Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No surprise and explains buying Clarke from Portsmouth as opposed to people saying 3 at the back . Play either Clarke or Burn and let White develop at Leeds.
Clarke more likely to be Balogun's replacement. Dunk would be replaced by someone as yet unsigned.

Zac

Jun 2, 2018
Unbelievably gutted. Yes he was inconsistent in the prem and yes he was hot-headed at times but he was our most exciting player by far. He's the player that makes you excited for the match when you see his name in the starting 11 and disappointed when he's not. Honestly so sad as well as the fact I think he could've had a serious impact this season.

That being said, from what I've heard he's probably doubling his wages and can go back to being a championship star + no player stays forever. Time to spend whatever cash we get from the loan + free'd up wages (as well as the rest of our budget) on livening up our attack and filling the holes in midfield + rightback

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New managers must have a say in the type of player they want. Inevitable that there'll be some existing players out the door when a new manager comes in. Looks like a good move for all concerned to me.

Thanks for the memories Knocky and good luck at Fulham.

So many armchair jobbies think they know better than the manager and all the other professionals at the club.

It's such a shame they have to be so full of bilge and can't just say:-

'Well that was fun while it lasted, good luck and stay safe AK'.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The only good thing about this, is Knockaert was paid too much (in comparison to the rest) so that issue has gone away

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Legend.

KNOCK1.gif

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sad to see him go, he was a wonderful player and character for us as well as being the catalyst to us moving from one of the better sides in the Championship to a favourite for promotion.

But, I am confident in the management of the club that this is the correct decision for us going forward. We needed to make some brutal decisions to move on as a club and this along with sacking Hughton is the correct call in my opinion otherwise we would have just carried on treading water or start falling backwards. I would also move on a couple of the other players from the promotion side now.

Good luck to AK, he will always be an Albion legend and I’m pleased he’s moved to a club I like.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sad to see Knocky go but if we want to move to the next level these decisions have to be made.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Bon chance Anthony.

We'll miss you at the Amex. Thanks for scoring the winner at Palace - still our last league win. Without that goal the run-in would have been even more nail-biting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here