Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In my opinion he is out classiest midfielder. The issue is that he is shackled by this formation. He has looked at his best on the rare occasions that he has been allowed to get forwards

He might well be 'our classiest midfielder' but at no point do you objectively think you're looking at a class player. And therein lies the problem.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Propper is a high quality midfielder - interceptions, passes, intelligent positioning. He's not an ankle nibbling, chase everything kind of player but he certainly does his share of tackling and blocking and is smart enough to win the ball without having to make risky tackles. He has a great touch as well. I would be thrilled if he was also scoring 8 -10 goals a season but even without goals he is consistently one of our best players match after match. As mentioned above, he is one of our players who would not look out of place in a top side.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Propper is a high quality midfielder - interceptions, passes, intelligent positioning. He's not an ankle nibbling, chase everything kind of player but he certainly does his share of tackling and blocking and is smart enough to win the ball without having to make risky tackles. He has a great touch as well. I would be thrilled if he was also scoring 8 -10 goals a season but even without goals he is consistently one of our best players match after match. As mentioned above, he is one of our players who would not look out of place in a top side.

Thanks Davy for that but in fact you're stealing a living from us at the moment

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Propper is shackled like all of our players.
We don’t know how good he is! How could we when he has been told to be disciplined with his position and put defending before everything else.

If he had another manager who told him to take risks going forward and make things happen, we could see a very good player in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The desperate, crippling ineptitude of Stephens just exhausted me tonight (amongst several others).

But piss up a stick, is Propper getting away with it or what ? The best I could say about him tonight was that he disappeared - because whenever he WAS on the cuffing ball, the next thing that would happen is that THEY were.

We see occasional little flashes from him every now and then. A neat turn, the odd ball with the outside of his boot. But I think this guy has been hyped WAY beyond his actual contribution in our midfield, and I'm sorry, but being "shackled" as he apparently is, doesn't absolve him from another shithouse, totally ineffective, largely anonymous, more often than not useless performance like tonight. We are piss easy to play against, piss easy to beat and I'm afraid he is looking very much like part of the problem in our engine room. He just doesn't do enough.

I await the backlash where a load of posters rave about his "positioning" and "silky skills". Well it all leads to the square root of fvck all dunnit. In terms of returns, what have we had ? One solitary pointless consolation goal at Leicester, and unless I'm missing something, zero assists. I'm not having it that everyone around Davy is crap and he's some midfield genius being let down by others. He's a six out of tenner at best most weeks, and I've had it with him.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The desperate, crippling ineptitude of Stephens just exhausted me tonight (amongst several others).

But piss up a stick, is Propper getting away with it or what ? The best I could say about him tonight was that he disappeared - because whenever he WAS on the cuffing ball, the next thing that would happen is that THEY were.

We see occasional little flashes from him every now and then. A neat turn, the odd ball with the outside of his boot. But I think this guy has been hyped WAY beyond his actual contribution in our midfield, and I'm sorry, but being "shackled" as he apparently is, doesn't absolve him from another shithouse, totally ineffective, largely anonymous, more often than not useless performance like tonight. We are piss easy to play against, piss easy to beat and I'm afraid he is looking very much like part of the problem in our engine room. He just doesn't do enough.

I await the backlash where a load of posters rave about his "positioning" and "silky skills". Well it all leads to the square root of fvck all dunnit. In terms of returns, what have we had ? One solitary pointless consolation goal at Leicester, and unless I'm missing something, zero assists. I'm not having it that everyone around Davy is crap and he's some midfield genius being let down by others. He's a six out of tenner at best most weeks, and I've had it with him.

I have always said that he flatters to deceive. He does the odd flick, the odd turn but the bottom line is he adds nothing. He can’t tackle, he can’t head a ball, he goes missing, he is scared to shoot and generally does enough to make himself look like he is interested. I am not a great fan of Stephens but it does amaze me that he gets all the stick and Propper gets very little for being equally shithouse!

Last edited:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I have always said that he flatters to deceive. He does the odd flick, the odd turn but the bottom line is he adds nothing. He can’t tackle, he can’t head a ball, he goes missing, he is scared to shoot and generally does enough to make himself look like he interested. I am not the a great fan of Stephens but it does amaze me that he gets all the stick and Propper gets very little for being equally shithouse!

On about 40 minutes tonight Propper had the chance to run at the heart of their defence, huge gap in front of him..... he couldn’t wait to pass the buck.... instead of driving at them and shooting or passing, or give and go, he did **** all, waited for an overlap, slowed down, chance gone. THAT was the moment for me. FRAUD.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

No backlash from me, Propper is nothing special, and often terrible (Bmuff and Cardiff).

And you didn’t even cover when we lose the ball. Every opposing CM in the PL is able to stride away from him with ease, he has no pace for a young athlete. That kills us, it costs vital goals.

He’s a Poor Man’s Gross.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You could hear it at the game and you can see it on here now. Stephens being held to account for a woeful performance and barely a mention of this guy, who, if I'm not mistaken got caught on the ball in the turnover of possession for their first goal and backed out of every challenge for the remainder of the match as he jogged around he pitch like Gary ****ing Gardner. It's like they were both having a competition to see who could give the ball away more.

I'm expecting ratings of 1 for Stephens on the match ratings thread and 3's and 5's for Propper, with comments such as 'being hindered by those around him' and 'silky in possession but needs to do more'. Total bollocks. Both utter shite.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On about 40 minutes tonight Propper had the chance to run at the heart of their defence, huge gap in front of him..... he couldn’t wait to pass the buck.... instead of driving at them and shooting or passing, or give and go, he did **** all, waited for an overlap, slowed down, chance gone. THAT was the moment for me. FRAUD.

Yup, that was pathetic. Anything but a direct run on goal in wide open space. Bottle job. Kayal would have made the run.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:lolol::lolol:

He couldn’t tackle a Fish Supper.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

:lolol:

For the past 20 years or so, a 'full on' Easy 10 rant somehow always cheers me up, no matter how dark the gathering clouds.

So on that note, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is another day and doubtless another false dawn.

Up the Albion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You could hear it at the game and you can see it on here now. Stephens being held to account for a woeful performance and barely a mention of this guy, who, if I'm not mistaken got caught on the ball in the turnover of possession for their first goal and backed out of every challenge for the remainder of the match as he jogged around he pitch like Gary ****ing Gardner. It's like they were both having a competition to see who could give the ball away more.

I'm expecting ratings of 1 for Stephens on the match ratings thread and 3's and 5's for Propper, with comments such as 'being hindered by those around him' and 'silky in possession but needs to do more'. Total bollocks. Both utter shite.

At the back of the NS everyone had it in for DS, but just a few ripples of displeasure at major blunders by DP.

I put it partly down (in the first half) to DS’s errors being close to us so easy to spot, whilst the clown’s blunders were 75 yards away. Just a theory, probably bollocks, like Propper’s contribution.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can anyone actually mention a game where we have won the midfield battle all season? Really don’t get the point of having 3 CM like we have over the past 3/4 months if we still don’t take control of midfield.

Every time we get the ball it feels like there’s about 6 more players in the middle of the park than us, absolutely baffles me how we have carried on without any creativity through the middle of midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here