Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Concorde 2 - where to park etc.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Saw them support The Cure in July, flippin brilliant!

I was there too at Hyde Park!

I was into Slowdive back in the 90s but never got chance to see them then (seen Mojave 3/Rachel/Neil on a few occasions though. Slowdive now twice in one year, marvellous!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
For me, personally, happy to pay that but not many bands I would pay that much for!
I still remember seeing bands for few quid in the 90s up to early 00s when almost suddenly all prices went silly, esp with those horrid middle men ticket “touts” (ticketmaster etc.) hiking up everything.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
For me, personally, happy to pay that but not many bands I would pay that much for!
I still remember seeing bands for few quid in the 90s up to early 00s when almost suddenly all prices went silly, esp with those horrid middle men ticket “touts” (ticketmaster etc.) hiking up everything.

They will be worth it. We saw The Cure in Hyde Park but misssed Slowdive as England were playing Sweden at the time they came on. We were comfortably getting drunk watching that in the pub. Also missed Ride.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I went to the gig to see Slowdive as much as the Cure (who I saw at Wembley many years ago) so got there early.

Great benefit of that was we got armbands so were in front enclosure for Cure gig! Space to sit on floor as well which was great given we’d been there all day! All the rest of the bands I wanted to see were at the other stage (Ride, Lisa Hannigan, TWDY and The Twilight Sad).

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
I went up into the Barclaycard area for a lot of the day with a group of friends. We could see/hear Twilight Sad etc from there and sit in a comfy seat (much needed) but had a wander around to see Slowdive and went to main stage to see The Cure.
Was a fab day. Was with a couple of guys from Toploader to watch the Cure and it was funny to see then acting as starstruck at The Cure, like little school kids.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for the tips all, managed to park about a dozen spaces from the entrance, marvellous!
Great gig too!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

In my youth mid to late 80s I was into rock and metal, This genre was on a high and I saw pretty much every single band around and tickets were typically £5 and an SAE to Hammersmith Odeon ticket office.

I also remember in the 90s when admin fees came in, and having an argument with The Garage box office which charged me an admin fee per ticket and my point that it was the same transaction whether I bought one or two tickets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here