• Cash: how quaint

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • I go to watch football not stuff my face etc etc

Votes: 21 13.9%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was VERY surprised to learn recently that the French do not have any credit cards in their banking system.

Must be beneficial compared to our debt laden society.

Really? So you cannot get a credit card in France?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Paul Barber mentioned he is looking at re-introducing a cashless system at the AMEX. We don’t have any idea of which system he will introduce, but in principle, surely this is he way to go?

Yes or no?:

Cashless: way to go Daddio
Cash: how quaint
Voting 'Cash: how quaint' appears to be mocking the idea of using cash, so it's essential the same as voting Cashless. It seems that your poll options are different ways of expressing the same choice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, going through bank statements was exactly why I realised I needed a budget.

I was doing the total opposite of what I described above. Using my card, not tracking anything mentally, not checking my account and then wondering why I was always left hovering over my overdraft every month.

Totally different now and it's so satisfying logging onto my bank account to see my balance is roughly where I envisaged it being this week. Also helped me see that over half of my free spend allowance each month was going on beer / takeaways etc. Cut that right back.

When I started using cashless I was shocked at how much incidental crap I purchase throughout the day. Snacks, coffee, coffee, crisps, mints etc. None of this properly registered with me until you see a lengthy bank statement a day or two later.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I don’t want to be insensitive, but is this really the case? If you are watching the pennies surely you’ll remember how much you’ve spent regardless of the medium?

I work as a money adviser and we encourage people to use cash wherever they can as it's much easier for people who struggle with budgeting to keep track of what they're spending

having said that if I had a client who was struggling financially and on a low budget I'd be discouraging them from a) paying 40 odd quid to watch football and b) buying any food or drink while they're there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here