Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Firstly the UK has promised that EU residents here will keep their rights so where you get the 'sudden kicking out' god only knows.

Now this confusing visa paperwork - what's confusing about it ? Maybe you could get your parents to help you with it ?

200+ pages for sponsor guidance, 75 pages for the visa applicant guidance on a Tier 2 visa, 85 page application form for residency that requires 5 years of documentary evidence alongside it and a useless and hostile Home Office processing it? Was a 30% rejection rate on residency applications a while back.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Johnsons promises at maintaining citizens rights are vague at best. Furthermore, he's not even willing to write these vague promises into law, and make them a "legal" right.

If you read some credible newspapers, you would know this.
So he is expected to somehow have got these promises written into law already?

Notwithstanding the fact that it usually takes months/years to get a new law enacted, starting from the drafting then early Bill reading stages, there is the small matter of Parliamentary recess, with the House of Commons not due back until September.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

Notwithstanding the fact that it usually takes months/years to get a new law enacted, starting from the drafting then early Bill reading stages, there is the small matter of Parliamentary recess, with the House of Commons not due back until September.

It's one thing for parliament to reject protecting citizens rights - they never would by the way so it's a moo point really as there is house consensus these rights are top priority, and another to refuse to pledge to push for legal protection.

He is refusing to pledge legal protection. That tells you all you need to know. This is a prime example of defending the indefensible.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

Also, great sass, I like it.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Firstly the UK has promised that EU residents here will keep their rights

The government made a 'promise'? Yes, that is clearly reassuring. Because no UK government has ever broken a promise before has it?

How about some actual legislation to back it up?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Firstly the UK has promised that EU residents here will keep their rights so where you get the 'sudden kicking out' god only knows.

Now this confusing visa paperwork - what's confusing about it ? Maybe you could get your parents to help you with it ?

I have seen several stories of EU citizens already turned down for settled status, despite having married here, worked here for 27 years, got an NI number so proving their tax and contributions. There aren't enough civil servants to deal with all the extra paperwork, and it is a mess.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If leave voters are so damned certain that Brexit, even a No Deal Brexit is acceptably democratic, suitably honouring the referendum result, the right thing for our country and in the best interests of U.K. citizens, why are they on here day in day out defending it?
Any leave voter confident in their decision wouldn’t feel the need to come on here and defend it against the inane rantings of remoaning loons, Shirley?

Hmmmmmmm

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If leave voters are so damned certain that Brexit, even a No Deal Brexit is acceptably democratic, suitably honouring the referendum result, the right thing for our country and in the best interests of U.K. citizens, why are they on here day in day out defending it?
Any leave voter confident in their decision wouldn’t feel the need to come on here and defend it against the inane rantings of remoaning loons, Shirley?

Hmmmmmmm

Because leave means LEAVE.

D

Deleted member 2719

And yet more ridiculous infantile waffle from the thickos.
Your type should never have been allowed to vote in the first place, then we wouldn't be in this mess.

If only I had your superior intellect.
I love how you embrace democracy.

Hi Mouldy Boots. Never heard anything from you after asking my "real" NSC user...............

'Sup?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't recall communicating with you, maybe you were to dull to remember ???

Is he any more a danger to the country than messrs Cameron, Osborne, May, Johnson. Cummings, Gove, Patel, Javid etc etc.

I'll give you a clue. The answer to that is resounding no...… And No, I would not vote for him if there was a general election tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/cU-ITKrCr0I

https://youtu.be/CwlfPo2eTfg

Reduced to 1980s Frankie Goes to Hollywood lyrics already?
Disappointingly uninventive but not unpredictable.

I don't know what you mean this is all about,

When two tribes go to war
One is all that you can score
(Score no more, score no more)
When two tribes go to war
One is all that you can score

You are just a mouthpiece of the establishment I don't think anyone really thinks your statement is likley in fact I don't really think you believe it.

Jeramy Corbyn is no more left wing than other Labour leaders throughout its history Bar Tony Blaires New Labour

Your opinion, in mine he is Left left left left wing.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Feck knows what you are on about but I have made some analysis on you now, you're a weirdo.

Let me bring you up to speed. For some reason only benown to you, you felt the need to point out I had had an alter ego.

I pointed out, with substantial evidence previously that this was untrue. I also pointed out I voted leave and now regret this deeply (also evidenced).

Alas, you were the original weirdo, not me. Once again, you faced truth and ignored it because it made you look stupid. And, are you?

D

Deleted member 2719

.... and is this the same Mouldy Boots that argued we should stop the inane name calling (or words to that effect)?

Yes fair play, I landed a full-bloodied weirdo straight on his nose, thank god his nose was sooooooooooooooooo big it slipped off.

No damage was done.

I will stand in the corner for 10 mins lever.

D

Deleted member 2719

Let me bring you up to speed. For some reason only benown to you, you felt the need to point out I had had an alter ego.

I pointed out, with substantial evidence previously that this was untrue. I also pointed out I voted leave and now regret this deeply (also evidenced).

Alas, you were the original weirdo, not me. Once again, you faced truth and ignored it because it made you look stupid. And, are you?

Ahhhhhhhhhh you only post on the Brexit thread and you expect me to believe this is your only account.

Bollox no one is that weird, as for voting leave and changing your mind congratulations are called for, as you are the first I have come across.

It appears you may have been watching BBC and reading the Guardian to much.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes fair play, I landed a full-bloodied weirdo straight on his nose, thank god his nose was sooooooooooooooooo big it slipped off.

No damage was done.

I will stand in the corner for 10 mins lever.

Better still, be the change you wish to see on this thread and make grown up comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here