Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anybody interested in creating Android Apps ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Guys - I hope Bozza allows this - if not, no problem, but I'm after a little help.

I have mentioned on here before that 3 years ago I was really quite ill, with bowel cancer and kidney failure and I had to stop working. As I can't now really go out to work I am now trying to initiate a new online career.

As a software developer with 30 years experience, I am trying to use this to make online teaching courses and I have made my first one on the subject of developing Android Apps. It starts off very basic, with some help on general programming, moves on to Android specific stuff and then takes you through right from the concept of an App through to publishing it on the Google Play Store.

In order for this to be any sort of success I need some reviews of the course, so I am after a number of people - who will get a coupon to get the course for free - to take a look at the course and give it a review, 5 stars would be nice as that helps in the ranking, but the rating score would be up to you.

If anybody is interested, drop me a mail at rich.p.goodman@gmail.com and I'll send you the coupon link and instructions.

Thanks muchly,
/TD

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd be interested, but It won't be until early November.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Will you do an IOS dev one Tricks?

Hi - would be nice at some point, but not at the moment, I'm not really an Apple person - I reckon I would need an iPhone and a Mac to allow me to do a course properly and I don't have either. However, if you really want to do one, I have an acquaintance who has numerous excellent courses, and there are at least a couple on IOS. Just go to the Udemy website and search for Rob Percival.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Emailling you now - hopefully this will give me the kick up the backside I need to finally create an app like I've been talking about doing for years to by OH...

Might be a bit slow getting through it as I fit it around work etc - hope thats ok.

Z

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Which technologies/language are used?

The coding framework is Android Studio (which is free), the language is Java plus I use a database called Firebase (Google owned). The course predominantly takes a single App - happens to be a simple chat App - from the concept, the programming right through to publication.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
This is something I've wanted to do for a while. However coming from a C, C++, C# background I don't really know Java. I've played with it a bit, but it's not on my CV. If I intended to build apps with, say, Xamarin would your course still be of use?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This is something I've wanted to do for a while. However coming from a C, C++, C# background I don't really know Java. I've played with it a bit, but it's not on my CV. If I intended to build apps with, say, Xamarin would your course still be of use?

My background is C++, I really doubt you'll have any problem on the course. I have no experience with Xamarin, so that's a difficult one. No harm in taking a look at the course, it'll cost you nothing but a bit of time.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've emailed you.
I have literally zero experience in programming so it should be a giggle finding out just how dense I am.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i had a go at creating apps, the problem i had (other than gernal laziness) was getting a damn emulator setup in Genymotion. all far more complex and niggly than it should be, some decent guide on that, or ideally package something working in a VM would be a great idea to help new developers. as a general point in my IT career, the bootstrap and setup of environment is often overlooked by teaching materials.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here