Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Surely we could start the "Emergency" Loan period 93 days before the possible play-off semi final 2nd leg date - as we all know, Bobby gets the winners in Play Off finals.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Persuasive. But his goalscoring record over his career is "bang average". Two of those goals last season were against us. 6 in 17 doesn't sound quite so good, does it?

Is that a serious post? I ask, because if you take out the other 5 games he scored in his record is then becomes 0 in 12. There is twisting statistics to suit your arguments but what you can't do is exclude them when they don't suit or is your real name Jeremy Hunt?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Waste of time and effort, I hope to dear god we are not serious as I fear we will be shit on from a great height by Bournmouth turning us down, just because they can. after we have missed out on a striker in the transfer window. Shows a complete lack of imagination and desire.

Very underwhelmed to say the least.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Though we do have a decent relationship with Bournemouth. Giving them Cook and Elphic helped them get to the Prem.

I think we are owed a favour.

No we threw them away and Bournmouth took a gamble on them that payed off, maybe we should have stuck by them but that is another kettle of fish. They owe us nothing and probably don't still forgive us for rioting live on tv back in the 90s

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Waste of time and effort, I hope to dear god we are not serious as I fear we will be shit on from a great height by Bournmouth turning us down, just because they can. after we have missed out on a striker in the transfer window. Shows a complete lack of imagination and desire.

Seems they're not waiting until the end of the transfer window.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...boss_Eddie_Howe__Glenn_Murray_is_staying_put/

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Still really hoping this deal can be done.

Palace had a brilliant chant for him to the tune of "Let It Be" which we could sing.

"Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray
Scoring goals for Palace (NB we'd change that bit to "Brighton")
Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray"

Even though it was tiny bit galling to hear them singing about him as they celebrated knocking us out of the play offs at The Amex (and that thanks to him they have had the chance to establish themselves in the PL with the massive Sky money when they were on the verge of missing the boat semi-permanently) it would still be great to see him back now that he's not good enough for them anymore.

"30 goals, thanks a lot" was also a clever chant from Palace at The Amex that I had to admire. When he starts scoring for us we could sing that on a sort of count up from "1 goal, thanks a lot".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't think there's a lack of imagination and desire, more a lack of reality.

I just don't see how the club can expect to bring in quality strikers on a 'budget'.
Getting 'lucky' once with Leo may well be costing the team, in the long run.

It's like wanting to buy a new car, but complaining the Ferrari garage is too expensive.

Either buy a car from a garage you can afford, or save up to buy a Ferrari.
But stop repeatedly going to the Ferrari garage with Skoda money.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Still really hoping this deal can be done.

Palace had a brilliant chant for him to the tune of "Let It Be" which we could sing.

"Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray
Scoring goals for Palace (NB we'd change that bit to "Brighton")
Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray"

Even though it was tiny bit galling to hear them singing about him as they celebrated knocking us out of the play offs at The Amex (and that thanks to him they have had the chance to establish themselves in the PL with the massive Sky money when they were on the verge of missing the boat semi-permanently) it would still be great to see him back now that he's not good enough for them anymore.

"30 goals, thanks a lot" was also a clever chant from Palace at The Amex that I had to admire. When he starts scoring for us we could sing that on a sort of count up from "1 goal, thanks a lot".

We don't want to recycle any Palace songs....

I think we'll stick to the old "Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray" or something completely different to anything Palace have sung.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Is that a serious post? I ask, because if you take out the other 5 games he scored in his record is then becomes 0 in 12. There is twisting statistics to suit your arguments but what you can't do is exclude them when they don't suit or is your real name Jeremy Hunt?

Some pretty shocking players scored against us last season. I felt it was skewing his record for Reading.
But I'm hardly objective.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We don't want to recycle any Palace songs....

I think we'll stick to the old "Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray" or something completely different to anything Palace have sung.

Well, apart from the 'scoring goals for Palarse', that's absolutely identical to the Palarse song to be fair!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't say that he would have got us promoted.

I got this information on the off chance when I watched a Brighton game, during our first Champ season, at the Blue Lagoon and was chatting to someone I met down there. He brought up Murray and said his sister was a good friend and neighbour of Glenn's. The chap I met was quietly spoken, we watched the game together and chatted through it. He wasn’t going around the pub pissed and giving it the large one. I didn’t detect any bullshit and the story was plausible.

His words were; Bloom asked Poyet if he was worth and should pay the £9k and Poyet said no let him go.

I am not ITK, I wasn’t digging for info and I just heard this by chance. Give or take a £500 in my comment that was the financial breakdown of the scenario I was told.

Of course the only people who could validate this and be believed 100%, is Bloom, Poyet and Murray but we will never have this luxury.

My info worked for the club at the time.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I didn't say that he would have got us promoted.

I got this information on the off chance when I watched a Brighton game, during our first Champ season, at the Blue Lagoon and was chatting to someone I met down there. He brought up Murray and said his sister was a good friend and neighbour of Glenn's. The chap I met was quietly spoken, we watched the game together and chatted through it. He wasn’t going around the pub pissed and giving it the large one. I didn’t detect any bullshit and the story was plausible.

His words were; Bloom asked Poyet if he was worth and should pay the £9k and Poyet said no let him go.

I am not ITK, I wasn’t digging for info and I just heard this by chance. Give or take a £500 in my comment that was the financial breakdown of the scenario I was told.

Of course the only people who could validate this and be believed 100%, is Bloom, Poyet and Murray but we will never have this luxury.

I heard the same, the source we heard it from was very reliable - not quite the three you mention but the next best thing. The chap I know who was speaking to him has known him for many years. This was before he signed for Palace as well. [MENTION=4336]smiler[/MENTION] will back me up on this

I wouldn't believe a word that snake Poyet says.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have a gut feeling this story about signing him at the end of Feb is a red herring to protect the identity of the real target

In all probability, he'll be the number one target next Tuesday, but hopefully we currently have half a dozen more targets we're trying to secure one of before then.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have a gut feeling this story about signing him at the end of Feb is a red herring to protect the identity of the real target

I agree with you.

I suppose that you post often enough that the law of averages says it'll happen every now and then.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if the very nice sell on clause we have with Bournemouth for Cook will come into any negotiations for Murray?

I still can't imagine Murray coming back to us, but would happy to be proved wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here