Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert 2018/19 Season!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I feel that AK's relatively poor start to last season was the result of [somewhat self imposed] expectations. After being so good in the promotion season I think he struggled with the idea that he wasn't the division's leading player now we were in the PL. He seemed to get overly frustrated at his own performances and became more desparate to score/outwit/run rings around defenders and his form suffered as a result. By the latter stages of the season he seemed more settled and less pressured and it was reflected in better (and more successful) performances.

Whether his off-pitch year was a factor or not I don't know, but on-pitch he just seemed to be trying too hard rather than letting his natural skill flow through.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well yeah, we're doing that anyway - lots of improvement across the squad - but I just wonder if the premier league does get intrinsically better every year

I doubt it, but by the same token last season hardly left much wiggle room to stand still.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Knocky had no pre-season last year and until Izzy started getting game time all the pressure was on Knocky and he was tightly policed. Izzy took a lot of the pressure off and defenders now had two quick, skillful wingers to contend with.

I love his effervescent attitude and the effort he gives. (not sure he will be getting too many free-kicks to take this season though!).

Ali J's arrival puts pressure on Knocky and Izzy and can only serve to pump them up (as Locadia and Leo's arrival last season took ten years OFF Murray and put a couple of yards ON!). Competition with quality in depth is just what we need to bring out the very best from everyone.

(And I've just put half a point on my mojo thinking about it. UP to 8.5 now):albion2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but can't see it being anything other than another ever-alternating season of brilliance and petulance. It's who AK is, bless him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I feel that AK's relatively poor start to last season was the result of [somewhat self imposed] expectations. After being so good in the promotion season I think he struggled with the idea that he wasn't the division's leading player now we were in the PL. He seemed to get overly frustrated at his own performances and became more desparate to score/outwit/run rings around defenders and his form suffered as a result. By the latter stages of the season he seemed more settled and less pressured and it was reflected in better (and more successful) performances.

Whether his off-pitch year was a factor or not I don't know, but on-pitch he just seemed to be trying too hard rather than letting his natural skill flow through.

Post 10 sums it up for me.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Point of Order - its "Knockers" rather than "Knocky", in my book anyway. I'm firmly in the "I love knockers" camp

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Point of Order - its "Knockers" rather than "Knocky", in my book anyway. I'm firmly in the "I love knockers" camp

Ah,Mr. Saunders with his double entendres!I don't think Knocky has any Knockers,so Knickers.
Good luck to my favourite Frenchman.He's looking very fit,tanned,and up for it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He's a player that can leave the best defenders in the league on their arse for fun , he's also a player that is easily wound up and loses the plot if things don't go his way ,ergo becomes pretty useless pretty quick , other teams have sussed him out temperament wise and do all they can to unsettle him asap , if he could get rid of his toys out the pram thing he would become even better than he is on a good day , iv'e heard people say well that's just how he is , that's not going to keep him his place i'm afraid , he must knock that shyte on the head and just play football , the platoon like overacting is frankly laughable and i reckon overplaying the fouls probably cost us two penalties last season as refs have had enough of the serial overactors on the pitch , i bloody love the bloke and want nothing but for him to play every week but that will only happen if he ditches the trash .

Vive La Knocky

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Still my favourite player by some way, always thrilled to see him in the side and playing.

Top Top player. We just need to get better as a side and get him further up the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here