Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Arriving in Kings Cross in around 10mins so should be quite quick to get to the ground (and no queues).

Got very very lucky yesterday bagging a ticket but waking up in York this morning has hampered my preparations!!

Haha, there's a story there somewhere! Enjoy the match!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Damn you Sky. Now they've let it be live on C4 as well, we've lost the advantage of Pasty going downstairs for a smoke and missing a wicket. Only got Sky in living room but can watch C4 downstairs :lolol:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I much prefer this channel 4 coverage to sky....better camera work and better commentators.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Are these reviews shown on the big screen at the ground? Sounds like the reviewer is reading each step of the process out over the PA for the crowd to hear too. All worked really well I thought.

As it seems we're stuck with the shambles that is VAR in football. Can't we do VAR this way? , keeping the crowd informed at every step of the way and with minimal delay?

I think cricket and tennis have got var spot on.

I'd like to see team captains in football get 3 challenges. Var shouldn't get involved if the players don't notice anything.
Would help the with arguing with ref if players appealed to their captain as well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think cricket and tennis have got var spot on.

I'd like to see team captains in football get 3 challenges. Var shouldn't get involved if the players don't notice anything.
Would help the with arguing with ref if players appealed to their captain as well.

I think as it evolves this will probably be the case.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Are these reviews shown on the big screen at the ground? Sounds like the reviewer is reading each step of the process out over the PA for the crowd to hear too. All worked really well I thought.

That would make for a fascinating insight into the ref's minds!: "ball comes in from behind the forward, hits the forearm, oh maybe it doesn't, oh - yes, maybe it did, don't know really, let's have a look from another angle, ooh - can't quite tell, maybe it did, maybe it didn't, hmm not sure, let's go with the big six team..."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ganguly is a dreadful commentator. Witters on about things have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is all a bit too easy for New Zealand right now. Clipping along at 6 an over without really having to take any risks.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Slight concern creeping in. Could do with breaking these 2 up quite soon. #CaptainObvious

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here