Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What pisses you off about Christmas?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I get pissed off when advertisers call it 'The Holidays' or 'The Festive Season'... No, it's CHRISTMAS in the country you are currently spending your tax-dodged millions in via the advertising agency full of pony tails, beards and roll necks... you Dicks...

I hate cards which say "Have an Amazing Christmas!!". I have not been amazed by Christmas since I saw a half-eaten mince pie on Christmas morning as a 6 year old and though it was THE Santa who had actually taken a bite out of it.

It pisses me off that people can spend so much money on such absolute frivolous shite when people are sleeping in shop doorways and families can't afford to feed themselves (nod to an earlier post on this thread).

I don't like the fact that a fictitious story written almost two thousand years ago, with so many changes and inconsistencies, can force people to be falsely nice to each other one day a year.

Typed from sun lounger in Mauritius. :smile:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The fact the my birthday is on the 27th. This is absolutely the worst possible day for a birthday. I've met people with 24th birthdays and even someone with a 25th birthday and yet I feel these days not as bad as having one on the 27th. 24th - Everyone's up for a party, you will be drinking with friends and family. 25th - At least you're guaranteed the day off. 26th - again guaranteed day off and full football program = piss up. But the 27th....That's the day. Most people back at work, everybody skint, hungover from a 3 day bender. Absolutely nobody is up for doing ANYTHING on the 27th. Oh and as a kid the whole "this is for Christmas AND your birthday" thing as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only that it goes on too long. It’s nice having a jolly festival in the bleak midwinter but a couple of days would do it. If it were up to me, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day would be it then all back to normal. The weeks of build up are cringe worthy.

I also dislike the greed that is instilled in children these days.

While we like Christmas, Easter is the preferred celebration in our family. Its in Spring, winter is over, all shops are shut, pubs open, family round the table for a good meal, modest gift giving, a bank holiday and all back to normal within 48 hours . Absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Only that it goes on too long. It’s nice having a jolly festival in the bleak midwinter but a couple of days would do it. If it were up to me, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day would be it then all back to normal. The weeks of build up are cringe worthy.

I also dislike the greed that is instilled in children these days.

While we like Christmas, Easter is the preferred celebration in our family. Its in Spring, winter is over, all shops are shut, pubs open, family round the table for a good meal, modest gift giving, a bank holiday and all back to normal within 48 hours . Absolutely perfect.

Nice to see you have respected the religious aspect (bollox) like millions of others about this enforced and out dated break.

Another pointless holiday celebration that is based on a distorted Roman version of history, Easter Bunny what the feck is that all about, never mind insulting someone who allegedly died in excruciating pain nailed to a cross by eventing “hot cross buns”

No wonder aliens avoid contact with us...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nice to see you have respected the religious aspect (bollox) like millions of others about this enforced and out dated break.

Another pointless holiday celebration that is based on a distorted Roman version of history, Easter Bunny what the feck is that all about, never mind insulting someone who allegedly died in excruciating pain nailed to a cross by eventing “hot cross buns”

Not all of us.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

We celebrate Easter as more of a Spring celebration than anything religious. Spring is a beautiful time of the year, winter is over , the days are getting longer, the weather gets better. There’s a lot to celebrate in Spring.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We celebrate Easter as more of a Spring celebration than anything religious. Spring is a beautiful time of the year, winter is over , the days are getting longer, the weather gets better. There’s a lot to celebrate in Spring.

That there is, and your right.

But do we really in this day and age need to base all our time off around, some old hunch back freedom fighter who plagiarised other ideas, anymore.

Time for change, and we can have 13 months while we’re at, and all the benefits that brings.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Shops selling Christmas stuff in September and people putting their trees up too early. Saw the first one go up in Whitehawk at the end of bloody August!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That there is, and your right.

But do we really in this day and age need to base all our time off around, some old hunch back freedom fighter who plagiarised other ideas, anymore.

Time for change, and we can have 13 months while we’re at, and all the benefits that brings.

I don’t know what the answer is. I just like lamb roasts and mint Aeros.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Christmas Cards being given between two people who know each other and naming each and every member of their family.

Perfume/Cologne adverts finished off with a fake French accent naming the scent.

Celebs telling us to donate to a famine...how much are they putting in!

Christmas cooking shows (Oliver, Lawson et al) filmed in July with Xmas revelries around the festive adorned table in July.

Repeats of Die Hard

Mrs Browns boys

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not religious, nor am I into consumerism so I opted out of celebrating Christmas a few years ago.
I describe it as the time of year whe
re most people loose their shit. It’s funny how many people take my abstinence as some kind of insult and they can get quite upset with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play to you, it’s the rest of us who are probably mad for going along with the craziness of it all!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Presents.

So much is spent on so many for gifts they don’t really want.

One of my brothers and I have agreed to not get gifts for each other or each other’s spouses and just get the kids stuff instead.

Honestly if I wanted something I’d just buy it.

I love the family time, food and alcohol though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother and I have never exchanged presents or cards for years. If you read this happy Christmas bruv

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm such a grumpy **** I hate Christmas. I used to be impartial, I lived in a ski resort for the best part of my 20's and it was always a nice quiet day up the mountain with no queues, a good session in the pub apres and no work. Since moving back to the UK, it's really started to annoy me.

Shops stocking Christmas shite in September
Christmas adverts
Christmas decorations in November
Christmas decorations
Christmas songs

It's not all bad though, things I like:
Time off work
All day drinking
Christmas dinner (not turkey)
Lots of football on TV

Maybe I'll be less grumpy when we have kids but for now, Christmas can **** off.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Blue and White Santa hats
Christmas Jumpers
Anyone who thinks Die Hard is a Christmas Film
Low hanging Christmas decorations
Crowds out either Christmas shopping or looking at Christmas lights
10th rate TV Christmas specials - Yes I do mean Mrs Browns Boys, Miranda,,,,
Being forced to wear a Christmas cracker hat while eating lunch
Brussels Sprouts
People stocking up at the Supermarket who believe its either the end of the world or a no deal Brexit
Too much greed
Too much waste
Having to book up if you fancy eating eat although its probably not worth it, particularly if you get put close to a rowdy works outing
Running down of public transport
Christmas adverts
Being forced to be happy, as if 'come on its Christmas' is a happy pill that will immediately turn you into a smiley happy machine
Christmas eve boxes

Other than that its enjoyable

With bells on!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Having to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day (and so is one of our sons) and having to move our family Christmas to the 23rd. This has been the case for a few years now, but working in healthcare it's par for the course and something you sign up for when you get the job. That said, the people I help need me more than I need a glorified Sunday dinner, and we do have a good laugh together. Still, it would be nice to have a normal Christmas with a nice build-up to it. That may happen by Christmas 2021 by which time I'll have retired (again!) and a proper family get-together will hopefully be the norm from then on (unless our son remains in healthcare and still works over the "festive" period!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here