I’ll start

Bong
Montoya
Stephens
AK
AJ
Murray
Locadia

Great! If we ship out 7 first team players, we'll have to replace them. With our budget, what we can spend on those 7 replacements won't get us players any better than the ones we ship out - and possibly not even as good. We need to buy fewer players than the job lot we bought last year, but concentrating on quality rather than quantity.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Gross, Izquiero are PL quality

Montoya is borderline

Bissouma and Bernardo will be absolute mustard with a bit more PL experience

Andone? Jury's out. Can't survive on three good games a season but has been injury plagued.

Everyone else must be made available.

I’ve watched Montoya in recent PL games, he can’t defend. Ploughs forward, gives the ball away or someone else does, leaving 2 on 1’s on Duffy. This happened several times today at 0-0 and 0-1.

What a shame that Bruno is that age.

Agree that Ryan, Duffy and Dunk do cut it.

Should we go down, there won’t be a stampede from the likes of Watford, Stains, Wolves, West Ham, Bmuff, for our many substandard players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So who would you keep?

I take you back to Hughton's first half season with the terrible squad inherited from Semi. All we did was defend and we had an awful period just like now but he did just enough for us to survive. Then we got some decent players in and boom.

Same thing's happening for me, we've signed a load of dirge and CH knows it.

Spot on, so, unlike the Albion

:goal:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Don't know where to start.

I've been relatively confident of survival until today. I think the story about disharmony in the changing room as some weight to it. No players allowed to be interviewed after the game? Dunk should have at least come out and said something so we know how the team feels.

Games generally don't effect my weekend but I've already come home and given the Mrs shit for no reason because of the game. Luckily, she does understand and not one of those partners that say "it's just a game". It's not just a game when emotions are involved.

I hope I am in better mood after Tuesday game and happy that we have just scraped over the line agaisnt Cardiff or I will really start to believe we will be down.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I heard WA say that, he’s spot on. A whole load of new first teamers required.

Left back
Right back
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Attacking CM
Box to box CM with pace.

If we try and buy all those, our budget will be spread too thinly, and we're likely as not to end up with no better than we've got. If we get the last two mentioned (ACM, and pacey box-to-boxer) the other players we have could kick on. The likes of Andone and Locadia (and Connelly) will score a percentage of the chances they get; trouble this season is that a percentage of next to no chances is next to nothing, and our back four is good. Liverpool's defence (let alone Man.City's!) would struggle to keep clean sheets if they had to defend backs-to-the-wall for 85 minutes of every game!

Agree it's probably time to ship out Knocky though, while we can still get a few quid for him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bournemouth gave us a sound schooling in how to attack with intent. We looked shockingly laboured and bereft of movement or ideas by comparison. What do they teach them at our Centre Of Excellence all week?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whats the point in clearing out most of the squad and replacing them? Is anyone confident that CH will get the most out of a bunch of new players, I’m certainly not. He’s shown himself to be tactically very limited, the players are regressing so clearly not being coached very well and he seems incapabe of motivating the players and instilling confidence in them at the moment.

I think we’ve already got some good players who are not being coached or used effectivey enough. I’d rather we replaced the manager.

Bruno will retire and from the first team I’d sell Stephens, and Locadia along with bit parts Balogun, Bong and Steele but keep the rest of them and hopefully bring in five better players than we already have - two new full backs to compete with Montoya and Bernardo, a centre midfielder to replace Stephens, an attacking midfielder/winger and a centre forward. This would hopefully give the new manager a competitive first team and squad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If shelvey is out of favour at Newcastle he would be worth the risk.

He’s creative and can put his foot in

He’s a massive prick, but that’s why it’s gamble.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We can get rid of 5,6 or 7 players but there is no way we have the budget to replace that number with quality needed. People need to realise that, unless we get lucky with signings (like gross being 3m) then we can only really add 2 or 3 a season and improve things.

Tough. The budget needs to be reviewed and revised upwards to reflect the cost of buying PL Ready players rather than a glut of speculative punts from across the globe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Where does the extra money come from? We should not overspend that way darkness.

Where's our Callum Wilson? Our James Ward-Prowse? Or our (and I think we know the answer to this one) our Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood? Yes, they'd probably all want wages, but who wouldn't? At least you'd be buying proven PL Ready talent.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Where's our Callum Wilson? Our James Ward-Prowse? Or our (and I think we know the answer to this one) our Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood? Yes, they'd probably all want wages, but who wouldn't? At least you'd be buying proven PL Ready talent.

But CH would just beat the attacking intent out of them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Our Ake, our Brooks, our Armstrong, our Fraser, our McNeil, our Westwood, our Redmond.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tony wants us to be a PL team. If that’s the case he has to put behind him his previous expenditure and realise we can’t do it on the cheap. Next season we have to invest heavily in players and wages if we are ever going to progress.
Second/third lowest budget leaves you where we are currently. Continue as we are and if not this season one very soon will see us drop.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dunk, Duffy and to a lesser extent Ryan look a class apart from the rest of the squad.

Credit to Murray for the first half of the season also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here