Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come off it you know we can't go down if you do the maths....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Banter

f0a549867820cab45686e2dba834d749.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, it's true Hughton doesn't realise Brighton do actually have good finishers and brought in strikers who are good enough but aren't getting enough service from the team. There was a point in the season where we couldn't stop scoring for a few games.

BUT..... looking at the fixtures there is almost no chance Cardiff will get any points from two of the games (Liverpool and Man U). Then to have any chance they have to WIN BOTH of their other two games to get to 37 points and give them a chance.

I say Cardiff need 37 points because in FIVE GAMES Brighton must at least get 3 points (any win will do or even three draws). In fact, Brighton might even win against Wolves on Saturday and that means it is as good as all over for Cardiff.

Yada yada. This is more or less the same group of players who blew a SEVEN point lead over Newcastle with three games remaining to clinch the Championship title because they were far more interested in going out on the piss. Seems nothing much has changed in that respect.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Let's be a bit more serious here. We should expect Cardiff to get 6 points. So draw at Wolves and beat Newcastle. My belief is that we could both be on 34 points going in to the last game which would be nail biting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, it's true Hughton doesn't realise Brighton do actually have good finishers and brought in strikers who are good enough but aren't getting enough service from the team. There was a point in the season where we couldn't stop scoring for a few games.

BUT..... looking at the fixtures there is almost no chance Cardiff will get any points from two of the games (Liverpool and Man U). Then to have any chance they have to WIN BOTH of their other two games to get to 37 points and give them a chance.

I say Cardiff need 37 points because in FIVE GAMES Brighton must at least get 3 points (any win will do or even three draws). In fact, Brighton might even win against Wolves on Saturday and that means it is as good as all over for Cardiff.

You are absolutely right.

But if I were a betting man I would go large (is that what you betters say? ???) on us not getting another point this season.

As I am not a betting man I have gone 1-0 Brighton this Saturday (in a fantasy league).

Come on football, give us a goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yada yada. This is more or less the same group of players who blew a SEVEN point lead over Newcastle with three games remaining to clinch the Championship title because they were far more interested in going out on the piss. Seems nothing much has changed in that respect.

Yes indeed. That pesky Bissouma, the hopeless Ali J, rubbish Andone, barmy Bernado, munter Montoya . . . taking their eye off the ball is their shortcoming, for sure, year after year after year at the club. I'm surprised we tolerate it.

(Are there end of season awards for sarcasm? It would be ironic if there were....???)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought we would pick up at least 2 points from our last two games , that didn't go well , i'm honestly not expecting anymore points except a scrappy win v Newcastle , it's going to be a squeaky ride .

Newcastle are pretty good football team, with a pacey attack.

We need them to have an off day, and Brighton to find the form of say the Everton game.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

We are the dictionary definition of “can’t see where the next point is coming from”. Cardiff will get 6-7 points I reckon, possibly not how we’d imagine (I think they’ll get something off Manure). I do not see us getting 5 points. We have Newcastle where we have a chance. We have 3 away games and we’re even more shi*te away than we are at home and we’re not getting anything off City.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

Just seen this, you are mental. What have you seen in the last month that makes you think we are capable of getting any points at all? At least it's not my money funding the club, TB is going to take a massive hit when we go down so I hope he had been deeper pockets that we thought!

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017
Just seen this, you are mental. What have you seen in the last month that makes you think we are capable of getting any points at all? At least it's not my money funding the club, TB is going to take a massive hit when we go down so I hope he had been deeper pockets that we thought!

Remember Cardiff might only get two draws against the two teams they have a chance with and then we don't need any more points - they basically need at least one win from those two so not so certain! I still see a win against Wolves as long as the defence improves.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Yep, just like we were going to beat Fulham, then we were going to beat Watford, then Burnley, then Southampton, then Bournemouth then Cardiff. What could go wrong?.........but I do hope you’re right!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/ 37 points might not be enough!?

We don't score from open play this season

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Sorry misread your post.

Last edited:

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017
https://www.euroclubindex.com/match-odds/

Looking at the odds for the two 'winnable' Cardiff games, the combined odds for winning both are not much more than 8% so it's unlikely Cardiff will even get to more than 35 points. Two boring draws should be enough for the Albion. Apparently the relegation odds are still about 83% chance for Cardiff to go down.

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017
Also looking at the odds for both games it's about 50% chance (0.725*0.68 ) that Cardiff won't do better than a DRAW for BOTH which means Brighton already have a good chance of being safe unless they start losing in cricket scores.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here