Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gavin Geddes

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Enlighten us, why exactly he is a tosser?

I know you didn’t quote me but when I knew him he was one of those “considerably richer than yow” types. The bit about him buying a car and paying off debts isn’t that surprising. I can’t imagine it was a low powered family hatchback. How he got the dough is pretty shocking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I know you didn’t quote me but when I knew him he was one of those “considerably richer than yow” types. The bit about him buying a car and paying off debts isn’t that surprising. I can’t imagine it was a low powered family hatchback. How he got the dough is pretty shocking though.

Did you read the comments at the bottom of the article?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Don't remember a Gavin Geddes playing for us at all - anybody enlighten me? He isn't on the Wiki list of all-t3ime Brighton players, so they don't remember him either.

Complete scumbag - I really hope he never did play for us.

15 appearances (9 starts, 6 sub), 2 goals in the 1993/94 season.

Scored against Reading in the FL Trophy and Wrexham in the league.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What charming people.

I know this is a PPF type thing to post but back when I first started going there were loads of LA that followed Brighton everywhere. You wouldn’t muck about with them but they really knew their football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Did you read the comments at the bottom of the article?

I read the article. He always struck me as too flash but not someone that would stoop as low as he did.

Edit - sorry I read the article and not the Argus comments as they don’t come up on my phone. I knew him In the 80s & 90s.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What about Steve Guile? Marco was good as was twister.

Didn’t Guile become a swinger and open up a titty bar in Brighton with his wife? Sure I saw him on come dine with me or something like that a few years ago

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
LA is the last Albion outpost before Portsmouth slowly begins to take hold.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I guessed Littlehampton/Wick area was always Albion. Simply going by some of the addresses of blokes convicted for Albion related violence over the years! Plus I was told that the Littlehampton to Brighton train journey was ‘lively’ on match days.

Travelling across from Bognor in the 70s always got interesting once the Littlehampton boys got on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didn’t Guile become a swinger and open up a titty bar in Brighton with his wife? Sure I saw him on come dine with me or something like that a few years ago

Couldn't possibly comment :laugh: except Woody did live the high life!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Travelling across from Bognor in the 70s always got interesting once the Littlehampton boys got on.

It’s quite split Wick and LA. Quite a few Pompey and big Chelsea, WHU, Arsenal, Leeds, Man U followers. Of course Albion in there as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here