Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Post Brexit Fish

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, this. It'll probably still be the inexpensive British treat we all know and love.

Only now at £10 a portion

and why would price increase? because some arbitrary, punitive tariff far higher than currently applied?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There will be absolutely problem with fish stocks post Brexit. Once the greedy foreigners from the EU are banned from British waters we will be able to exploit the huge shoals of fish just like we used to.

Expect booming catches and a commensurate collapse in price in the Home Market as Cod and chips sells for 2 Shillings and Sixpence again!

Ooh ooh........ will it come wrapped in newspaper like it did in the old days. Will I get me crunchy bits back for a penny as well. And then one and ha’enny for scraps for the cat ........... gawd bless yer Veg.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So looking forward to it, a two Bob fish supper, kids with rickets, and being able to leave my front door unlocked all day.
Marvellous.

And don't forget, school holidays will,be extended to October so the kids can all go vegetable and fruit picking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes that's right, well done. My assumption being that any tariff on cod will be higher than no tariff whatsoever.

is this what intelligent people genuinely believe, that there would be extra tariffs applied? when a primary purpose of leaving is to reduce tariffs?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
An eel is long and thin and therefore when laid out it would fit onto a French stick sliced in half. But given we want nothing to do with Europe post Brexit the French stick is being renamed the British stick

Will we have to give all our German and French words back ?
Out with duvet and back in with the ‘continental quilt’
Out with ‘French letter’ and back in with good old Johnny.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So looking forward to it, a two Bob fish supper, kids with rickets, and being able to leave my front door unlocked all day.
Marvellous.

What about women scrubbing their doorsteps ? That’ll be blooming marvellous again to see now that that we can scrap all those Kraut regulations on health and safety concerning ‘pavement slipping’
Did you know there are 12,345 regulations on that alone drawn up by unelected beaurocrats on £350.000 a year.

Yoda

English & European
is this what intelligent people genuinely believe, that there would be extra tariffs applied? when a primary purpose of leaving is to reduce tariffs?

Yes, any imports from previous trade deals we have through the EU will go to WTO tariffs. We only have Trade agreements with about 7 or 8 Countries outside of what we have with the EU. Do your home work properly and you would be well informed on all the ins and outs of Brexit.

Not quite sue why the person you are quoting thinks Cod will be effected mind you, as it can be caught in British waters.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
There are plaice, flounders, bass, codling, whiting,black/ red bream, sole, dabs, mackerel, horse mackerel, garfish, eels, bullheads, weevers and
POXY BLOODY THREE BEARDED ROCKLING available off the Southwick Arm and Kingston Beach at various times of the year.
I catch mostly the latter in the winter. They are 3 inches long and look like bogies. I'd pay a tarriff for them all to **** off. :)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
What about women scrubbing their doorsteps ? That’ll be blooming marvellous again to see now that that we can scrap all those Kraut regulations on health and safety concerning ‘pavement slipping’
Did you know there are 12,345 regulations on that alone drawn up by unelected beaurocrats on £350.000 a year.

Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission and Donald Tusk, the president of the European Council, earn about €32,700 euros a month, approx €392,000 per annum - so you weren't far out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission and Donald Tusk, the president of the European Council, earn about €32,700 euros a month, approx €392,000 per annum - so you weren't far out.

Do they like fish ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
not by me, and it was a reference to the salary

Ah so you had a say in Theresa May being prime Minister did you. So it’s your fault.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Where I work has a couple of thousand employees but is nowhere near as important as the European Commission but the big boss earns a lot more than that. To get back on topic I like the common dab and hopefully it will become more readily available.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here