Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's another issue they seem to have forgotten about.............................

Originally posted by FairweatherEagle
Good point - the club could get into real trouble if someone does point out the persistent standing in block E now. If the ejectees get disgruntled enough they could just go to the authorities and point out that the club has effectively made their old patch a standing section.Could cause the club big problems.

Closure of the whole LH is/would be a real possibility.
Lovely stuff.

We can look forward to another fanatics strike when palace are forced to make them sit down.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You may well be right, I just don't see it.

'Too good to go down' or to be more precise 'not bad enough to go down' is what they've been sold and they are happy with that.
The club, fans, image etc doesn't seem to have bothered them in the past, just so long as the money is coming in.

As said beyond exorbitant wages for a few players, their doesn't seem to be much evidence of their £100,000,000 investment, esp when added to the £500,000,000 the club has earned.

I'm finding it tough to look upon their ownership with a Mr Bloom perspective.
If a coherent palace fan can help me out, I'm more than happy to be wrong and have my mind changed.

Oh and I'm not intentionally slagging them off, if I was a Private Equity Investor, and knew what one was, I'd also be all over the Premier League thinking it was an easy way to make money.
But they aren't making money. The "oops we forgot but filed them eventually" accounts (for over a year ago) showed that without profit on player sales they made a loss of over £20m.

I can take an informed guess that the following year's accounts (i.e. for last season) will be much worse as they spent even more on wages and gained much less from selling players.

If the yanks are in it for the cash (which they obviously are) then how are they supposed to get a return on their investment?

It makes total sense that they've realised that their only asset in the pile of turd they've put their money into is the "greatest atmosphere in the league". Take that away and what do they have?

A tottering wreck of a ground, shithouse training facilities and a company that pisses every penny it generates, and much more, on wages, stupid transfer fees and paying Prince Charming a few mil a year.

It all smacks of this....

9f949c5ff5965d54bd93d7e7dc4de39a.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But they aren't making money. The "oops we forgot but filed them eventually" accounts (for over a year ago) showed that without profit on player sales they made a loss of over £20m.

I can take an informed guess that the following year's accounts (i.e. for last season) will be much worse as they spent even more on wages and gained much less from selling players.

If the yanks are in it for the cash (which they obviously are) then how are they supposed to get a return on their investment?

It makes total sense that they've realised that their only asset in the pile of turd they've put their money into is the "greatest atmosphere in the league". Take that away and what do they have?

A tottering wreck of a ground, shithouse training facilities and a company that pisses every penny it generates, and much more, on wages, stupid transfer fees and paying Prince Charming a few mil a year.
I guess it's more a question for [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], but do the accounts show if the American's took money out of the club?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I guess it's more a question for [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], but do the accounts show if the American's took money out of the club?
We haven't seen last year's accounts yet and probably won't for a long while. Once they are finally submitted then yes, someone like EP will be able to point out payments to related companies and the like. IIRC the Americans own their shareholding in Palace through US registered (Delaware I think which is like the IOM here for transparency) companies rather than personally. Which is normal for US investors in UK companies. Not sure there'll be much for them to have taken out though.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It appears that the Loyal400 are being turfed out to be replaced by 150 fanatics and 250 extras ( to be approved by the fanatics).

So much wrong with this.

- If the extras are not already ST-Holders then that is 250 less seat options for the Loyal400 to move to.
- The waiting list(!) is being bypassed.

- The fanatics now run part of the ticketing. Do they get free seats ? ???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Only if he cryogenically freezes his hair. Which he may already have done.

Stop planning for the future - none of us will see 2110 but we’re all pretty sure you’re correct :lol:

Not a view bro, its a measurement of this season

have you calibrated your decibel meter?

you cock.

fair play to you, you are the only vagabond on this thread, but could you please address some of the issues that have been repeatedly raised?

what if you had been moved?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It appears that the Loyal400 are being turfed out to be replaced by 150 fanatics and 250 extras ( to be approved by the fanatics).

So much wrong with this.

- If the extras are not already ST-Holders then that is 250 less seat options for the Loyal400 to move to.
- The waiting list(!) is being bypassed.

- The fanatics now run part of the ticketing. Do they get free seats ? ???

I'm sure I read on Twitter earlier that fans in other areas of the ground will be moved to keep groups of fans together who are being moved out of block E.

Why not wait till they score a goal, all run around when the goal music plays and then they get the seat they are at when the music stops......I'm sure they will score a home goal eventually....

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
One thing that confuses me is the promised return to ‘fortress Selhurst’
Their home record is one of the poorest of any team in the premier league, during the last few years. Keep it up though as it’s bloody funny to the outside football world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's another issue they seem to have forgotten about.............................

Originally posted by FairweatherEagle
Good point - the club could get into real trouble if someone does point out the persistent standing in block E now. If the ejectees get disgruntled enough they could just go to the authorities and point out that the club has effectively made their old patch a standing section.Could cause the club big problems.

Closure of the whole LH is/would be a real possibility.

Oooooh, now who would possibly point that out to the authorities....?!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The Holmesdale400 (H400) petition is amusing. There are 400 fans likely to be kicked out of their seats to accommodate the spotty oiks who are blackmailing Disney but only 104 of them have been arsed to sign the petition! So the H400 can't be that arsed about being turfed out.

And they chose to use a change.org petition which makes it somewhat arduous for us to show our full support!

Can this get any better? It's CPFC2010. Of course it can!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

There's no evidence of that.

Parish took out money four ways

Salary £2,150,000

Loan interest (a share of £88,000)

Rent £234,000 from Smoke and Mirrors Group Ltd

Property services £117,000 from VMM Ltd

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Salary £2,150,000

For a businessman in a high profile position, having a company called Smoke and Mirrors Ltd is actually a disgrace.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Salary £2,150,000

So he's paying himself about 40k a week to divide their fan base.

Cheap when you consider it's less than half that Benteke is stealing from them every week.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The standing issue in the lower Holmesdale has never been an issue as far as I’m aware, we’ve all stood in blocks A to D for years with no sanctions issued.
This has become a mess, and Parish has done his self no favours.
Feel very sorry for those in block E who have been displaced, and hope they get fairly compensated and decent seats for next season.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The standing issue in the lower Holmesdale has never been an issue as far as I’m aware, we’ve all stood in blocks A to D for years with no sanctions issued.
This has become a mess, and Parish has done his self no favours.
Feel very sorry for those in block E who have been displaced, and hope they get fairly compensated and decent seats for next season.

Serious question, is there a waiting list for season tickets and, if so, how many are on it please?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Serious question, is there a waiting list for season tickets and, if so, how many are on it please?

I’m sure it’s limited, ( for season tickets )around 18,000 I think.
Don’t know about a waiting list.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I’m sure it’s limited, ( for season tickets )around 18,000 I think.
Don’t know about a waiting list.

Just wondered how those waiting will feel about those that left this season (or rather didn't renew) going before them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here