Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What are your expectations and hopes for the United game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a really bizarre dream last night. I was in the tunnel with Mourinho. I don't know if it was at the Amex, but he was going absolutely APESHIT at whatever was happening out on the pitch, and started punching the wall really hard. Then he turned round and stormed out of the stadium. I followed him outside, it was hammering down with rain, and somehow I ended up in the passenger seat of his car. He started pulling away, except there was someone on a pizza delivery moped right next to his car. I was going "whoa, WHOA" but he didn't care, and turned right into them, knocking them over and driving off. I'm not sure if he'd run them over. Thats all I remember, doctor.

I'd bloody LOVE it if that happened on Sunday (apart from the pizza guy of course).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Considering the opposition you ain't wrong! I was quite chuffed we "only" lost 0-2 to City.

Indeed. At the time, holding City for 70 odd minutes, almost felt like a moral victory.
At Watford, there was a different level of expectation. Our transfer window looked good. The squad seemed strengthened. Hopes were high. Our best chance of points in the opening three games. Result...anti-climax and a feeling of same old, same old. Uninspiring performance, uninspiring management. Brief cameos from Bissouma and AJ showed what might have been, with more game-time but perseverance with players who have regularly let us down away from home, continues to open little cracks in the veneer of our manager.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Expecting a decent performance, but not hopeful of any points. A draw would be psychologically massive.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I had a really bizarre dream last night. I was in the tunnel with Mourinho. I don't know if it was at the Amex, but he was going absolutely APESHIT at whatever was happening out on the pitch, and started punching the wall really hard. Then he turned round and stormed out of the stadium. I followed him outside, it was hammering down with rain, and somehow I ended up in the passenger seat of his car. He started pulling away, except there was someone on a pizza delivery moped right next to his car. I was going "whoa, WHOA" but he didn't care, and turned right into them, knocking them over and driving off. I'm not sure if he'd run them over. Thats all I remember, doctor.

I'd bloody LOVE it if that happened on Sunday (apart from the pizza guy of course).

You want to drive off with Mourinho in his car?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

I rarely have vivid dreams, but a couple of weeks ago, I did have a dream about this fixture. It was 0-0 at 90 mins and we had a free kick just outside their box, in front of the North. Just as a player (i'm not sure which) was running up, my alarm went off. The timing was annoying, but I did try and doze off again immediately to continue it. Unfortunately, I'd already told myself it was a dream, and therefore the moment had gone.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
4-4-2. All I hope for is that we don't set up for a draw because it doesn't work!!

We're at home so please, a positive approach.

EDIT: And more than one of the new players to start the game rather than sitting on their arses.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope CH drops everybody that started v Watford.

The Albion lose.

Then NSC can have a whole week slagging off 11 different players. :lol:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I can’t see anything else but a 5-0 win here.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think we'll play well but will, sadly, be outclassed 0-2

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think he will, because it isn't his style, but I do hope we don't overreact after losing at Watford, by making wholesale changes both to personnel and the system. It's important to keep things in perspective, yes l know we were pretty poor, but it was just ONE defeat.

There was talk on the radio of us playing with a back three on Sunday, we all know what happened the only and only time that we tried that before. Play Montoya by all means, but keep the rest of the defence the same as that which served us so admirably last season. Bong instead of Bernardo for this one please.

Signing all these new players is great, but they need to be drip fed into the side, not fielded en-masse.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh one thing I am actually looking forward too:-

"Live round the corner,
You only live round the corner".

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If we go out and play with a bit of spirit and passion then I don't mind if we lose (and I suspect we will lose). If we play like at Watford then we'll get absolutely annihilated and rightly so.
Hope is a sneaky 1-0 win, i expect a heavy defeat though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here