[Brighton] All uber lovers

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Why would I need good luck ? I use Uber at least half a dozen times a month and never had a problem. The same can not be said of the local firms. Almost all the Uber drivers I've had have been from Adur or Lewes so even all this shit about 'London drivers' is rubbish.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
saturday morning 14th july bottom of west st to st peter,s church £9.00 told as its busy 1.88 normal fare increase normal cab £5.80
saturday afternoon 14th july Gatwick £82 but set fare on radio cabs £40
saturday 21st july old market, upper st hove to bond st. quoted £19 (not enough cars ) 204060 fare was
£5.80 have deleted their app and installed radio cabs and was told any out of town runs phone for set fare day or night
Uber is a total rip off, no cars price surge !!!

Assume you are a cab driver? From my experience they just rip you off with fixed fares. They used to get really upset when I declined a fixed fare from Brighton to Newhaven as it was generally £5 cheaper on the meter.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
App works just like Uber (apparently as I've never used them), can track the car and you know the name of the driver, estimated cost, car reg etc.

You can't educate pork.

Apparently you can educate City Cars in Sheffield who now use an 'Uber App' clone.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Last night's Uber, City Centre to Portslade £12 in a brand new Audi A6 with a nice, talkative, happy driver who knew the local area very well. Last B&H taxi I took cost nearly £20 into Brighton and the miserable cabbie (who didn't mutter a word until we got into town) dropped me at the clock tower (despite the journey supposed to end at the Seven Stars pub) refusing to go any further.

We all have a choice, I chose Uber.

This sums the reality very nicely. Uber is successful for a reason and it isn't a race to the bottom. We were already there with B&H Taxis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here