Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] OK North Standers, what was the excuse today?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And an Amex record pretendence announced as well. We'd like to thank all you empty seats for your support...

No atmosphere.....empty seats.....wow!

What a shit club we are, eh? Doomed to stay where we are in the bottom 3 then go down.

Oh.

If you hanker for atomosphre and a crowd, try to get on a Victoria line carriage at 8.15 tomorrow morning. I can guarantee an 'atmosphere' and much close body warmth.

:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't think we're any more or less reactive than other clubs. Sometimes the atmosphere at the Amex is fantastic, and our home support has been praised a lot since being in the prem. Sometimes it is a little flat though, as at every ground up and down the country. Yesterday was one of those days, but we really were poor despite the win. One shot on target! Second half after we scored I think anxiety took over more than anything!

Deffo.

I think the 'problem' is we judge ourselves against the rare occasions the whole ground is on it from GOSBTS.

We just aren't those supporters, we weren't at the Goldstone we aren't now.
Unfortunately when everything does collide it's spine tinglingly fantastic and invariably we get a performance to match, hence the frustration when we revert back to the norm, or worse still slip below that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really don't think we're any more or less reactive than other clubs. Sometimes the atmosphere at the Amex is fantastic, and our home support has been praised a lot since being in the prem. Sometimes it is a little flat though, as at every ground up and down the country. Yesterday was one of those days, but we really were poor despite the win. One shot on target! Second half after we scored I think anxiety took over more than anything!

Watching your team being outclassed by a team half full of well known internationals set the tone.

All clubs fans up the ante are taking the lead. Every away set of fans at the Amex become far noisier once their team takes the lead. Stadia such as Anfield, Goodison, SJP, all become far noisier when the fan are relieved by taking the lead.

el punal

It wasn't as bad as you make out. I don't know what you expect anyway, we were so poor first half and not much better second on the whole - barely strung two passes together.

At the start of the second half the wolves fans went quiet when we went 1 up and (briefly) got a foothold in the game. In this country, like it or not, we as fans generally react more and involve ourselves in what's going on on the pitch

As an aside, how was it a record attendance?! Added a couple more seats??

Your first part of your post is spot on - the fans will be up for it if the team are, conversely the fans will be a bit subdued if nothing is being produced on the pitch. The first half yesterday was the perfect example of that. At least, unlike some other clubs, our fans don’t boo the team if things aren’t hunky dory.

Your second part of the post - our attendances in recent matches have been close to capacity (30,750) on a consistent basis, around 30,500+. Yesterday was the only the second home game so far to kick off at 3.00 pm. That probably means it’s easier to attend than the stupid o’clock fixtures we have to endure for televised games.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A record crowd at the Amex and the team with their backs against the wall; the North Stand hardly raised a chant in the first half and were absent most of the time the players needed a lift. What was the problem, was it a case of just couldn't be bothered?

Wasn't your hearing aid not switched on?
Where we were sat, they were coming through loud and clear, West stand also :rolleyes:
Plus we had this young ginger haired lad in front off, singing his heart out every time the NS had started singing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While you are at it why not start a thread about the West, East and South.
Stupid thread.

It is the North's job to start, generate and maintain the atmosphere though. It's always been the singing "end" at the Amex and Goldstone. The WSU where I sit (North end of it) will often join in the better songs if we hear them being sung but you can't generate all the atmosphere from the upper tier of a sideline main stand.

It wasn't THAT bad yesterday. It wasn't THAT good either. A bit m'eh. Bonkers at the end though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A record crowd at the Amex and the team with their backs against the wall; the North Stand hardly raised a chant in the first half and were absent most of the time the players needed a lift. What was the problem, was it a case of just couldn't be bothered?
Jeez! Not this shit again [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I know a season ticket holder at Anfield who tells me the atmosphere is generally shyte at Anfield these days apart from games against the other top 6 teams and big nights in Europe

We are no different to any other set of fans, and the atmosphere at the Amex is often better than at a lot of other grounds

Edit: meant to quote Weststanders post, number 23

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
So an elderly fan dies at the game. Starts of a normal day going to watch his beloved team and you think that the lack of singing in the North stand is relevant.
I am sure you would have thought twice if it was a member of your family.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Hands up time..I was one of the empty seats (not that i ever use it) in NS - A boiler breakdown in morning, and buses between Three bridges and Lewes did for me. I'll try harder next time.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I understand many of the comments about Wolves being the better team and subduing the atmosphere surely that's when the player's need the twelfth man support. Stop being so precious and just get behind the team for ninety minutes, we seem to do it well away from home and yet can't replicate it at home.I
And what a ridiculous comment that the North Stand is to small, it's about the same size as the South Stand and get I can always hear the away fans.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Why don't you just **** off you sad little prick.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Lots of you getting a little precious.

The usual claptrap "no worse than usual", "haven't you got better things to worry about", "empty seats" blablabla

Let's be honest it was pretty woeful yesterday in terms of support, you cannot blame the team on the pitch because like someone else said, you could tell it was going to be a quiet one from the off. The North certainly had an off day, but having stood there on a number of occasions I don't really expect much from it anymore. Way too fragmented in terms of vocal support with dick heads who only join in the songs they like, sit-downers and mutes stifling any noise that could travel.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Meh

Flat as a witches tit. Just like the game. I was in N1G and it was a quiet one. So what. Just like the old days at the Goldstone, fickle as ****, just how I like it. Knowing how random the chanting is from the NS makes it all the sweeter when we bring the house down. We're not the Vienna Choir, or the BHA juke box.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
While I understand many of the comments about Wolves being the better team and subduing the atmosphere surely that's when the player's need the twelfth man support. Stop being so precious and just get behind the team for ninety minutes, we seem to do it well away from home and yet can't replicate it at home.I
And what a ridiculous comment that the North Stand is to small, it's about the same size as the South Stand and get I can always hear the away fans.

The south stand is deadly silent when the Albion are dominating games. Strange that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You do realise how pathetic appraising the North Stand on it's noise levels appears, when you're presumably sat in a stand many times larger, comprising fans with equally functioning singing voices.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sorry but that's not the case on any one of the numerous times it was sung, with the exception of when he came on.

It is the case, I know because I was there, I sang the song when he was warming up in the first half and thier fans carried it on. Maybe the reverse happened later on in the game, I didn't notice but at the end of the day all fans do this so I don't think it's a great example of our "reactive support"

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It is the case, I know because I was there, I sang the song when he was warming up in the first half and thier fans carried it on. Maybe the reverse happened later on in the game, I didn't notice but at the end of the day all fans do this so I don't think it's a great example of our "reactive support"

This, both times they carried it on, not us.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Guys, guys. What we need is a big drum and a sh*t load of vuvuzelas. That will get the North Stand Ultras going!

*runs and hides*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here