Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Wow. I suggest you do some sense checking before posting propoaganda.

Cleveland bridge investment is by our own government through UKEF - literally public money.

The Texas jobs are a rescue plan with 15 million from local council

The derby aerospace campus is funded by derby council.

Dairy crest was announced on May last year.

The 100million from Holland is over many years. Announced last year.

If these are the best examples of manufacturing investment this week then we are doomed. I look forward to next week’s instalment if the government spend 50 million on new Schools.

And these are bad things are they?
I’m backing Britain.
49 days to go.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not really no Trig. Not legally possible.

Article 50 makes reference to how a country can rejoin.

"5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49."

Article 49
Any European State which respects the values referred to in Article 2 and is committed to promoting them may apply to become a member of the Union. The European Parliament and national Parliaments shall be notified of this application. The applicant State shall address its application to the Council, which shall act unanimously after consulting the Commission and after receiving the consent of the European Parliament, which shall act by a majority of its component members. The conditions of eligibility agreed upon by the European Council shall be taken into account.
The conditions of admission and the adjustments to the Treaties on which the Union is founded, which such admission entails, shall be the subject of an agreement between the Member States and the applicant State. This agreement shall be submitted for ratification by all the contracting States in accordance with their respective constitutional requirements.

After we have left its a rejoin process as a new member, our application to join must be approved just like other countries, then the terms of joining negotiated in an Accession treaty. The old vetos are gone and since 1993 the accession protocols include taking on the aims of monetary union.....it would be nigh on impossible for an economy such as ours giving excuses as to why we were not ready to be in the EURO.......even plenty of remainers are against that.
Would the EU even approve an application to join at this time? Im sure there might be objections who will say....oh god,there is a special place in hell for you Brits.....just piss off and leave us alone.

:laugh: Changing your Meg options yet again, a few months ago you insisted there were only two options not three, try and keep track of yourself.

1.Softest of soft Brexits
Cant see the whole kit and caboodle being rewritten at this late stage to try all over again to come up with the softest of soft instead. Even King of the soft brexit Ken Clarke looked resigned a few weeks ago when his pleas for a soft brexit instead of the withdrawal deal fell on deaf ears.
2. Another vote (either GE or referendum)
GE DEAD, 2nd referendum DEAD
3. No deal
Looks like, out of the only 3 options you say are available, no deal is your last option left

How come your crstal ball didnt see that one coming?

Joining the Euro is a treaty requirement of all members except the UK and Denmark, however there are ways of avoiding it. To adopt the Euro, you have to spend two years on the ERM, and joining the ERM is voluntary. Even if you join the ERM, if you break the rules a bit here and there, the clock is reset and you have to do another two years without breaking the limits.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you want to know anything about being dim, just ask Baker Lite or 2 Profs, both are as dim as a Toc H lamp.

Sticks and stones.Perhaps you will get over being a sore loser one day,but you will still be an utter chopper.:)

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Not at all Fergie - Your fellow, like minded, leave voting advocate Nigel Farage did it back in 2016 when 'subtly' highlighting it to play on the subliminal concerns some people have in regards to Islam and why we should leave The EU to stop 'more dark skinned Muslim immigrants' coming here as a result.

View attachment 104466

I fully accept to a wealthy, Waitrose at Burgess Hill shopping, leave voter such as yourself and other home county residing leave voters like you, such as people from Surrey, this perhaps wasn't aimed directly at you specifically.

Now this is more predictable, vote leave = Farage2 + immigrant x Value(a) x shade3 Value(b) + TomRob4 + 350,000,000 + thick/factor value (c) = racist

You however in your last post made your own Faragesque appeal.......better a light skinned Romanian than a Black Muslim......a good job Remain didn’t put that on a bus!

Tut tut.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
And these are bad things are they?
I’m backing Britain.
49 days to go.

On our way.

Government stepping in to save the manufacturing industry is great news for those affected. If it was private sector organisations investing then this would be much better wouldn’t it?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Government stepping in to save the manufacturing industry is great news for those affected. If it was probe sector organisations investing then this would be much better wouldn’t it?

There is investment, don’t believe project fear lies, believing in Your country is nothing to be ashamed of,

We are on our way.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This bloke believes.

on our way.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am old enough to remember the Labour Party’s ideological opposition to the EEC, and that position (for me) has not changed, in fact it has got worse. The undeniable facts are that for swathes of this country the poor have been shat on by the U.K. political classes for years. This has happened while we were in the EU snd facilitated by the EU.

Note I hold the U.K. political class accountable first and foremost, they with their European brethren have formed an EU in their own image. The EU is their offspring, and it’s why it’s controlled by global capitalism, to serve the interests of global capitalists.

CAP is a wonderful example of how the rich get free money and the poor pay higher food prices, it’s like an agricultural form of austerity served up as being protectionism. What a jape.

You offer a false construct that remaining in the EU will protect us from right wing Toryism in the U.K. and yet it hasn’t done anything of the sort, if it was working the way you present it then the poor would have backed remain.

So, out means change if the electorate chose, remain is more of the same.

I think you might have missed when Labour won power and signed up to the Social chapter that the Tories had opted out of, that was the moment most leftwingers softened their views on the EU, because it was no longer just for business, it upheld workers rights citizens rights, environmental standards as well, it has evolved, you have not.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now this is more predictable, vote leave = Farage2 + immigrant x Value(a) x shade3 Value(b) + TomRob4 + 350,000,000 + thick/factor value (c) = racist

You however in your last post made your own Faragesque appeal.......better a light skinned Romanian than a Black Muslim......a good job Remain didn’t put that on a bus!

Tut tut.

Just pointing out we're going to have the post Brexit Singaporean dream you voted for and loads more immigrants, but from developing countries, most of which are Muslim. I'm not surprised it doesn't bother you Fergie - it's what you and Rees-Mogg, Paterson and Redwood all voted for.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Here's What US Lobbyists Want Donald Trump To Get From A Post-Brexit Trade Deal

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...6e4b00187b5579f64?ncid=tweetlnkukhpmg00000008

Some of those demands include...

- Scrap the safety-first approach to food quality and standards
- Weaken data protection for consumers
- Allow the sale of hormone-riddled beef
- Slash British cattle farming subsidies
- Allow new genetically-modified foods to be sold with minimal regulation
- Stop people knowing what they’re eating is genetically-modified food
- Get rid of Britain’s safety-first approach to chemicals
- Bin protections for traditional British products
- Change how the NHS buys drugs
- Ignore the presence hormones and pus in dairy products
- Ensure Brits’ data can be transferred to foreign countries
- Allow politicians, not courts, to handle legal disputes
- Allow foreign businesses to sue the British state
- Stop Britain holding big social media companies to account
- End rules that let British shoppers know what colourings are in their food
- Lift the UK ban on a growth hormone in pork
- More antibiotics in livestock
- Eliminate UK testing for a parasitic worm in pork
- Dump law against chlorine-bleached chicken
- Legalise dangerous pesticides
- Let fruit and veg be sold with pesticide residue on
- Allow more carcinogens in pistachios
- Loosen regulation on direct selling
- A big shift on the definition of standards
- Scrap the ‘Amazon Tax’
- More toxic substances in glass that will be near food
- Allow untested medical devices into the UK
- Change how the NHS prices US drugs
- Make the NHS pay as much as possible for new equipment
- Bin rules to stop electrical waste ending up in landfill

Imagine wanting to be "on your way" to all of that. I imagine as per usual none of the Brexiters are prepared to defend why any of these are a good thing and will instead bleat pitifully about "Project Fear".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some Brexiteers have this fantasy that if the UK holds firm, then the Irish government, thinking that it has a lot to lose, will give way on the backstop.

A Sky News poll has put the kybosh on that idea once and for all. In fact, nearly half the electorate wants the Irish government to take a harder line.

I know some people are sceptical about polls but the results of this one are so extreme, there can be little argument about the findings.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Some Brexiteers have this fantasy that if the UK holds firm, then the Irish government, thinking that it has a lot to lose, will give way on the backstop.

A Sky News poll has put the kybosh on that idea once and for all. In fact, nearly half the electorate wants the Irish government to take a harder line.

I know some people are sceptical about polls but the results of this one are so extreme, there can be little argument about the findings.

The Irish Government are busy winning support for the backstop outside of Europe too:

US Congress warns hard border could threaten US-UK trade deal

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0207/1028023-us_brexit_warning/

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/davidmcw/status/1093826049450958848

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The world has moved on, the global economy isn't waiting for the UK to make up its mind.... <a href="https://t.co/rvNBp8f7YM">https://t.co/rvNBp8f7YM</a></p>— David McWilliams (@davidmcw) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidmcw/status/1093826049450958848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here