Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mortgage advice

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Reminds me - I need to think about moving/re-mortgaging in the not too distant future. Whats the market like at the moment US?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pm'd back, thanks chaps. The market is very good but a lot of documents and things required now post MMR. PM me if you need a personal quote, thanks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pm'd back, thanks chaps. The market is very good but a lot of documents and things required now post MMR. PM me if you need a personal quote, thanks

Can I be so bold as to offer YOU some mortgage advice US: empty your PM box on a regular basis. You've been getting people telling you your PM box is full for years :dunce:

:moo:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
PM me if you need a personal quote, thanks

Please feel free to pm me for any mortgage or protection advice...

16453-Street_Fighter_III_3rd_Strike:_Fight_for_the_Future_(USA,_990608)-9.png

Wait until 2018 when prices will be 40% below their peek (which will occur in April 2016 and be 10% higher than now)

The unafordability (based on price to average earning rations is unsustainable) and this coupled with tighter mortgage requirements, the talk of rising interest rates, the extra stamp duty and with withdrawal of tax reliefs for buy to let landlords (which, along with austerity on housing benefits will remove the driver and pretty much sole competitors to first time buyers from the market. Couple that with current landlords flooding the market as they dump their current holdings) and the market will free fall from April, only to caught as average earnings and property prices return to their long term average.

Of course, I could be wrong and landlords will still find it acceptable to invest £100's of £1000's in an asset producing less than a 3% return, whilst paying £10's of £1000's more in tax (stamp duty) for the privilege. And at the same time, Mr and Ms average enjoying a joint income of £50k PA (still dreamland for many) will somehow be able to find the near £50,000 in savings (10% deposit and fees) and the £2000 + a month for a mortgage to buy an average priced 3 bedroom house (based on Shoreham).

Just my opinion. For what it's worth I sell sticky labels for a living!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sure I'll get shot down here and, this isn't in any way meant to antagonise the mortgage experts or those offering services........but what exactly do the people who offer advice provide you that you can't find yourself?

When I remortgaged I just sat at my laptop for a whole day, noted all the offers and called all the ones suited to me. The comparison sites are so good now that I found it easy.

Again, this isn't a "don't use mortgage brokers" post. This is more of a "what am I missing out on by doing it myself?" question.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I'm sure I'll get shot down here and, this isn't in any way meant to antagonise the mortgage experts or those offering services........but what exactly do the people who offer advice provide you that you can't find yourself?

When I remortgaged I just sat at my laptop for a whole day, noted all the offers and called all the ones suited to me. The comparison sites are so good now that I found it easy.

Again, this isn't a "don't use mortgage brokers" post. This is more of a "what am I missing out on by doing it myself?" question.

Absolutely this - sorted my own mortgage and doing same with new deal at the moment.

Did chat to some mortgage advisors originally who offered me the same deals I found myself, just at 0.5% or so higher interest - presumably to fund their commission/fee.

I'm sure some people don't know where to start, but if you understand the basics of different types of mortgage just sort it yourself. Much cheaper

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Certain lenders will only deal with intermediaries, and certain deals will only be offered through intermediaries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here