Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The green kit (a plea to the club)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great. They'll look a Kraftwerk tribute act

And here are the FA cup final (because we will win it) suits:

kraftwerk.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The club could start by confirming what we already know . Its been retired. It hasn't been seen away from home since the Cardiff defeat back in November.
7 games since then in league / cup (West Ham, Burnley , Huddersfield, Fulham, Bournemouth, Man United, West Brom) - a mix of home kit and "third" yellow kit have been used.

Has anyone asked Barber ?

I have a hunch that the players have said they don't like it. It gets incredibly sweaty and sticks, something you rarely see anymore with football kits that have moisture-wicking technology.

see below the sweat patches:

1035061522.jpg

Agreed. Hughton and/or the players have banned it as they can’t see each other but the club haven’t admitted it for marketing reasons.

Have said before that this doesn't make any sense, many clubs play in green and you are picking players out against the crowd, not the pitch.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Totally agree. Whoever chose that kit should be given a severe dressing down. Dreadful.

I've seen the odd person wear it and they just look like a goalkeeper. There is nothing jazzy or fashionable about it. Just grim And clearly the players feel exactly the same which is why it hasn't been seen since October.

If I wore it I wouldn’t look like Maty Ryan. I’m taller and more rakishly handsome.

Oh...and fatter.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Totally agree. Whoever chose that kit should be given a severe dressing down. Dreadful.

I've seen the odd person wear it and they just look like a goalkeeper.
Oh, I thought it showed we were gaining support from leprechauns..............................

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I emailed Paul Barber and have shared it below.

- Green shirt isn't retired. Its still "our alternative strip" but at the moment the yellow strip is "getting a run"
- Green shirt will be third shirt in 19/20.

"The green shirt is still our alternative strip and it will be next season’s third shirt too.

The green shirt remains popular with many fans, continues to sell well, and from launch has outsold last season’s alternative strip (yellow) by almost 3:1 in adult sizes and 1.5:1 in children’s sizes.

There are a variety of factors when choosing which shirt to wear when we play away -
sometimes it might just be the manager’s or players’ preference at a given time - and at the moment the yellow kit is getting a run.

Kit design and choice of colours always provokes great debate amongst fans and there will be lovers and haters of every kit we ever produce! "

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I like it. It is my sons favourite kit in years

Everyone is different.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like the red kit a couple of years ago and the players have retired it for being unlucky

Because that yellow kit has been so lucky, hasn't it? I would have thought the Fulham collapse would have been the last straw.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Watching the Watford game last week just made me realise that I hate green kits. So I’d be all for banning any green kits going forward.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"The green shirt is still our alternative strip and it will be next season’s third shirt too.

Booooooo. The new away kit had better be a cracker.

from launch has outsold last season’s alternative strip (yellow) by almost 3:1 in adult sizes and 1.5:1 in children’s sizes.

Yeah, the yellow one wasn't that popular either! I bet neither has sold anywhere near as many as the Volt kit.

There are a variety of factors when choosing which shirt to wear when we play away - sometimes it might just be the manager’s or players’ preference at a given time - and at the moment the yellow kit is getting a run.

Okaaaaay...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given you're more likely to spot a dodo than see our green kit being worn at away games this season, I look forward to seeing it a lot more next season, based on how often this season's third kit has been worn.

That will happen, right?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Given you're more likely to spot a dodo than see our green kit being worn at away games this season, I look forward to seeing it a lot more next season, based on how often this season's third kit has been worn.

That will happen, right?

It depends on how colossally shit our 2nd kit is next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

" - ...from launch has outsold last season’s alternative strip (yellow) by almost 3:1 in adult sizes and 1.5:1 in children’s sizes.

"

So from its launch date, it has sold more than the yellow kit has since that same date ?

Probably because people had already bought the yellow one.

I like Deputy Barber, but come on...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
So from its launch date, it has sold more than the yellow kit has since that same date ?

Probably because people had already bought the yellow one.

I like Deputy Barber, but come on...

Why is it suspicious if PB says that the club have sold more of this shirt than the other one ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is it suspicious if PB says that the club have sold more of this shirt than the other one ?
Is he trying to say that it is a better selling shirt in total - ie a more popular shirt - or that it has sold more than the yellow has after a certain date ( when loads of people already have the yellow ) ?

There is a subtle difference.

- Green shirt isn't retired. Its still "our alternative strip" but at the moment the yellow strip is "getting a run"
- Green shirt will be third shirt in 19/20.

The green shirt remains popular with many fans, continues to sell well, and from launch has outsold last season’s alternative strip (yellow) by almost 3:1 in adult sizes and 1.5:1 in children’s sizes.

There are a variety of factors when choosing which shirt to wear when we play away -
sometimes it might just be the manager’s or players’ preference at a given time - and at the moment the yellow kit is getting a run.

Kit design and choice of colours always provokes great debate amongst fans and there will be lovers and haters of every kit we ever produce! "

That's a very short email from PB. I think his email account may have been hacked.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Is he trying to say that it is a better selling shirt in total - ie a more popular shirt - or that it has sold more than the yellow has after a certain date ( when loads of people already have the yellow ) ?

There is a subtle difference.

Ha ! not sure i care that much :)
I think - more popular - otherwise. whats his point ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here