Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Knockaert is and always will be a cracking player.

He played it mostly simple last night and almost everything worked.

Perhaps his ‘A’ game where he drifts past player after player (as demonstrated in his player of the Championship season where he was like Hazard) does not work in the Premier League?

He must be pushing for a start now come Saturday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Knockaert is and always will be a cracking player.

.......when he shows on a consistent level that he is prepared to adapt his game to the PL and not fall back on his ' overplaying ' which he was much more able to get away with in the Championship. When he keeps it simple, moves the ball quickly and concentrates on passing to feet instead of space, where he thinks someone might be, he looks the real deal. When he doesn't....cue....frustration, hissy fits and flouncing.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He played it mostly simple last night and almost everything worked.

Perhaps his ‘A’ game where he drifts past player after player (as demonstrated in his player of the Championship season where he was like Hazard) does not work in the Premier League?

He must be pushing for a start now come Saturday.

His ' A ' game is where he wants to play uninhibited and with freedom. Where he can run at people all day long, twisting and turning. It is a style, that by its very nature creates moments of brilliance and a fair few mistakes. The PL punishes mistakes much more. Knocky gave the ball away at the Etihad, in their half, and barely ten seconds later it was in the back of our net.
I'm sure the management have worked on him constantly to try and adapt him to a more simple game. City move the ball quickly and accurately. They pass through and around people. It is simple football, played swiftly and accurately, with good running off the ball. Thats what we all have to aspire to. Mastering the basics to a higher and higher level. And thats what Knocky has to concentrate on.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I dont understand why he doesnt play more in the league, he actually runs at players and causes them nightmares, if he loses the ball he runs his b@ollocks to try and get the ball back, he tracks back to defend and isnt scared to shoot, even if he misses he isnt scared to shoot and miss again.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I would add that his attitude was spot on last night. No tantrums, no selfish ball hogging, and instead 110% crisp team play. Delighted.

This. The no tantrums helped him. He looked calm and assured and his game seemed very different. Much more team play (although I do love his jinky solo runs at defences). It was Andone who looked the moaner last night.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Looked a lot better tonight, actually looked like he wanted to find a good pass rather than try and dribble through the whole team. Possibly due to the fact that Bruno was playing down the right hand side again, but nonetheless a barnstorming performance from the little magician. May have been FAR from his mercurial best since we've been promoted, but when he is on song he certainly is a tidy player to have

I think his performance owed a lot to the fact that Bruno was playing. They have a great understanding that said I think his own drive and workrate was absolutely brilliant as was his crosses.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really? I thought every corner except one was fantastic. Such incredible pace on the ball West Brom had a really hard time dealing with them
Yes, that's correct. One of the comments that the BBC actually got right last night was to pick up on the effectiveness of his corners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here