Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unfortunately thats true, until recently at least would we have been effective without Murray? I think the answer to that is a very definate no.

Another similarity is in our respective chairmen, Huddersfield's Dean Hoyle, and our very own Tony Bloom, both businessmen are billionaires and also life long fans.

What? Hoyle net worth was £360m in 2016! Allowing for inflation, to go up £640 million in two years is one hell of a return.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Interesting fact from Christmas University Challenge last night ...

Huddersfield are the only club to play in all four divisions in TWO different grounds.

Haven't we done that - with grounds to spare ? I've certainly seen us play in at least 2 grounds per division.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Haven't we done that - with grounds to spare ? I've certainly seen us play in at least 2 grounds per division.

That wasn't the point though. Hudds played in all four divisions at Leeds Road, and they've now played in all four divisions at the McAlpine (whatever) stadium. (The PL is counted as the 'top division'). No one else has done that. (We did four and three at the Goldstone and Withdean). Loads of clubs have played in all four divisions at different grounds.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
There were some pretty nasty comments following our win but overall I think they are more like our club than most. The key difference between the two teams is Murray. If they had Murray and we had both Depoirtre & Mounie we would be below them. Its goals that win games not the quality of the football.

Maybe I'm the only one or it's the anticipation of tonight that's warped my sense of realism, but think that's way off the mark.
Looking through Huddersfield's side, I can't see three players that would make our squad, let alone starting eleven. That shows just how well we've done with recruiting and equally how badly they have. All right, maybe VLP on the wing gets a shout due to our injuries, no wait a second, they've just sent him to Middlesborough.
I respect them as a 'proper' football club and their chairman for his similarities to TB, but they have been utterly mismanaged for the last twelve months with recruitment and it seems to me Wagner has lost it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looking through Huddersfield's side, I can't see three players that would make our squad, let alone starting eleven.

Not sure about that. I'd definitely have Mooy in our squad and their goalie is pretty decent too - he'd be a good back-up to Ryan - and Billing would be a good addition to our 25. Of course, Pritchard is a decent player too - although he'd fail the 'no dickhead policy'

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not sure about that. I'd definitely have Mooy in our squad and their goalie is pretty decent too - he'd be a good back-up to Ryan - and Billing would be a good addition to our 25. Of course, Pritchard is a decent player too - although he'd fail the 'no dickhead policy'

I don't think Pritchard would add anything to our squad, just like Huddersfield's results since he signed indicate that he hasn't added anything to theirs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maybe I'm the only one or it's the anticipation of tonight that's warped my sense of realism, but think that's way off the mark.
Looking through Huddersfield's side, I can't see three players that would make our squad, let alone starting eleven. That shows just how well we've done with recruiting and equally how badly they have. All right, maybe VLP on the wing gets a shout due to our injuries, no wait a second, they've just sent him to Middlesborough.
I respect them as a 'proper' football club and their chairman for his similarities to TB, but they have been utterly mismanaged for the last twelve months with recruitment and it seems to me Wagner has lost it.

We have a decent striker or two and they haven't, plus we have an excellent manager while they have one who appears to have been found out at the top level.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Meltdown on DATM

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For the first time I feel sorry for them. I read an article about their owner Dean Hoyle who’s a good bloke like TB and unusually for a northern outpost there’s not the nastiness against visiting clubs fans from chavs - Burnley.

Cardiff, Burnley and Stains would be my preferred three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here