Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Corbyn backing the other side..........again

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
You are obviously wasted on here, please tell the opposition MP's how they can change the elected government's policies while not in government themselves... oh, and maybe you can tell us all on here too while you are at it ?

Blimey, you're easily pleased if you think they're doing as well as they can. It's not my job to tell them how to be an effective opposition, but here goes.

Get off the Brexit fence, you're infuriating both sides in equal measure. You could have whipped your MP's into voting for one of the indicative votes such as Norway+ and we could all have been getting on with our lives with a bit of certainty. Stop pretending you haven't got a problem with anti-semitism in your party, and stop the drive towards deselecting Mp's who don't happen to slavishly agree with Momentum on every issue. This naval-gazing does the whole country a disservice, both a distraction from the job in hand. Ask yourself why several of your MP's have resigned the whip. Further, ask yourself why many people who are open to voting Labour, and have indeed voted Labour in the past, are not inclined to under the current leadership.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So Government Ministers broke the law in 2016 to sign off arms sales to an oppressive regime, to bomb civilians in a foreign country that was in part in the Empire. The decision to grant licenses for arms deals to SA, was made by International Trade Secretary Liam Fox, with advice from the Foreign Office. The present Foreign Secretary is Jeremy Hunt, and his predecessor was Boris Johnson.

Phillip May, Theresa Mays husband is a relationship manager with Capital Group, the largest shareholder in BAE Systems and a sizeable shareholder in Lockheed Martin. These two companies are the largest suppliers of weapons to SA armed forces and used to commit war crimes in Yemen.

I , for one think that questions need to be asked about this matter, if it not corrupt, it certainly looks like it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So the leader of HM opposition in these apparent horrific times facing our country and surely with an eye on getting the top job himself one day uses all his questions at PMQ’s to talk about Saudi Arabia, arms sales and the Yemen, quite literally Christ/Allah on a bike.

He was asking about the High Court judgement that has ruled British arms sales, signed off by Government Ministers, to Saudi Arabia illegal, a subtle difference, but a difference none the less.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So Government Ministers broke the law in 2016 to sign off arms sales to an oppressive regime, to bomb civilians in a foreign country that was in part in the Empire. The decision to grant licenses for arms deals to SA, was made by International Trade Secretary Liam Fox, with advice from the Foreign Office. The present Foreign Secretary is Jeremy Hunt, and his predecessor was Boris Johnson.

Phillip May, Theresa Mays husband is a relationship manager with Capital Group, the largest shareholder in BAE Systems and a sizeable shareholder in Lockheed Martin. These two companies are the largest suppliers of weapons to SA armed forces and used to commit war crimes in Yemen.

I , for one think that questions need to be asked about this matter, if it not corrupt, it certainly looks like it.

Yes but you’re an intelligent ****er with a big IQ, the rest of us mere mortals who probably couldn’t find Yemen on a map tend to be more interested in the current state of the country and rather hoping the 4 questions Stepto gets each week are a little more relevant to what affects us I would say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It absolutely stinks. They have certainly learned well from the first Iraq war, where the yanks did much the same. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
its good to have such international issues brought up in PMQ, is it a burning issue of the week for the people of the UK, looking for the leader of the opposition to call the government to account?

With Brexit burning an issue through our trousers, the whole blooming world is passing us by.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes but you’re an intelligent ****er with a big IQ, the rest of us mere mortals who probably couldn’t find Yemen on a map tend to be more interested in the current state of the country and rather hoping the 4 questions Stepto gets each week are a little more relevant to what affects us I would say.
l

The only interest in what Corbyn says, you have, is if you can use it to beat him with it.
You don’t consider a high court judgment against the current Government, and in particular, the last 2 Foreign Secretaries to be relevant to the country then? Especially when those 2 Ministers just happen to be the last two candidates to be our next Prime Minister?
And that’s without the involvement of the present Prime Ministers husband.

But, well done you, deflecting attention from this rather dubious state of affairs, by insinuating that Corbyn is remiss in his opposition duties, Boris would be proud of you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Blimey, you're easily pleased if you think they're doing as well as they can. It's not my job to tell them how to be an effective opposition, but here goes.

Get off the Brexit fence, you're infuriating both sides in equal measure. You could have whipped your MP's into voting for one of the indicative votes such as Norway+ and we could all have been getting on with our lives with a bit of certainty. Stop pretending you haven't got a problem with anti-semitism in your party, and stop the drive towards deselecting Mp's who don't happen to slavishly agree with Momentum on every issue. This naval-gazing does the whole country a disservice, both a distraction from the job in hand. Ask yourself why several of your MP's have resigned the whip. Further, ask yourself why many people who are open to voting Labour, and have indeed voted Labour in the past, are not inclined to under the current leadership.

Top ranting ! lets try to take things one at a time shall we ?

I'm not on a "Brexit Fence " I am firmly Remain.

"I could have whipped my MP's ?" sorry, I'm neither a dominatrix or a Labour Party Member

" Stop pretending you haven't got a problem with anti-semitism in your party " Sorry, not my party ( see above ) also I don't know any Labour Party members or Jewish people or Jewish Labour Party Members and, by extension, any Jewish Labour Party members who have suffered anti-Semitism. I just have to go on what they say is doing the rounds.

PS, lots of talk about Islamophobia in the Tory party at the moment, but, I won't blame you for that.

" Momentum " ? I am not a member of Momentum( see above, again ) and i don't know any members of Momentum, and how do I deselect a Labour MP using my membership of Momentum ( I'm not, as a reminder ) when my local MP is and has always been a Tory MP in my lifetime ?

Finally . " ask yourself why many people who are open to voting Labour, and have indeed voted Labour in the past, are not inclined to under the current leadership." Is that not always the way ? Tony Blair alienated many Labour voters at one time or another. I believe many Tories are saying they can't vote for their own party under Johnson or Hunt or ever again too ?

Once you have digested this please feel free to re-read my original post and come back with something constructive rather than a tirade of bile and Whataboutery

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

"I could have whipped my MP's ?" sorry, I'm neither a dominatrix or a Labour Party Member

" Stop pretending you haven't got a problem with anti-semitism in your party " Sorry, not my party ( see above ) also I don't know any Labour Party members or Jewish people or Jewish Labour Party Members and, by extension, any Jewish Labour Party members who have suffered anti-Semitism. I just have to go on what they say is doing the rounds.

PS, lots of talk about Islamophobia in the Tory party at the moment, but, I won't blame you for that.

" Momentum " ? I am not a member of Momentum( see above, again ) and i don't know any members of Momentum, and how do I deselect a Labour MP using my membership of Momentum ( I'm not, as a reminder ) when my local MP is and has always been a Tory MP in my lifetime ?

Finally . " ask yourself why many people who are open to voting Labour, and have indeed voted Labour in the past, are not inclined to under the current leadership." Is that not always the way ? Tony Blair alienated many Labour voters at one time or another. I believe many Tories are saying they can't vote for their own party under Johnson or Hunt or ever again too ?

Once you have digested this please feel free to re-read my original post and come back with something constructive rather than a tirade of bile and Whataboutery

Top quality reply to a top quality rant. Now, if you and [MENTION=27870]crookie[/MENTION] were party leaders........:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Top quality reply to a top quality rant. Now, if you and [MENTION=27870]crookie[/MENTION] were party leaders........:lolol:

Thanks HWT, would you be ringside for that with the Pringles ? :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He was asking about the High Court judgement that has ruled British arms sales, signed off by Government Ministers, to Saudi Arabia illegal, a subtle difference, but a difference none the less.

You have to get the ground rules right LLF, It's ok to sell arms to a regime that executes, murders and dismembers journalists on foreign soil, flogs, and bombs citizens in a neighbouring country but heaven forbid if you wear the wrong coat to a Remembrance ceremony !

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Apologies for the delay in replying, pub poker night Wednesday's. You asked what the opposition should do, that's how I phrased my reply/rant. But of course you knew that. Should know better than to get involved on political threads on here, but frustrated with an ineffectual opposition to a woeful Government. As you were, I'm out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not Pringles but peanuts - I'm lactose intolerant. :bigwave:[emoji38]ol:
Shows how ****ed up the country is when you end up with milk derivatives in what is meant to be a Potato Crisp! ..... Just looked online to see that Pringles contain a staggering 42% Potato!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shows how ****ed up the country is when you end up with milk derivatives in what is meant to be a Potato Crisp! ..... Just looked online to see that Pringles contain a staggering 42% Potato!

42% Potato? Crikey, that's.....100% pretty pink fairy! I'm DOOMED!!!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Indeed - I have been following Venezuela quite closely on alternatative media and the picture painted is very different from that you would see from the almost universely right wing press in the America and the UK. The USA want to bring down the Madura government which was democratically elected, and has imposed heavy sanctions upon it,causing great ecomomic difficulties, mainly because they want to gain access to the oil, and the Venezuelans have the timerity to defy american hegemony - and Trump has admitted to this quite openly. The regime in Venezuea is not hard line left wing, and is somewhat to the right of the systems in scandanavian countries such as Norway (which is a good comparitor as it, too, is an oil economy). The state securtiy apparatus is somewhat draconian, but probably less so than many other countries in South America which the USA does not object to. This in itself is not a trait of being left wing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-48873500

Venezuela's rulers accused by UN of death squads and policy of fear

The UN has accused Venezuela of a strategy of instilling fear in its population to retain power, removing opponents with a "shocking" number of alleged extrajudicial killings.

Victims are arrested and shot, with crime scenes manipulated to suggest they resisted police, a report says.

The UN urges Venezuela to end the "grave violations of economic, social, civil, political and cultural rights".

The report is scheduled to be presented to the UN Human Rights Council on Friday.

It is based on "558 interviews with victims and witnesses of human rights violations and the deteriorating economic situation" from January 2018 to May 2019.

Its most damning findings relate to the number of deaths the Venezuelan government has ascribed to resisting arrest.

That figure for last year was 5,287, with another 1,569 up to 19 May this year.

Referring to these figures as "unusually" and "shockingly" high, the report says: "Information analysed by Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights suggests many of these killings may constitute extrajudicial executions."

The UN says witnesses reported how the Special Action Forces (FAES) "manipulated the crime scene and evidence. They would plant arms and drugs and fire their weapons against the walls or in the air to suggest a confrontation and to show the victim had 'resisted authority'".

It adds that the UN "is concerned the authorities may be using FAES and other security forces as an instrument to instil fear in the population and to maintain social control".

The BBC's Imogen Foulkes in Geneva says the report paints a dark picture of Venezuela, in which unmarked black vans arrive in poor neighbourhoods, masked officers get out, round up young men and shoot them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here