Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm wondering whether he will play Andone and two pacy wingers, (possibly with Kayal to add more agression in the middle), today, or wait till after we have lost to consider it against Cardiff? CH finds the comfy 4-5-Murray, far too moreish. Back to back defeats and the effect this will have on morale, and we are good as down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like Chailey and it is good to have balance from the ultra negativity. There are some who had us relegated back in January.

They might still be correct.

(I wasn't one and if The Gem is to be believed have high hopes for today)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Chailey and it is good to have balance from the ultra negativity. There are some who had us relegated back in January.

I, too, like Chailey and his unshakeable support of all things Albion. I just don’t agree that things are as hunky dory as he paints. He has often proved me wrong on my opinions though I accept. :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm wondering whether he will play Andone and two pacy wingers, (possibly with Kayal to add more agression in the middle), today, or wait till after we have lost to consider it against Cardiff? CH finds the comfy 4-5-Murray, far too moreish. Back to back defeats and the effect this will have on morale, and we are good as down.

We know who is playing today.....check the relevant thread.....[emoji106][emoji6]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hughton has become the manager the Norwich fans warned us about and we ALL laughed at them

As Bob Monkhouse once said, "When I said I wanted to be a comedian everybody laughed at me. Well, they're not laughing now."

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

If you read that someone got evicted just after the teams were announced this afternoon for lobbing a pie from the WSL, it’ll probably be me if Murray is a starter on his own upfront.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If you read that someone got evicted just after the teams were announced this afternoon for lobbing a pie from the WSL, it’ll probably be me if Murray is a starter on his own upfront.

You may also hear from the Family Stand a cry of:-

"Oh Poohpants".

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think CH will be here next season , but if we stay up I think Tony Bloom will expect us to start progressing more than what have this season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Would you mind lobbing it up and over your head? I get quite pechish in WSU. I thank you. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You may also hear from the Family Stand a cry of:-

"Oh Poohpants".

It will be disappointing, yes, but there really isn't a need to soil yourself. :facepalm::lolol::bigwave:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Locadia has been like a breath of fresh air when he’s come on in most games imo, I’d be well pissed if I was him too. He has not had a sustained run when, from what I’ve seen of him, he deserves one :shrug:

I reckon a less fearful manager would have given him his chance.
I tend to agree about Locadia. For the last 3 or 4 games he has looked like a breath of fresh air when he has come on from the bench.

However he rarely looks like a breath of fresh air when he has started matches.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a crap which players are grumbling with discontent - if that it even true. It's up to them to put in a shift and get the job done. More importantly, if they can't/won't do what their manager tells them, ship them out.

CH's main aim this season is to keep the club in the PL. That's what he's trying to do, using the methods he's learned in years of management. The players should respect that, IMO...

Having said all that, win today and everything will probably be rosy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
You've nailed what those of us who don't wear rosy specs have been bemoaning all thread and aren't surprised the players feel the same way.

But quite plainly it’s a personnel issue. No Izquierdo or Groß means we’re 1 dimensional. He can’t help injuries or overall understudy paucity.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Does anybody read other posts in a thread? He is a Huddersfield supporter as revealed by a fellow journalist.

He may well be a Huddersfield supporter but with a Welsh background he is looking to help Cardiff along on this one and get some publicity. Player discontent ? They are lucky to be with us and should go out on the pitch and give their all.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a crap which players are grumbling with discontent - if that it even true. It's up to them to put in a shift and get the job done. More importantly, if they can't/won't do what their manager tells them, ship them out.

CH's main aim this season is to keep the club in the PL. That's what he's trying to do, using the methods he's learned in years of management. The players should respect that, IMO...

Having said all that, win today and everything will probably be rosy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Very much this.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I tend to agree about Locadia. For the last 3 or 4 games he has looked like a breath of fresh air when he has come on from the bench.

Not many do at the start of matches recently :lolol:

Has he started in a game where we have actually gone for it from the off rather than a game we sit back in? Genuine question btw. This is when we’d see the best of him imo, not cameos when we are chasing a game.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Yes he and Andone do this very well. Starting they seem very ordinary, hence why Murray has started and they come on later (when fit !!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here