Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Cole

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to admit to not following the comings and goings of Frank Lampard's Derby that closely. But can't have been the only one asking when he was announced as coming on as sub: not THE Ashley Cole shirley?! :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Him and Bruno attacking each other

So sweet.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Reckon Bruno beats him by a month :thumbsup:
Bruno hasn't scored at the Amex since April 2016 when he was a mere 35 years old.

Kevin Phillips would have been around 38 when he scored twice for Blackpool at the Amex in 2011.

Edit - I've checked and my rudimentary maths has Cole being 32 days older than Phillips was when he scored at the Amex. I can't think of anyone older who would have scored.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bruno hasn't scored at the Amex since April 2016 when he was a mere 35 years old.

Kevin Phillips would have been around 38 when he scored twice for Blackpool at the Amex in 2011.

Just as well Burnley didn't call on 98 year old robo-dancer Peter Crouch last saturday then. That would have been an embarrassing goal to concede :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously too old now but perhaps 3 years ago we should have signed him. At least he has done something our left back hasnt done for years................................................scored a goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:yawn:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Obviously too old now but perhaps 3 years ago we should have signed him. At least he has done something our left back hasnt done for years................................................scored a goal.

Yes i am sure 3 years ago he'd have wanted to swap Rome or LA for Brighton and the Championship, not that his wages would have been anywhere near what we could afford. The only reason he's turning out for FLD is cause he's mates with the manager.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Edit - I've checked and my rudimentary maths has Cole being 32 days older than Phillips was when he scored at the Amex. I can't think of anyone older who would have scored.

Who would be the youngest then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes i am sure 3 years ago he'd have wanted to swap Rome or LA for Brighton and the Championship, not that his wages would have been anywhere near what we could afford. The only reason he's turning out for FLD is cause he's mates with the manager.

Approx 3 years ago he was playing in the USA for what was said to be a much lower wage than he had been on and not much different to what we paid

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Approx 3 years ago he was playing in the USA for what was said to be a much lower wage than he had been on and not much different to what we paid

His basic maybe, but like it or not playing for LA Galaxy in the MLS would have been a lot higher profile than playing for us in the Championship, his potential earnings through sponsorship and other endorsements would have been sky high the states compared to here.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s ok having a bit of experience but Derby have more than their fair share of under performing oldies if today’s performances of the likes of Nugent and Huddlestone are anything to go by.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It’s ok having a bit of experience but Derby have more than their fair share of under performing oldies if today’s performances of the likes of Nugent and Huddlestone are anything to go by.

I thought Huddlestone did ok but must say they looked a different team when Marriott came on. Nugent was poor,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here