Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham tickets

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would like to go and could prob be tempted if £50 albion end.

£50 neutral zone ............. f k that for a laugh

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Match has just been advertised on TV.

Saw it a while ago on ITV2. This time it was Sky One. Can't be cheap.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's bollocks!

Just arrived in UK to find a voicemail from a very nice chap at Fulham FC who goes by the name of Hugh. He wanted to let me know that they were opening up P4 and was calling because I had a BN postcode. They were just wondering whether I would like to relocate next to the Brighton fans to be "nearer my kind". Sure, sounds good, I said and, by the way, one of the kids would like to go. Can I turn that into a pair of tickets? Certainly sir, just give me the long number on the card etc etc.

It was all over in a jiffy and felt like a transgender reincarnation of the famous Pamela Stephenson "that'll do nicely, sir, and would you like to rub my tits?" sketch. As ever, I'm probably the only one who has the faintest idea what I'm talking about but give Hugh a call at the box office and he'll take care of you.

I got a call from Hugh too. They've made P4 Albion. He offered to move my P2 front row seats (by the tunnel, kids want players shirts....) closer to fellow Brighton fans. He's a bit of sleuth because I bought the tickets using a Doncaster address after my original BN attempt was thwarted. Ended up chatting to him about his team (Crewe Alexandra) and all of the times Rovers have ruined their fun in the last 20 years. Nice bloke is Hugh. £50 for an adult seat on a Tuesday night is steep. Imagine how it felt shelling out £35 for my 10 year old boy!! All because of a daft promise if he scored a hat trick for his team....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All because of a daft promise if he scored a hat trick for his team....

:lol: many parents will feel your pain, we were playing crazy golf with my daughter when she was around that age. It was by far the hardest hole on the course and I said "if you get a hole in one here I will give you £100" well guess what happened next

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Another one for P4! :ascarf::ascarf:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
That kid at the Amex last season who successfully begged for Hazard's shirt has got a LOT to answer for.

How is that the same? My kid & his mate, both Brighton fans, will be in the neutral zone canvassing players approaching the tunnel. They will not be holding signs. For as long as I can remember, players have thrown their shirts at waving kids, and kids have done what they can to attract their attention.

The Hazard shirt kid was in the Brighton end and his parents/guardians should have shown a bit more class.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Isn’t this just an underhand way of getting around the maximum £30 ticket price for away fans?

It's very unpopular with a lot of Fulham fans as well who would like to go to the occasional game and don't know a ST holder who can lend them a ticket or do an upgrade. For most home games, the neutral part is still pretty mixed, but for teams like the Albion and big clubs with London contingents it seems pretty full of away fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Must admit I'm really looking forward to this next week. Last time I went to Craven Cottage, Paul Clark scored for us :eek:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Must admit I'm really looking forward to this next week. Last time I went to Craven Cottage, Paul Clark scored for us :eek:

Last time I went to Craven Cottage we were lobbing celery everywhere, had big open terrace behind goal iirc , v much looking forward to my first away this season

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Last time I went to Craven Cottage we were lobbing celery everywhere, had big open terrace behind goal iirc , v much looking forward to my first away this season

Been there a few times. Most memorable was after the protest march through London.

We lost the match but not the war.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I went to that game. Great day out. Vital win on our way to the top flight f for the first time [emoji106][emoji106]

Bloody hell, I knew it was a long time ago, but didn't realise it was 40 years. Almost to the day!

Fulham v Albion 24/2/79

Albion line-up:

Steele
Cattlin
Williams
Horton
Rollings
Lawrenson
Ryan
Ward
Maybank
Sayer