Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Johnson

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Really? Source?

I wouldn’t have thought anyone would go near him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear I saw it in a tweet from BBC Sport asking Villa Fans if they were happy if that was true, but I can't find it now so they must've deleted it. Did think it was a bit mad myself for a club so quickly to make a decision, but should've done my research better.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What you describe above was not rape.

Below taken from the FPA Website (https://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex#age-consent)

As you can see the fact you were both the same age and it was consensual would mean there would be no intention to prosecute.

Had the girl been 12 or under she would have not been able to give consent legally then that becomes rape. Once a child reaches 13 the law considers them to be able to make informed consent and then it is down to the age of the other person involved and other factors like do they hold position of responsibility etc that would actually determine what the offences would be.

It was rape when I was 14. Regrettably a long time before 2003.

The law changed when we realised that girls enjoy sex as much as boys...in her case a bit more if I’m honest..and 16 was only the age of consent for girls. So girls being sexually active before then was beyond the pail.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was rape when I was 14. Regrettably a long time before 2003.

The law changed when we realised that girls enjoy sex as much as boys...in her case a bit more if I’m honest..and 16 was only the age of consent for girls. So girls being sexually active before then was beyond the pail.

I always remember being told at school it was 16 just for girls - and I believe whatever age for boys? When did this change please? Are you saying this was the law up until 2003?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? Source?

I wouldn’t have thought anyone would go near him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does his conviction, and presence on the sex offenders register, sit with working at a football club where there’s many under 16s?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I always remember being told at school it was 16 just for girls - and I believe whatever age for boys? When did this change please? Are you saying this was the law up until 2003?

I’m not an expert mate. I was responding to Shabadoos post where he mentioned the review in 2003 that amended the law, which always used to be, that consent age only applied to girls.... and boys in homosexual relationships.

I remember being told at School that, if we were caught having sex with a girl under 16 we were potentially liable for rape charges.

Even if we were the same age.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adam Johnson got put in prison for "attempting" to do what David Bowie "did"

Let that sink in

just-let-that-sink-in_o_5061875.webp

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
How does his conviction, and presence on the sex offenders register, sit with working at a football club where there’s many under 16s?

As long as he doesn’t have any contact with them as part of his role it’s probably allowed (I’m guessing). Obviously coaching the youth team etc wouldn’t be allowed. I assume it’s positions of power that could be abused that someone on the sex offenders register cannot hold.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Age of consent for females and males has been 16 since 1885 (when it was raised from 13 to 16)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wished sex cases didn't get out on license after half their sentence. He should still be on the nonce wing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he should be allowed to leave the uk to play games in another country under very controlled conditions like giving flight details and address etc. I know that Mark Lawrenson used to fly out to Malta, with Paul Marriner, on a Friday play a game on Saturday and or Sunday and fly back on Monday. They had both retired from football in this country and received a pay out, which is why they had to play in Malta. I think that he should be allowed to do the same to play games and train at home if a club allowed it.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that he should b allowed to leave the uk to play games in another country under very controlled conditions like giving flight details and address etc. I know that Mark Lawrenson used to fly out to Malta, with Paul Marriner, on a Friday play a game on Saturday and or Sunday and fly back on Monday. They had both retired from football in this country and received a pay out, which is why they had to play in Malta. I think that he should be allowed to do the same to play games and train at home if a club allowed it.

Some countries wouldn’t want him in with that conviction.

Whereas Russia or Kazakhstan might turn a blind eye to his lack of moral compass.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some countries wouldn’t want him in with that conviction.

Whereas Russia or Kazakhstan might turn a blind eye to his lack of moral compass.
You could read that?

I thought it was a word search, before it got edited down to just a few errors.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
With FA safeguarding will find it difficult to sign for a British club. But also unlikely to get a visa abroad.

No doubt he will end up somewhere but will no doubt be some footballing backwater. Or Portsmouth

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He's shit anyway. And how's he going to get his fitness back? I can't see any club taking a punt on him especially as he's not going to improve with the wages he'll demand.

Let him rot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here