second we didn't bother to tackle him and it was Defoe suddenly peeling off his marker (Duffy?) that made that goal.

Thanks for pointing out the spelling, you must be like the fourth person to point that one out but its appreciated none the less. I apologise to his mother and father plus any other relatives who are upset by this oversight :thumbsup:

At no stage have I suggested Suttner was at fault for the goals conceded last night; merely stated I felt Ibe had a telling influence on the game and Suttner was done for pace when it came for tracking 'Jordon' Ibe's brilliant runs. Again that's merely my own perspective whilst being sat very close to the pitch yesterday. NSC use to be a place of sharing thought and opinion opposed to being hounded for a perceived lack of insight. Perhaps that's changed in the promotion to the Premier League?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Thanks for pointing out the spelling, you must be like the fourth person to point that one out but its appreciated none the less. I apologise to his mother and father plus any other relatives who are upset by this oversight :thumbsup:

At no stage have I suggested Suttner was at fault for the goals conceded last night; merely stated I felt Ibe had a telling influence on the game and Suttner was done for pace when it came for tracking 'Jordon' Ibe's brilliant runs. Again that's merely my own perspective whilst being sat very close to the pitch yesterday. NSC use to be a place of sharing thought and opinion opposed to being hounded for a perceived lack of insight. Perhaps that's changed in the promotion to the Premier League?

:lolol: I'm actually having a go at Ibe for having his first name on the back of his shirt, not at you for the completely understandable mis-spelling. And I was saying that whilst Ibe certainly changed the game, I wouldn't suddenly consider him a world beater, it may not be because of his good play but something we did in response. Probably I'm just bitter at Ibe at ruining what was a very good evening up to that point - in fact I'm sure that's the case :lolol:

and if you were one of those there, you lucky bugger :) lot of noise coming out of that stand last night.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
:lolol: I'm actually having a go at Ibe for having his first name on the back of his shirt, not at you for the completely understandable mis-spelling. And I was saying that whilst Ibe certainly changed the game, I wouldn't suddenly consider him a world beater, it may not be because of his good play but something we did in response. Probably I'm just bitter at Ibe at ruining what was a very good evening up to that point - in fact I'm sure that's the case :lolol:

and if you were one of those there, you lucky bugger :) lot of noise coming out of that stand last night.

Fair points :D

It was a great atmosphere to be fair, love the intimacy of the Bournemouth stadium - reminds me of Brentford away...

Hopefully we'll show more of an attacking persistence next Sunday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure he made as big an impact as is being suggested. Yes, they scored twice with his involvement, but actually the chances we're compounded by so many mistakes by us, I'm not entirely convinced his introduction was the critical factor. Duffy's duff panicy clearance and a rash diving in cost us the first goal, dreadful closing down by Knockeart and Hemed following by Dunk ball watching leaving Defoe led to the 2nd. The 2nd in particularly you really cannot let happen in the Premier League and was easily preventable had players kept their concentration.

47 SN

Sep 12, 2017
Jordan ibe ripped us apart last night, he really was the game changer for bournemouth and hats off to him, thats what he gets paid for.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here