Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michael Robinson update

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I did post on the original thread and I wish Michael all the best in his battle. I'm not sure what cancer he has as it wasn't clear in the article. In the last year I have been having a little fight with head/brain cancer. I had my left eye removed in July and had six weeks of radiotherapy. Unfortunately it came back on my brain a few months later. Had a 22mm tumour removed a month or so ago. I've been having Cyber Knife radiotherapy treatment this week at The Royal Marsden hospital. Last one today. I'm sixty two and the treatment I've received has been brilliant. The big heart that Michael has will help. UTA.

I have had the pleasure of meeting you and you're elderly apprentice [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION].
All I can say is that you're one of the bravest people I've come across in my lifetime, dealing with you're cancer in a positive humorous way.
Keep up the fight and I'll keep keeping you amused, as I'm sure you understand :bowdown:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
it is isn't it.....Simmo is my HT chat mate (the only one) as well as my text friend and was my go to plumber (duties taken over by able son)....I have no idea how he has managed to get through the last year ..he has enormous mental strength let alone the physical side....what he hasn't mentioned is that during this period his father has been seriously ill (and still is) ..I have the utmost respect for Simmo

Couldn't agree more LR. I've known Simmo for 20 years and he is a decent hard working family man who will always try and help you out with a plumbing emergency. Wishing you all the best mate and hope to see you for a beer at one of the last few home games. Safe journey home today and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
TLO started a thread last year after Michael Robinson announced he had been diagnosed with cancer https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?368976-Michael-Robinson&highlight=Robinson

Watching the 1983 semi final highlights yesterday prompted me to check up on how he is. After hanging up his boots Michael was heavily involved with Cádiz C.F. and although he is no longer there the club are still in direct contact with him so I asked my friend who is a director there for an update.

He told me that the last time he saw Michael he was feeling strong and in good spirits for the fight.

Those of us who were lucky enough to see him play for the Albion will remember Michael as someone who never gave up. Let's hope he can win this latest fight.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow at Wembley Michael (even though you also played for City!)

Brilliant post! I think Robinson was happier at the Albion than he was at City......

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I did post on the original thread and I wish Michael all the best in his battle. I'm not sure what cancer he has as it wasn't clear in the article. In the last year I have been having a little fight with head/brain cancer. I had my left eye removed in July and had six weeks of radiotherapy. Unfortunately it came back on my brain a few months later. Had a 22mm tumour removed a month or so ago. I've been having Cyber Knife radiotherapy treatment this week at The Royal Marsden hospital. Last one today. I'm sixty two and the treatment I've received has been brilliant. The big heart that Michael has will help. UTA.

Keep fighting Simmo. My very best wishes to you and Michael. Hope you both enjoy the game tomorrow.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

I wish you all the best stay strong and never give in ,best wishes , Andrew my son (NHS leg pain ) now over 5 years clear comming up tonight with grand kids for two weeks and comming to wembly tomorrow can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Very sobering and also inspiring to read some of the posts on this thread. I have a good friend/work colleague who is currently undergoing treatment for bowel cancer and he adopts a similar worthy attitude to [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION], all the best to you sir in your fight!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wish you all the best stay strong and never give in ,best wishes , Andrew my son (NHS leg pain ) now over 5 years clear comming up tonight with grand kids for two weeks and comming to wembly tomorrow can’t wait

That's brilliant. I have wondered how he got on and if he was still clear. I hope they have a great day out.

[MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] I don't think I've ever met you, but thinking about you, and hoping you can kick this thing into touch altogether. I hope the Albion put a big smile on your face tomorrow and do you proud.
All the very best. Up the Albion. x

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

Hi SS, we have never met or spoken but I can relate to what you are going through as a close colleague from work is going through the same experience with Lung and Brain Cancer. He was diagnosed with this early last yer and has gone through the same procedures as you are/have. Its been tough for him so I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery and I am sure with the support and love from family and friends you will beat it. UTA.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

All the best with the treatment! Keep on fighting!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just shows there is always someone worse off than you.Good luck with the cancer battle,and hope your recovery goes swiftly.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
That's brilliant. I have wondered how he got on and if he was still clear. I hope they have a great day out.

[MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] I don't think I've ever met you, but thinking about you, and hoping you can kick this thing into touch altogether. I hope the Albion put a big smile on your face tomorrow and do you proud.
All the very best. Up the Albion. x

Many thanx

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

As far as I know we have never met but you are one of NSC’s posters that I always look forward to reading. Always makes me smile and love your plumbing advice. So, am very upset to learn your news and can only wish you all the best and as an ex NHS worker can say you will be receiving the best possible treatment and care at the Marsden.

As someone else once said “ keep the faith “ and UTA.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

I can only echo what others have said. Keep fighting fella .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Although we have fallen out many times on here, having survived the Big C myself in 1995, I wish Simmo Says all the best for a speedy recovery as they say early diagnosis is important to treat it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

All the best and keep strong

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Although we have fallen out many times on here, having survived the Big C myself in 1995, I wish Simmo Says all the best for a speedy recovery as they say early diagnosis is important to treat it.

BG many thanks for your post.
We have caused a few laughs on NSC lol not always for the right reasons tho! Unfortunately mine was stage four when finally diagnosed!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i dont know what stage four is, stage one sounds bad enough
wishing you all the very best Simmo Says
and yes Robbo was one of my favourite Players and that 1983 game v Man City one of my best ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here