Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

Would you take a point now if offered it?

• Yes, we are shit so this is our best chance of staying up

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • No, Cardiff are as shit as us and a win pretty much guarantees safety

Votes: 180 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Using my head, I'd take a point.

Using my heart I'd go for all 3.

Of course, the downside of a point is further misery around the club.

Also, I think we're so shaky at the moment, I'm worried we couldn't even play for a point!

SAC

May 21, 2014
A point will be enough. It will make for a nervous last few matches but Cardiff wont get six more points this season. I suspect that if they get a point tomorrow, they will only get another 1 or 3 against Fulham and that's it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
a) I'm not accusing Hughton of being too negative,
b) I'd like to see us go all out for the win

but

c) I'd take a point now if you offered it, as I fear the consequences of a defeat.

The thread still continued after this? :rolleyes:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
If we cannot get at least a point tomorrow, we do not deserve to stay up.

(cue an outrageous ref decision that costs us at least a deserved point!)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If it were offered as a final score now, probably yes.

It will be interesting to see how we approach it, if we are 0-0 with 10 minutes left. Does Hughton have the guts to urge our players forward for the win?

To be honest if it's 0-0 with 10 minutes left, I doubt many f our fans would be wanting us toreally go for it and push for the win at all costs.
I would however like to have our paciest forwards on the field to make sure we can take advantage of Cardiff having to go for it

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

spear_PNG9.png

Yep, and shove it up their arses..:ohmy:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We've just been done by Burnley, Soton and Bmuff ( at Home FFS !!!! )

Hell yeah for a point is probably all we can hope for. A win of course would be a massive bonus but we look like being turned over ( and rogered ) every time we've played in 2019 ( Palace excluded).

Yes I'd take a draw as we have lost our way.

That said Saturday was so bad it's an iron law that we win tomorrow

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hoping for a point at home v Cardiff is not exactly how i had hoped the season would pan out but yes i actually think a draw tomorrow night kills Cardiff off completely , and with the lingering , hope we pick a couple of more points up from god knows where .

Cardiff have us , Liverpool H Fulham A Palace H Man Utd A , so unless they upset the apple cart big time they're only getting the 3 points from rollovers Palace and perhaps a draw at Fulham . We must simply not get beat tomorrow to stay in this league imo .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hoping for a point at home v Cardiff is not exactly how i had hoped the season would pan out but yes i actually think a draw tomorrow night kills Cardiff off completely , and with the lingering , hope we pick a couple of more points up from god knows where .

Cardiff have us , Liverpool H Fulham A Palace H Man Utd A , so unless they upset the apple cart big time they're only getting the 3 points from rollovers Palace and perhaps a draw at Fulham . We must simply not get beat tomorrow to stay in this league imo .

Looking at that, a Brighton win virtually sends them down.

Come on CH and the players, rise to the challenge, just this once :albion2:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
No. Partly because it doesn't end the nerves and partly because taking a point now would feel a bit like cheating the drama. I don't want to support a team where I know the result before the game even begins, what's the fun in that? *

* I have had a few pints and this may have made more sense in my head than typed here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here