Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sacking Hughton and racial implications

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nope.

But it's nice that you think I've got such influence.

Why not? What are you getting out of it? All you’re doing is making our club look like a bunch of *****. Plus you know full well it’s about to be taken down, and you’re about to get banned, anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, but this is sadly how the world works today. There will be worse to come as CH was sacked by a JEW. BHA hang your head in shame: you've allowed yourselves to become a Zionist tool. The oppression of the Palestinian people will continue all the while Israeli agents are allowed to operate in British football.

Indeed. What a lod of old bollocks this is.

There is a interesting article in the Standard tonight about a clothing house that has ripped of a painting to make a shirt design (it is a ludicrous bit of theft, without doubt) but the artist is moaning about theft from a 'queer black' artist. WTAF has the ethnicity and suxual preference got to do with anything?

In the case of CH, the sight of people claiming a racists agenda is beyond absurd. It is only because he is so well liked that his job security has gone unquestioned so long, and his skin tone has never ever been relevant. To suggest he is a victim because of his 'race'.....I am really angry about this for every possible reason.

As someone who deplores discrimination I am seeing people inadvertently undermining the fight against racists by this. Have these clowns never read the story of the boy who cried wolf? This simply plays into the hands of those who enjoy sneering at folk for "playing the race card", and "being offended on behalf of others"

Edit: Just seen the post by [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION]. Top work :facepalm: :wanker:

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I strongly disagree.

I'll risk it.

You know full well this is going to be screen grabbed and going to go all over social media. But I guess that’s what you want.

Some sad ****er with too much time on his hands will probably call the police as well. Good luck with that. Can’t say you weren’t warned.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
**** off! Leave me alone! I'm in mourning!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Brighton have had BAME managers for both the mens and womens team until today. It also has a high number of LGBT residents, a Green MP and is quite possible the least likely place in the world to find a racist chairman.

West Brom were the first club to have 3 black players and have had players of ethnic origin ever since.

Accusing either one of those clubs of racism is
borderline scandalous in my view. There are other clubs where race has been an issue (Everton for example had white only players until 1994) but to bark up these 2 trees is lazy and irresponsible.

Whilst agreeing with your post I also couldn't help remembering that Ron Atkinson, West Brom's manager at the time was later sacked as an ITV pundit in 2004 for making particularly offensive racist remarks which were accidentally picked up on his microphone and broadcast around the world. Commenting on the performance of Marcel Desailly Atkinson actually uttered the words: "He's what is known in some schools as a f*cking lazy thick n****r."

West Brom also famously held that black players v white players match for Len Cantello's testimonial at that same time (1979). At the time it was probably regarded by some as a positive step for highlighting the emergence and acceptance of black players, but it could also be viewed in a racist context and probably was by others. Whatever the case it certainly would never happen now.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get over yourselves, it's a comment on unconscious bias. Unconcious bias. Do you know what that is? Or do you just like shouting?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So we sacked hewton a black manager
We sacked gus pooyeyt. A swarthy foreign type
We sacked hype eeya. A blonde foreign type
Probably sacked oscar the grouch...another swarthy foreign type.

YEs we are a bunch of racists .

The evidence is all there to see mr daily mirror person of colour reporter

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Get over yourselves, it's a comment on unconscious bias. Unconcious bias. Do you know what that is? Or do you just like shouting?

I think you’re missing the point here. Would you post that on Twitter? Would you post it if this was your messageboard?

Is it really fair for you to post something like that on NSC, knowing the potential implications for Bozza?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whilst agreeing with your post I also couldn't help remembering that Ron Atkinson, West Brom's manager at the time was later sacked as an ITV pundit in 2004 for making particularly offensive racist remarks which were accidentally picked up on his microphone and broadcast around the world. Commenting on the performance of Marcel Desailly Atkinson actually uttered the words: "He's what is known in some schools as a f*cking lazy thick n****r."

West Brom also famously held that black players v white players match for Len Cantello's testimonial at that same time (1979). At the time it was probably regarded by some as a positive step for highlighting the emergence and acceptance of black players, but it could also be viewed in a racist context and probably was by others. Whatever the case it certainly would never happen now.

I take your point and the 3 black players in question were commonly referred to as 'The three degrees' which would - rightly - be met with derision in the modern era. Atkinson is a strange one as he clearly promoted black talent whilst coming out with that lot. Different times which would be judged differently now but I'm sure West Brom were trying to do their bit even if we question the methods now.

Living reasonably local to West Brom I've seen articles in the local rag about the WBA basketball teams and wheelchair powerball. They clearly (or certainly did under the old owners) their bit for the community and are one of the better community clubs. I've also posted on here what were the reasons for Moores sacking were and its nothing to do with racial motivation which unfortunately doesn't suit the likes of Darren Lewis.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So we sacked hewton a black manager
We sacked gus pooyeyt. A swarthy foreign type
We sacked hype eeya. A blonde foreign type
Probably sacked oscar the grouch...another swarthy foreign type.

YEs we are a bunch of racists .

The evidence is all there to see mr daily mirror person of colour reporter

We are a bunch of racists. It's ingrained in us and it will never go away until circumstances make us equal.

And even then...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think you’re missing the point here. Would you post that on Twitter? Would you post it if this was your messageboard?

Is it really fair for you to post something like that on NSC, knowing the potential implications for Bozza?

Okay, you win. I was wrong, but in my defence I don't think that you really got what I was trying to say. The picture has been taken down by a mod now and I hope that we can go back to the more usual, furious arguments.I don't half love you all!

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Okay, you win. I was wrong, but in my defence I don't think that you really got what I was trying to say. The picture has been taken down by a mod now and I hope that we can go back to the more usual, furious arguments.I don't half love you all!

I get what you were trying to say, and I wasn’t offended by it (whatever the **** that even means anyway), my point was that putting something up like that is asking for legal trouble for NSC, which isn’t fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here