Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That elbow in the back of Murrays head was a red all day long. Way before the ball got there and was making no effort to jump. Deliberate elbow to the head but seen by the ref who decided not even a yellow.

The lack of consistency is shocking.
Presumably it will be a 3 match suspension like for Andone.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A Lewis Dunk slip is all that has made the difference.
Not much quality but we have created more chances, Heaton keeps them in it and a clearance of the line and we should have had a penalty.
All the negativity is shameful.
Burnley are very strong and direct, if we attack at pace they cannot handle it, except for Heaton.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I only got in after the goal, but we seem to have been all over them. March scaring them.

But, Andone gets a 3 game suspension for an elbow that only just connected. That elbow by Tarkowski was far worse - elbows in the back of the neck that you can't see coming can be pretty dangerous. But, won't get done as ref saw it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very flat all round. Burnley look like they want it more. Fight Brighton.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
It’s been a while since a similar standing side has outplayed us at home I’m quite concerned about this game unless we can get hold of the game in midfield. We’ve been unlucky not to score and we need that to end quite quickly in the 2nd half

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
we cant keep saying at least we are hitting the target its just they have great keepers ...... but what else to say ... they wanted it more from the start , they were first to every second ball & they have been biting at out ankles with tackles ... it is not pretty but they are Burnley so what else would we expect.

We need to up our game thats for sure and be quicker about getting the ball from back to front , we are pedestrian with little idea of what to do other than a hoof forward ... the midfield is M.I.A. for most the first half ... but the positives are Gross and March are putting in a good shift .... not a lot else to be positive about as they pack 10 players into their penalty box making scoring an improbability ...

Oh and we should have had a penalty but thats our first half performance summed up .... should have but didnt

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We'll be balls deep in a relegation battle in a few weeks if we keep playing like this
In a few weeks? 3 points outside the bottom 3 suggests we are already balls deep. Factor in our manager-we're in trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s been a while since a similar standing side has outplayed us at home I’m quite concerned about this game unless we can get hold of the game in midfield. We’ve been unlucky not to score and we need that to end quite quickly in the 2nd half

The big worry for me is the transition from defence to midfield; it's simply non-existent. Pass along the back for about a minute then hoof. Yes we've created chances, and shouldnt be behind, but the lack of options and movement when the back four have the ball is painful to watch

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Crowd need to get behind the team in the second half. Battered them for the last 20 minutes and a good start in the second half and Burnley could start rocking.

This BT coverage is shockingly bias. Actually have a Burnley fan as a pundit?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here