Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone’s goal

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I think the lack of praise for Andone's goal - outside of NSC'S walls - says more about how poorly Crystal Palace's defence is viewed than anything else. If Andone had scored that goal against Man City the MOTD pundits would have bigged it up.

You see some cracking goals in the lower league highlights but that's what happens when defenders fail to tackle and close men down. I thought Tomkins looked like a League 2 defender on Tuesday.

I thought he looked like a cast member from a spaghetti western.

Eh gringo..I keel you!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It was goal of the millenium judging by the celebrations in my front room :lolol:

I just assume because the game wasn't on the same day as motd they put it on the back-end of the programme and rushed through it. Fair enough I reckon. One of these days our derby will be the main Sunday game, if them lot can keep themselves up that is

They found several minutes to discuss the ref’s decisions.

Have no idea who that’s aimed at - few Palace fans would have been watching.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I too have watched it around a bajillion times
We're neck and neck! Whenever there's a lull in the day I think, mmm, I'll just watch it one more time (which immediately turns into at least 4 more times).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We're neck and neck! Whenever there's a lull in the day I think, mmm, I'll just watch it one more time (which immediately turns into at least 4 more times).

Along with having to listen to the Warren commentary a few more times for good measure.......

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I've generally preferred the analysis of our matches & play much better on Soccer Saturday since we've been in the Prem.
No doubt they'll talk for a good few minutes about the game on this weekends show & I'm sure they'll be drooling over Andone's goal a fair few times.
Really enjoyed their piece on Glenn Murray last weekend & they did a brilliant one with Izqueirdo last season.
I've grown to loathe MOTD over the last few years, rarely watch it apart from our highlights package. They rarely have anything good to say about us either and can't wait to move on to the next match.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Someone please put the Titanic music over the top of it!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Who will get the assist Though, Bernardo or Tomkins?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
To be fair to Tomkins, he had already been booked so couldn't touch Andone or it would have been 2-0 and 10 vs 10, besides, Andone still had loads to do with Sakho and Hennessey still to beat. Those two really need to have a long hard look at themselves, Hennessey should have come out, he started to , then changed his mind and as [MENTION=805]Kalimantan Gull[/MENTION] said above Sakho just sat back and admired it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't think his goal is quite as good as being made out. If Tomkins wasn't cripplingly useless he wouldn't have scored......

That's just nonsense. You had to have been there to have seen it and not watching on a tv. It was magnificent. The Amex crowd went nuts. The tv replays don't do it justice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's just nonsense. You had to have been there to have seen it and not watching on a tv. It was magnificent. The Amex crowd went nuts. The tv replays don't do it justice.

This. Both ridiculous and exciting. I expected Andone to leg it up the pitch as far as possible and maybe get a throw or at best corner to see the first half out. His speed, and then his wonderful first touch, instilled unrealistic hope and then just as it seemed that palace would clear, Tomkins laid it on a plate and Florine placed it beautifully. That roar from the Amex, was imo the biggest one yet and I don't remember celebrating a goal like that, or feeling like that since we won promotion. To score 3 with ten men and the third coming in that manner was VERY VERY special.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. Both ridiculous and exciting. I expected Andone to leg it up the pitch as far as possible and maybe get a throw or at best corner to see the first half out. His speed, and then his wonderful first touch, instilled unrealistic hope and then just as it seemed that palace would clear, Tomkins laid it on a plate and Florine placed it beautifully. That roar from the Amex, was imo the biggest one yet and I don't remember celebrating a goal like that, or feeling like that since we won promotion. To score 3 with ten men and the third coming in that manner was VERY VERY special.

All of this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They found several minutes to discuss the ref’s decisions.

Keown:-

"You can clearly see (in super super frame by frame slo-mo) that's not a penalty, I just don't know what the referee was thinking"

Well Martin I'll tell you what the ref was thinking.

'In real time that looked like a penalty'.

:facepalm:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Well hang on. It was brilliant and amazing and yes I am so jealous of all of you who were there and even though it wasn't the same on my TV my daughter and I still whooped around my living room. NO ONE could POSSIBLY deny it wasn't magnificent from that point of view

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That game proved how disinterested the media are in all but a very few of the teams- it was an absolute humdinger of a game- had everything!

True that. I guess as it happened a day earlier it wasn't deemed fresh enough. Was surprised it was behind a few other games though. Not that I really care, but for once, a bit bemused.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Quite right. However inept the defending, what Andone achieved was wonderful. How far did he run apart from anything else? He made three Premier League footballers look idiots.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I watched it on a live stream, and it was just as incredible as you say.

The combination of ... starting miles from goal, blinding pace, perfect touches, fooling Tomkins initially, keeping the ball in play down a narrow alley, the cut inside, shocking the 3 donkeys with the shot when he did. And he instinctuvely meant it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here