Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barnet v Brentford last 4th round tie on BT

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have they changed the rules again relating to 'deception of an official'? It was only brought in at the beginning of last season.

They may or may not have done. People may or may not have known. Decisions may or may not be being influenced as a consequence.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just travelling back from the game.

What a match. It had everything - flares going off in both ends! Stewards couldn't control anything. Barnet cheated out of the fifth round by the penalty it sounds. I was standing at the other end.

Terrific atmosphere - best ever at the Hive - shame it was mostly irritating 16-year olds on the terrace but pleased to have seen a real cup tie.

Don't know why the BBC chose Chelsea over this. I switched off at half-time yesterday.

Will they show the replay? Will they b@llocks!! Even if they get through it's Swansea away ffs!

What a great manager Barnet have in Darren Currie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is hugely entertaining.

Memory is a weird thing I remember Darren Currie as an absolute Albion stalwart, but have just checked and he only made 22 appearances for us in 2004.

I am getting old...

I think we got him for free and sold him for a sizable amount 7 months or so later.

“Currie impressed Brighton manager Mark McGhee during pre-season trials in 2004 and was given a one-year contract,[5] with McGee saying, "Darren has skills comparable with any player at this level." A few months later in December 2004, Currie joined Ipswich Town for a transfer fee of £250,000, which Brighton's financial position meant they could not turn down.”

Wow, 250k return on a few months.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Terrific atmosphere - best ever at the Hive - shame it was mostly irritating 16-year olds on the terrace but pleased to have seen a real cup tie.

Made my first visit to the Hive last night - one of 680 in attendance for the Carshalton FA Trophy replay. This one had a slightly less febrile atmosphere (though the 100 or so Robins fans made an effort). Barnet made harder work of it than they should. Two good goals from Shaq Coulhirst - second was a terrific team goal and a belter of a finish.

Nice little ground though - the bar is really decent. Look forward to getting back up there for a bigger game, some time soon.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's the huge problem with the Hive, Hans Kraay.

When there's only a few hundred the atmosphere is simply dreadful. When you get the big games it feels like a real football match - the soul of North Londoners, who are quite reserved people, comes out and it's a nice experience. I expect all the die-hards were there and they absolutely love the club. The move from Underhill still rankles with most Barnet fans though.

I've got free tickets for Leyton Orient on Saturday 30th March. I expect BT Sports might well move kick-off time with the O's being near the top and being a London derby. Hopefully I can get Brighton v Southampton somehow on my phone!

Shaquile Coulthirst is destined for bigger things. Sadly, he recently lost his mum around Christmas and has just returned. He always gives 100% no matter what game it is. What he's been through I can't begin to imagine.

Hope you had a good night mate. :thumbsup:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Currie impressed Brighton manager Mark McGhee during pre-season trials in 2004 and was given a one-year contract,[5] with McGee saying, "Darren has skills comparable with any player at this level." A few months later in December 2004, Currie joined Ipswich Town for a transfer fee of £250,000, which Brighton's financial position meant they could not turn down.”

Wow, 250k return on a few months.

I loved Currie. Proper flair player. And awful hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. And his teeth weren’t too great either.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

And the most-down-to-earth man you could ever wish to meet.

His collection of tattoos is seriously impressive! The guy makes David Beckham look like a tramp! Oozes class. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here