Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS B’muff

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we can always hope as I am sure he would be about the best option at the moment if Liverpool are happy to loan him out. There are reports of Sturridge going to Milan so perhaps they wont.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wasnt IBE their record signing at £15m beating Afobe at £10m other than that they were low fees generally so full credit to their recruitment team.

Ake was £20m I think

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wasnt IBE their record signing at £15m beating Afobe at £10m other than that they were low fees generally so full credit to their recruitment team.
Ake £20m

Begovic £10m

or is this completely wrong rgb?

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
They have certainly done well in transfer dealings and have a large number of players in their squad they paid peanuts for but they also have a good few big signings ranging from 10 million to 20 million.

Ake 20 million

Ibe 15 million

Afobe 10 million

Begovic 10 million.

Last edited:

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
We don't actually know, because AFCB never release the figures for players bought or sold.

Begovich was rumoured to be £8 million but of course, as with pretty much every transfer, there are a whole raft of conditions built into transfers and final price.

The most likely accurate figure, is for Wilson, who allegedly cost £3 million from Coventry (which was what Norwich allegedly paid for Grabban) which then leads on to a supposed £7 million for Grabban but Norwich would have still owed money on the original transfer, so working that one isn't easy.

If Ake was £20 million, that is money well spent and the most worrying thing is a 'big' club comes along in the summer and offers £35 million for him.

In fact the most worrying things are that Liverpool invoke a buy-back clause for Ibe (now Howe has turned him into the player that Liverpool could see was there but couldn't extract) and Chelsea realise letting Ake go was a mistake and also invoke the buy-back clause. That is assuming those players think the grass is greener at LFC and CFC where they couldn't get any game time before.

I was having a chat with the chairman at Dean Court today after the game, I've had many a chat with him, yet not once has he told me how much AFCB spend on players, so how do posters on NSC know how much has been paid?

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
And if Steve Cook really did cost only £150k from B&HA, that was an absolute steal. He was outstanding today. Won every header and made some crucial, last-man, goal-saving tackles.

I think he's the 2nd-highest scoring PL defender in the time we've been in the PL.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
All so predictable. The PL is all about goals. A team with good strikers will never go down, even if the rest of their team is toilet. Bournemouth/Howe are wise enough to know this, hence they have had a selection of quality strikers ever since they went up and all the while that is the case they will never go down. They can’t defend, in fact they have some right rubbish at the back, but it doesn’t matter when the aim is 17th place.

Is it all about scoring goals though?

Burnley have scored just two more then us this season yet currently occupy 7th place. To me this indicates it is more about not conceding, and scoring when you have the opportunity.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Is it all about scoring goals though?

Burnley have scored just two more then us this season yet currently occupy 7th place. To me this indicates it is more about not conceding, and scoring when you have the opportunity.

But what about the rest of the league? Have Manchester City got their approach all wrong by scoring loads of goals? :D

If a team can’t score in this league, they go down.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
And if Steve Cook really did cost only £150k from B&HA, that was an absolute steal. He was outstanding today. Won every header and made some crucial, last-man, goal-saving tackles.

I think he's the 2nd-highest scoring PL defender in the time we've been in the PL.

That's complete bullshit defenders aren't allowed to score in this league, its against the rules.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
But what about the rest of the league? Have Manchester City got their approach all wrong by scoring loads of goals? :D

If a team can’t score in this league, they go down.

Ok, so decide to ignore the FACT that Burnley have only scored TWO goals more than us if you want.

I was just trying to demonstrate that it's not ALL about how many goals you score...

Apologies for the repeated use of caps, but just wanted to make sure you understood the point I was making.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Watford 0 - 3 Bournemouth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here