Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just finished Safe Harbour, Oz drama about the knock-on effects of 5 mates out on a boat bumping into a crammed full refugee boat. Pretty good, illustrates how decisions affect fate, relationships and a few porkies.

BBC4 soon. untitled.png

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not sure if you get it on Netflix in the UK, but This Is Us is fantastic.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We're currently watching 'White Collar'

Cheesy as feck, but it's easy watching and we keep rattling off the episodes on Prime Video...

611sDChIAjL._SL1117_.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're currently watching 'White Collar'

Cheesy as feck, but it's easy watching and we keep rattling off the episodes on Prime Video...

View attachment 104020

Lil Miss Stat watches this, obviously having Tiffani Thiessen as a MILF gives it a certain allure to myself - (filthy creep)

Every once in a while LMS will say "I'm going to walk like Neal", then proceeds to do a great impression.
I bet now you've read that you'll start to notice all his mannerisms.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just watched an oddity.
Certainly a programme I can't place.

Deadly Class.

Hogwarts for psychopaths.

It seems all a bit YA, but with a sound track for their parents (me).
I'll give it a couple more watches to see how it pans out but I'll be surprised if I'm it's actual audience.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Thanks for the Narcos Mexico recommendation. I'm really getting into it and it's great seeing the lead character rocking a pukka Baracuta Harrington.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I dont think the Narcos Mexico is anywhere near as good as the original Columbian Narcos series, still a decent watch though. I fees like its filmed different (cheaper) too.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I dont think the Narcos Mexico is anywhere near as good as the original Columbian Narcos series, still a decent watch though. I fees like its filmed different (cheaper) too.

Really? I thought it was excellent. But then i had just finished El Chapo when i watched it so it may have benefited from the comparison.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Really? I thought it was excellent. But then i had just finished El Chapo when i watched it so it may have benefited from the comparison.

Yeah mate I do, Im only 3 episodes in though. I just think the actors are weaker, storyline a bit more 'everywhere' and the way its filmed strange, like have you noticed the outskirts of the screen blurred or out of focused? The Julia Roberts series did the same thing. Maybe its to make you concentrate on the main acting? Im not sure, but its fu*king annoying! I loved the original 'Narcos' though so Im holding it to a ridiculously high standard haha

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Murder Mountain on Netflix is a great watch.
It is about the Outlaw marijuana growers of Humboldt County and how many hippy trail tourists that got there to work on the dope harvests disapear, with law enforcement seemingly unwilling to investigate.
The original gentle isolated hippy community that grew their crops to sustain their isolated community were ravaged in the early eighties by a campaign of aggressive raids known as C.A.M.P, which then opened the gates to a more subversive and brutal market place in that area that inevitably led to rather unsavoury people taking a lot of the dope growing over.
With California then deciding to legalise the crop growing of Marijuana, providing the necessary cash 'hoops' in the way being successfully surmounted, the plight of the lifelong farmers trying to do things the right way is shown to be fraught with almost unachievable obstacles.
This then raises the point of legalisation in that area is in danger of not working and being the very thing that wipes out cannabis growing rather than when it was illegal. A very interesting point given the evidence they present.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Russian Doll on Netflix is fantastic

Yep, recently done this, slow the first episode but excellent series.

I'm half way they You in netflix now, also very good.

Also recently done the second series of The Guest Book, again, very good and funny. I think [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] recommended the first series.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I’ve been watching this really rude and funny, very strange that it looks like it’s filmed in this country but is very American.

i think stylistically they've made it look very cool and full of references for international audiences to identify with.
My girlfriend thought it was set in the eighties whilst watching the first episode before the kids were shown using their mobiles. All the cars were 80s or thereabouts and the clothing especially so.

I mentioned Murder Mountain earlier in this thread but I would say this was my favourite program for a fair while.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Right, just finished Better call Saul and need something new.

I am ashamed to say I’ve never watched prison break, is it worth the punt, circa 100 episodes will get me sorted for months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right, just finished Better call Saul and need something new.

I am ashamed to say I’ve never watched prison break, is it worth the punt, circa 100 episodes will get me sorted for months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you Osark-ed yet?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here