[Albion] Incident in the 1901 west stand

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cons:
1 Larger concentration of disinterested kids playing on their phones
2 Less atmosphere than a snorkeling competition a pool full of mushroom soup

I'm not sure this was the best game for those two points - the cheap tickets meant a crowd that might not be typical - I know of a few kids making their first trip to a live game of football. And the atmosphere was poor everywhere. A mixture of people sitting in different seats splitting up those that usually sing together etc.

A regular league match may have fewer disinterested kids, and more atmosphere.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm not sure this was the best game for those two points - the cheap tickets meant a crowd that might not be typical - I know of a few kids making their first trip to a live game of football. And the atmosphere was poor everywhere. A mixture of people sitting in different seats splitting up those that usually sing together etc.

A regular league match may have fewer disinterested kids, and more atmosphere.

Fair points. At least we had an almost full ground. Just a pity it wasn't a more exciting game for the newbies.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sat ESU front row. Thought it would be good. Not convinced long way from pitch. Top of WSU must be awfull. My normal seats 12 from front row in WSL much better IMO.

Far from it. I was in West Upper W3D bang on the halfway line. The view was brilliant.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My view also.

I went in the North for the first time yesterday for a different experience. I didn’t expect a better view of the game from there than I normally get from my WSU seat and so it was, but it was a different experience and that made a change.

I think that for virtually everyone yesterday it wasn’t what you would normally like (otherwise there will be a massive seat-swapping come ST renewal time), but it was different. The North Stand clearly wasn’t the normal crowd and experience either as it was a mix of people from every stand and that must have been the case everywhere around the ground.

Just to settle the question of from which stand you get the best view of a game, the TV cameras are in WSU for a reason. Just saying, like.
Yeah but cameras can zoom in..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Different crowd yesterday. Never seen so many children which was good to see. Sure many there for first time and taking advantage of sensible prices.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Different crowd yesterday. Never seen so many children which was good to see. Sure many there for first time and taking advantage of sensible prices.

I wonder how many will return after that showing?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair points. At least we had an almost full ground. Just a pity it wasn't a more exciting game for the newbies.

Withdean used to be famous for that. In the dog years every time the club made some kind of commercial effort to fill the ground with kids and newbies, the team invariably turned in the kind of performance to scare them away again :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here