Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd be bloody amazed if they eraned any more than £500 a week . . . . there are full time pro's in the lower leagues who probably only earn that much!

There are part-time players in the Conference south earning over £1k a week. U23s will be on at least £1500 a week.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, it’s completely wrong. Dunk & Duffy on £45k pw!!!! Double that for LD.

Over £4.5m a year for Dunk ? Seems a bit steep ...... I'd be interested in the [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] view though

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would think all the top earners are earning the same, I would guess one of the reasons Duffy and Dunk sign new contracts every week is because they're in line with the top earners, so everytime we break the transfer record, the previous record holders (plus the one of our own) get excited for the payrise coming their way.

For what it's worth, I think they're all worth every penny. Except Locadia, but he'll justify it eventually. Or he'll be sold.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Over £4.5m a year for Dunk ? Seems a bit steep ...... I'd be interested in the [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] view though

I would too, but I'd imagine that very few actually know what the wage cap is, and that it necessarily shifts anyway. Bloom tries his hardest to keep things secret, far harder than other chairmen. I know players may well converse with one another, but how accurate the information they get out of each other is an entirely different question. Equally, I wouldn't really trust too much what comes out from agents (although I'm struggling to think of any commenting on wage structures here). What we do know is that Bloom regularly updates the contracts of key players -- I think Dunk has signed five contracts in the past five years -- and he is also keen to get them to sign long contracts (see of late Dunk, Duffy, Gross and March).

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought the rumours were that Dunk went to £45k when we got promoted. He then got another contract a few weeks ago, so suspect he is on the £50-55k range. All guess work though.

Edit. I also know of an under 23 at another premier league club on £3k per week, 19 years old and nowhere near the first team, if that helps.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I've calculated average weekly wages for 2016/17 (last season for which figs available for most clubs). I'd expect the Albion to be in the bottom 6-8 clubs in terms of wages in the Premier League last season, so you can make estimates from there. Wages won't have risen significantly for existing clubs in the PL in 2017-8 as it was the second year of a three year TV deal.

The figures for the Championship in 2016/17 include promotion bonuses.

As for LD and SD, they pay what the club wants to pay them, it would certainly have to be a decent sum as otherwise they would be picked off by clubs that are a bit bigger. Given we were supposedly paying Kemy Agustein £10,000 a week Dunk and Duffy are worth every penny.

Average Weekly Wages PL 2017.JPG
Championship 2017 Average Wages.JPG

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
From Personal experiance it wont be much more than a couple of thousand a week in extreme cases, but they will get bloody huge bonuses for making the bench, coming on as a sub, starting and then points bonuses on top of that as well. so making the bench and winning they could earn a couple of thousand alone for that.

alexandremendes

Oct 23, 2018
I thought the rumours were that Dunk went to £45k when we got promoted. He then got another contract a few weeks ago, so suspect he is on the £50-55k range. All guess work though.

Edit. I also know of an under 23 at another premier league club on £3k per week, 19 years old and nowhere near the first team, if that helps.

this seems to be the case with many clubs that is almost 150k per year for many players who are not even close to the first team , it seems strange paying amounts like that wether hoping to sell them further and make profit or wait many years untill they are first team standard(if ever)

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Is about right. Dunk was on around 50k with bonuses before his latest contract renewal.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've calculated average weekly wages for 2016/17 (last season for which figs available for most clubs). I'd expect the Albion to be in the bottom 6-8 clubs in terms of wages in the Premier League last season, so you can make estimates from there. Wages won't have risen significantly for existing clubs in the PL in 2017-8 as it was the second year of a three year TV deal.

As for LD and SD, they pay what the club wants to pay them, it would certainly have to be a decent sum as otherwise they would be picked off by clubs that are a bit bigger. Given we were supposedly paying Kemy Agustein £10,000 a week Dunk and Duffy are worth every penny.

View attachment 101586
View attachment 101587

Is that for all staff, including admin, coaches etc or just playing staff?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is that for all staff, including admin, coaches etc or just playing staff?

Playing staff. A few (very few) clubs break out the total wages into those paid to playing staff and 'others' so I have extrapolated the proportion of the total wage bill from those clubs to cover the whole division. It's imperfect, but gives a rough figure. I've been contacted by some financial journalists to say the figures are broadly in line with their figures. I do teach football agents, who are the world's biggest gossips when it comes to player wages and love to show copies of contracts, but it would be unprofessional to give further details as I'm sure you would understand.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Playing staff. A few (very few) clubs break out the total wages into those paid to playing staff and 'others' so I have extrapolated the proportion of the total wage bill from those clubs to cover the whole division. It's imperfect, but gives a rough figure. I've been contacted by some financial journalists to say the figures are broadly in line with their figures. I do teach football agents, who are the world's biggest gossips when it comes to player wages and love to show copies of contracts, but it would be unprofessional to give further details as I'm sure you would understand.

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

View attachment 101586
View attachment 101587

Thank you for the fantastic info, again!!

One question, does Brighton's £19,399 include the effect of the £5.5m club promotion bonuses built paid out at the end of 2016/17 financial year?

Thanks in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here