Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking like a poor turnout at Newcastle

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dogs birthday and it’s a special one so we’re taking her out in London. Will watch on MOTD though.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The cost, rail replacement buses and the fact I’ve done Newcastle away twice already were my main factors.

We are not a club with a huge national fan base.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Utter unreliablity of rail services these days. Transport costs.
Just under four hours to go from Euston to Manchester the other week being a classic illustration.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
This is my first trip to Newcastle.

Last year over Xmas was unaffordable.

Championship year turned out to be my wedding day on August bank holiday weekend.

Mrs is a Newcastle fan so we're heading up Friday and coming back Monday to coincide with my 40th tomorrow.

And yes, she's in the home end and I'm in the away end with you lot.

I couldn't trust myself in the home end if we scored. I'd get my head kicked in or kicked out!

Enjoy - I hope you are both talking afterwards

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If the powers that be stopped pandering to Newcastle and forced them to implement the away fan pitchside rule they themselves enforced to every other club , then that may have had some effect on going to this one for me , i honestly struggled to see who had the ball we were so far up and away in the clouds , i'm not wasting my money on going to Newcastle for basically a night out .

Leaving your glasses in the car didn't help though did it :lolol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Enjoy - I hope you are both talking afterwards

To be perfectly honest I hope I'm the happy chatty one!

I've made a massive mistake though. We left at 4am this morning and was in the hotel bar at 10am. Sitting down having my pint I realised my match ticket is still on my fridge door in Burgess Hill:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon

Phoned the club as soon as I realised and I'm now on the duplicate list to pick up another one tomorrow.

What an absolute ****.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To be perfectly honest I hope I'm the happy chatty one!

I've made a massive mistake though. We left at 4am this morning and was in the hotel bar at 10am. Sitting down having my pint I realised my match ticket is still on my fridge door in Burgess Hill:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon:FFSPuncheon

Phoned the club as soon as I realised and I'm now on the duplicate list to pick up another one tomorrow.

What an absolute ****.

I've done that before. We were on the coach going to Derby. I rang the club who arranged for me to pick up a duplicate when we arrived.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
For a pre-match child friendly pub you could try The Goose on Percy Street. It's a big pub so you may even get a seat and it does cheap food. Away fan friendly and I've seen plenty of kids in there before. Short walk to SJP from there. Not a favourite of mine by any means but would do a job.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It’s looking like it going to be a poor turnout at Newcastle this weekend.
It looks like we have sold less than 1500 tickets for the game.
Is this down to the fact that Newcastle is just
too far away or is it the wrong time of the month.(financially)
Is our poor away form a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Utter unreliablity of rail services these days. Transport costs.
Just under four hours to go from Euston to Manchester the other week being a classic illustration.

Yeah I must have been on the same train.
I hope you got the 50% refund you were entitled to for your journey between Euston & Manchester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] in "Photo of huge hairy gash" shocker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here