Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Carl Beech ('Nick') gets 18 years

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Disgraceful that an enquiry into institutional paedophilia ended thus but par for the course.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Disgraceful that an enquiry into institutional paedophilia ended thus but par for the course.

Sorry what? A criminal has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice by lying and you think the 'enquiry' ended disgracefully?
He was charged and found guilty after a full trial.

He makes it more difficult for real victims to report their abuse, as do the awful women who lie about rape. He fully deserves to go to prison.

larus

I guess you're another of those ret*rds who thinks all Tories are scum just because they have a different political view.

Even [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] had the decency to call out Tom Watson - he should be kicked out of parliament for trying to make political advantage out of this. He used parliamentary privilege to make allegations knowing he couldn't be prosecuted for what he said in the chambers. Leon Brittan died with these allegation still hanging over his head. Tom Watson has proven himself to be nothing more than pond-life for this - he'll struggle to live this down I hope.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry what? A criminal has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice by lying and you think the 'enquiry' ended disgracefully?
He was charged and found guilty after a full trial.

He makes it more difficult for real victims to report their abuse, as do the awful women who lie about rape. He fully deserves to go to prison.

I guess you're another of those ret*rds who thinks all Tories are scum just because they have a different political view.

Even [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] had the decency to call out Tom Watson - he should be kicked out of parliament for trying to make political advantage out of this. He used parliamentary privilege to make allegations knowing he couldn't be prosecuted for what he said in the chambers. Leon Brittan died with these allegation still hanging over his head. Tom Watson has proven himself to be nothing more than pond-life for this - he'll struggle to live this down I hope.

I’m not talking politics but child abuse. The enquiry I refer to is the one that failed to enquire.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
This case shows that good and thorough police work can do the job it's meant to. The Northumbrian police investigation did a decent investigation and the situation is resolved.

The great pity is that the Metropolitan police were so inept. It's they - and of course the numerous political and media bandwagon jumpers - who should be ashamed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brilliant sentence. He was out to destroy peoples lives and it would have done. Well done judge

My first response was that's a bit harsh, but I soon changed my mind. If you manipulate the justice system, play on the Police feeling hugely defensive over some very high profile ****ed up celebrity cases and put innocent peoples liberty at risk you deserve everything you get.

Needs to be an investigation into the Police though, seemingly trying to correct their faults from the past. Utterly correct to investigate, but unfortunately there is a sense of "catching up".

However, I do think Tom Watson has had some harsh press. Massively misquoted over his involvement. Just because this nutjob has taken advantage of the rumours (they have been available online for years), doesn't mean bad things didn't happen. I think we've seen enough in the celebrity world to prove that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here