Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The voting for all of this when its done will be very interesting - to my eye there aren't really any weak teams among those still actively involved.

I also expect the frustration levels to increase for all of us as we approach the end and the chances further increase of multiple people wanting the same player, especially if its to fill one of the trickier categories.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My first defensive midfielder slot goes to a player who also the troublesome played in a world cup final category which was causing me some concern. Made 104 appearances for Manchester City between 2008 and 2013 winning both the premier league and the FA cup. Has also made 76 appearances for Holland.

Its Nigel de Jong

article-0-1312ACF0000005DC-338_468x286.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My next pick is a player who joined Liverpool in 1996 and made 148 appearances for them, later making 88 appearances for Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Stoke. He is a left midfielder/winger who has 42 appearance and 18 goals for his country, Czech Republic. Before joining Liverpool, with whom he is a FA Cup winner, he won the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund.

Its Patrik Berger

hi-res-1529245-sep-1996-patrick-berger-celebrates-another-goal-for_crop_650.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My next pick made his Premier League debut for Aston Villa at the age of just 18 and went on to establish a reputation for having a thunderous left foot shot which saw him nicknamed 'Der Hammer'. He won 52 caps for Germany in a career sadly cut short by numerous injuries, then became the highest-profile player or ex-player to date to come out as gay.

Ladies and Gentlemen, its HAMMER TIME, its THOMAS HITZLSPERGER.

[MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION], back to you. :thumbsup:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
My next pick is a player who joined Liverpool in 1996 and made 148 appearances for them, later making 88 appearances for Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Stoke. He is a left midfielder/winger who has 42 appearance and 18 goals for his country, Czech Republic. Before joining Liverpool, with whom he is a FA Cup winner, he won the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund.

Its Patrik Berger

hi-res-1529245-sep-1996-patrick-berger-celebrates-another-goal-for_crop_650.jpg

Oh you little ......

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Next for team Reinelt12 you would think I would need a reliable injury free Centre Back to go alongside Paul McGrath - however, I am willing to take a risk (as I will have a CB on the bench) on having a player whose talent when he first started in the Premier League was unquestioned, so much so that after his standout years at Leeds and Newcastle he then signed for Real Madrid for a ridiculous amount of money. (He then promptly scored an own goal, and got sent off on his debut and never really recovered)

Injuries etc. blighted him from then on, but it can still be said that for 3-4 years he was definitely one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

I give you JONATHAN WOODGATE

Jonathan-Woodgate-Real-Madrid-vs-Rosenborg_2794147.jpg

This was my catch up pick so [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION] I believe is still up

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
My next pick is the definition of longevity and solidity. He's played nearly a decade and a half in the Premier League, and for a large chunk of that time he's been one of the best keepers in the league. He's been promoted to and relegated from the league, and made over 400 PL appearances. If you ask a Finnish person to pronounce his name correctly you'll think they're about to attack you. He is, of course, Jussi Jaaskelainen.

jussi_Jaaskelainen_1110313c.jpg
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] is up next.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My next pick is the definition of longevity and solidity. He's played nearly a decade and a half in the Premier League, and for a large chunk of that time he's been one of the best keepers in the league. He's been promoted to and relegated from the league, and made over 400 PL appearances. If you ask a Finnish person to pronounce his name correctly you'll think they're about to attack you. He is, of course, Jussi Jaaskelainen.

View attachment 63359
@JOLovegrove is up next.

Your last couple of picks have bollocksed me right up.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] is up now and has 2 picks to make
[MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] has a catch up pick to make
[MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] has 2 catch up picks to make
and [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] has 6 catch up picks to make.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Mine still hasn't been picked.... Yet..... It's the one category I'm having trouble with so fingers rightly crossed

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
My next pick played in the Premier League for 11 years for Bolton, Liverpool, Blackburn and Sunderland - can play either as a box to box midfielder or as a right back he will prove his versatility in my side... JASON MCATEER

Please page the next up as on phone...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My next pick is well known for his blistering pace and ability to shoot from long distances. He is described as "a defensive midfielder with a box to box style of play, contributing in large part to the defense and the attack. With a powerful shot and great passing range, he has played an important part in breaking up opposition attacks and creating goal scoring opportunities.

His honours include:
Shakhtar Donetsk
Ukrainian Premier League: 2005–06, 2007–08, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
Ukrainian Cup: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
Ukrainian Super Cup: 2008, 2010, 2012
UEFA Cup: 2008–09

Manchester City
Premier League: 2013–14
Football League Cup: 2013–14

He is
FERNANDINHO

hqdefault.jpg

[MENTION=1023]Shuggie[/MENTION] you're up.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I could have picked a number of current Premier League centre backs but looking at all the other draft pick teams they all have a great element of attacking flair, so (like a good manager eh Sami) it's time to counter that, if your forwards can survive getting past Pearce they are going to bang straight into this fella.

My defence has an almost Star Wars look! on the right the good, cultured popular ball playing defenders, but on the left pure evil.

To paraphrase Brian Clough, these modern day defenders are not a ******* like this fella. And, son, I want a ******* in my defence.

The man Roy Keane (yes Roy Keane!!) called a nasty f**ker.........Gabriele Heinze!!

17beb8e1892f832a9d8bfbda1b6c93e1.jpg

[MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] wake up or your going to be left with Titus Bramble

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here