Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 29th highest earning football club in the world per Deloitte Money League

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
One place above Benfica ( 80 odd domestic trophies/ 2 European Cups ).....70% of our history in the bottom two divisions......cue........reality check.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are Palace still above us when you include the money they're wasting padding out Christian Benteke's bank account?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It also doesn't take into account what that revenue MUST be spent on in order to stop the Glaziers whole empire crumbling into the dirt.

In their last set of annual accounts Manchester United

Owed £496 million to investment banks on which interest of £19 million was paid
Owed £270 million to other clubs for transfer fees
Had a bank balance of £242 million on which interest of £1 million was earned

Ed Woodward, the Manchester United CEO, is a former investment banker...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
So they pay roughly 9 times the rate of interest to borrow than the one they get to invest?

Sounds like a great deal to me. ???

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
How come Man City's match day income is so poor, I can't imagine its cheaper tickets so is it crap marketing

I was thinking the same. Also surprised with how high Bayerns is due to the amount we hear about how cheap it is over in Germany.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was thinking the same. Also surprised with how high Bayerns is due to the amount we hear about how cheap it is over in Germany.

Bayern make more money from the 5,000 corporate seats at each home match than from regular fans, so the suits effectively subsidise the shellsuits.

City also struggle when it comes to football tourists, due to being relatively recent to the elite table and so don't have the same global appeal as some other clubs in the top ten. Consequently they don't have millions of dins who will buy day tickets (at much higher prices) than STH, and who also spend a fortune in the club shop on tat. Liverpool, for example, only have 26,000 STH in a stadium that holds 54,000, West Ham sold 52,000 ST in a 57,000 capacity London stadium. Liverpool can sell 25,000 match tickets every fortnight to Irish, Norwegian, Chinese and American 'fans' who go once a season and have a higher yield in terms of merchandise and catering spend whereas West Ham struggle to attract a similar crowd, possibly since Ronnie and Reggie passing away and you can't leave your front door unlocked at night any more in the East End.

As the Sex Pistols once sang "for tourists are money"

Premier League 2017 Matchday per fan per match.png

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They mortgaged the whole club to the hilt, but they are still the legal owners of OT.

Ok. But presumably whoever they mortgaged it with have a first charge if they ever defaulted?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Bayern make more money from the 5,000 corporate seats at each home match than from regular fans, so the suits effectively subsidise the shellsuits.

City also struggle when it comes to football tourists, due to being relatively recent to the elite table and so don't have the same global appeal as some other clubs in the top ten. Consequently they don't have millions of dins who will buy day tickets (at much higher prices) than STH, and who also spend a fortune in the club shop on tat. Liverpool, for example, only have 26,000 STH in a stadium that holds 54,000, West Ham sold 52,000 ST in a 57,000 capacity London stadium. Liverpool can sell 25,000 match tickets every fortnight to Irish, Norwegian, Chinese and American 'fans' who go once a season and have a higher yield in terms of merchandise and catering spend whereas West Ham struggle to attract a similar crowd, possibly since Ronnie and Reggie passing away and you can't leave your front door unlocked at night any more in the East End.

As the Sex Pistols once sang "for tourists are money"

View attachment 104014

Amazing - thank you.

Makes a lot of sense when put like that. i was thinking of just tickets and food and forgetting club shop. All this despite the fact that when I went to old Trafford last season I ended up spending about £60 in the shop getting presents for family in Reading

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here