Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Naylor suggesting fee would be much more than price quoted in media

He said it wasn’t happening yesterday [emoji23][emoji23]

Really, really sad to see him go if it happens, but hope it works out for him. As for those calling this a sideways move, please get real. It’s a step up for him, plain and simple. From likely relegation dodgers to likely European contenders. It’s Maguire that’s making the sideways move now IMO, decent chance Leicester will finish above Man U this season.

With Burn, Clark and I guess Balogun we must think we’ve got this covered. Huge kitty boost for the rest of the window too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As a BHA fan I couldn't give a crap how Leicester's squad 'is looking' barring them being one of the teams we'll need to try and get points from to stay in this league, and to go as far as to say you are 'liking' the look of their squad is quite something. The Leicester love-in on this board is borderline nauseating. Will you be clapping them onto the pitch at the Amex in their top six challenge quest? Be an 'overall' football fan by all means, but rein in the gushing a bit!

That's right! You tell them!
Personally I can't stand Brendan Rodgers, and Jamie Vardy is a nasty dirty little rat.......

......But I'd be quite happy if he was OUR nasty dirty little rat.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Time for him to move on if somebody wants his services. Little or no chance of improving to England squad regular without a move upwards, so TB will do the sensible thing and take the cash.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every player has his price and £45 million is good business sad as i will be if he leaves.

Suggesting numbers - £X million or £Y million - I don't think that's how to do it, or how it will work if/when TB starts negotiating. Our price should be a percentage of what Leicester get for Maguire. IMHO, 80%, and maybe settle for 75%.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Many NSC'ers believing 45M is a good price.
One NSC'er believing 10M in a good price.

Looks like Tony disagrees with them both, someone should dig out the thread where everyone guessed his worth in current market.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So within 48 hours we've gone from nothing going on to 'one of a number of a list' + will need to pay more than $40M

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I agree about Leicester. If someone at this moment said who will finish higher Leicester or Arsenal. I'd be inclined to go with Leicester.

....and what about Everton and Wolves?
I think some people are going a little overboard about Leicester. I would be surprised if they finished ahead of either of these two, let alone Arsenal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many NSC'ers believing 45M is a good price.
One NSC'er believing 10M in a good price.

Looks like Tony disagrees with them both, someone should dig out the thread where everyone guessed his worth in current market.

It was in the thread concerning the centre back we almost got from Reading.
His name escapes me, which is odd because he was deemed to be on a par (with add ons) as our £45m rated Dunky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
....and what about Everton and Wolves?
I think some people are going a little overboard about Leicester. I would be surprised if they finished ahead of either of these two, let alone Arsenal.

Wolves will be shitehouse.
Everton breaking into the top 6 :lol:
Why would they when they have The Everton Cup to play for?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think people are being very quick to assume Balogun "is not Premier League quality". He might not be as good (consistent) as Dunk is right now, but why can't he become more consistent with more games? John Stones makes plenty of mistakes, Maguire can make mistakes - Smalling, Lindeloff, Sokratis, Lovren all make mistakes with some regularity which is why VVD is so unique right now. Balogun is good enough to play in the Premier League - more games and confidence will help him..

Not sure I’d be overly confident if Balogun were to be Dunk’s replacement. We can’t afford to be giving away cheap goals and unfortunately that’s what has happened when he’s played. All players have mistakes in them but some more than others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember folks.

"I guess Dunk might make it onto our bench, but other than that no Brighton player is good enough for palace".

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is a huge concern. Means energy needs to be focused on getting in a top quality CB, and a leader above any other signing.
Losing your captain and best player is never a good thing.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sinking feeling this is going to happen now. :cry:

Maguire is very probably going to Utd, and then our only remaining hope is for Tony to price Dunk so high Leicester go back to Tarwoski instead.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is a huge concern. Means energy needs to be focused on getting in a top quality CB, and a leader above any other signing.
Losing your captain and best player is never a good thing.

This. Duffy, Clarke, Balogun and Burn, in my opinion, will not be good enough. Two of them have never kicked a ball in the Premier League, the other loves a mistake. Too much of a burden for Duffy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here