Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Couldn’t turn down 45 million and it will serve as his next stepping stone.
Will be interesting to see show his season pans out.
Thanks Dunky and I hope it works out.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Couldn’t turn down 45 million and it will serve as his next stepping stone.
Will be interesting to see show his season pans out.
Thanks Dunky and I hope it works out.

Just cannot understand why people are happy with taking 45 and 15 million pounds for two of our best players.
I agree they are huge sums of money but you still have to find replacements and you find won't find these replacements unless you lay out the same money.
With the TV rights money we don't need to sell so we need to keep our best players and stand up to Leicester City and say no sell.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Just cannot understand why people are happy with taking 45 and 15 million pounds for two of our best players.
I agree they are huge sums of money but you still have to find replacements and you find won't find these replacements unless you lay out the same money.
With the TV rights money we don't need to sell so we need to keep our best players and stand up to Leicester City and say no sell.

We could find a top quality CB for £45million. I would imagine that would get us an Upamecano/Ruben Dias/Tah. I reckon it could also get us Joe Gomez providing he felt he needed to go elsewhere for first team football but do realise it is a long shot. £45 mill wouldn't get us a proven English CB.

Think we have to remember that it would make Dunky the 7th MOST EXPENSIVE DEFENDER OF ALL TIME (Maguire's deal would knock him down a peg).

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We could find a top quality CB for £45million. I would imagine that would get us an Upamecano/Ruben Dias/Tah. I reckon it could also get us Joe Gomez providing he felt he needed to go elsewhere for first team football but do realise it is a long shot. £45 mill wouldn't get us a proven English CB.

Think we have to remember that it would make Dunky the 7th MOST EXPENSIVE DEFENDER OF ALL TIME (Maguire's deal would knock him down a peg).

I think he has probably already been replaced by Matt Clarke. That signing felt like one of Dunk or Duffy was off with Dan Burn already in the squad.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lewis Dunk's recent BHA career.
15/16 + 16/17........generally 8/10
17/18.....................generally 7/10
18/19.....................generally 6/10 - 6.5/10
Lets be honest, Duffy performed better over the course of last season. At times, Lewis was ragged to say the least. Yes, I know he was under a lot of pressure but the level of errors was often too high for a player of his experience. So saying, if he goes, I will be sorry to see him go. No one fights for the cause more and his courage is exemplary.
McGuire is hugely overpriced for what he is, a solid, steady performer but he won't galvanise United like Van Dyke has at Liverpool. Frankly, he isn't in the same class. Dunk is also overpriced but the crazy McGuire valuation drags our price up to a ' no brainer ' level. Dunk has given his all for us but no one is irreplaceable. Could be that a quicker, more versatile CB, would compliment Duffy better. Dunky's wholehearted committment, e.g the diving challenges, is his achilles heel. The better players wait for him to commit and then slip him. The sight of Dunk on the seat of his pants, whilst an opposition forward scores at Leicester will set the home fans grumbling.
McGuire is a little more consistent than Dunk, that aside, there isn't a lot to choose between them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think he has probably already been replaced by Matt Clarke. That signing felt like one of Dunk or Duffy was off with Dan Burn already in the squad.

Yeah , I am thinking Clarke is the replacement .

I like this signing , hoping he can step up

Dunk will be missed in the changing room . Isn’t he duffys best mate . He’s also the guy that has Brighton in his blood - you can buy that

Let’s hope GP is the dogs Bol cks

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

I personally thought it signalled the end of Balogan, could be Dunk of course. Still, I’ve got a feeling that Dunk will stay regardless of the Maguire situation and they’ll go for Tarkowski/Mee instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Lewis Dunk's recent BHA career.
15/16 + 16/17........generally 8/10
17/18.....................generally 7/10
18/19.....................generally 6/10 - 6.5/10
Lets be honest, Duffy performed better over the course of last season. At times, Lewis was ragged to say the least. Yes, I know he was under a lot of pressure but the level of errors was often too high for a player of his experience. So saying, if he goes, I will be sorry to see him go. No one fights for the cause more and his courage is exemplary.
McGuire is hugely overpriced for what he is, a solid, steady performer but he won't galvanise United like Van Dyke has at Liverpool. Frankly, he isn't in the same class. Dunk is also overpriced but the crazy McGuire valuation drags our price up to a ' no brainer ' level. Dunk has given his all for us but no one is irreplaceable. Could be that a quicker, more versatile CB, would compliment Duffy better. Dunky's wholehearted committment, e.g the diving challenges, is his achilles heel. The better players wait for him to commit and then slip him. The sight of Dunk on the seat of his pants, whilst an opposition forward scores at Leicester will set the home fans grumbling.
McGuire is a little more consistent than Dunk, that aside, there isn't a lot to choose between them.

Nobody compliments Duffy more than Dunk. In interviews, Dunk has often praised Duffy. They are clearly best mates.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I still think this one has a fair way to run yet.

It clearly is more than just rumour now.... Dunk is obviously a target but it does sound like all the figures being thrown around are fabrication.

I’m sure Bloom and Barber are just holding back until Maguire has gone and then will show their hand..... could well see us getting over £50m by the time this has finished.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I would like Dunk to stay but his value would diminish if we had another bad season and let's be honest he deserves a chance wit another club. I wouldn't mind betting Arsenal might have a say yet and could put another £5m on price. Would rather he go to North London than Leicester but I imagine working with his mates dad at Leicester might be a pull.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I would like Dunk to stay but his value would diminish if we had another bad season and let's be honest he deserves a chance wit another club. I wouldn't mind betting Arsenal might have a say yet and could put another £5m on price. Would rather he go to North London than Leicester but I imagine working with his mates dad at Leicester might be a pull.

Somewhat overplaying the mate’s dad thing there. As I keep saying, Arsenal makes sense as a move for Dunky, Leicester not so much...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Somewhat overplaying the mate’s dad thing there. As I keep saying, Arsenal makes sense as a move for Dunky, Leicester not so much...

You say that but I am really liking the look of Leicester's squad this coming season. And from their point of view, they'd be replacing an England international centre half for a slightly less proven but nevertheless England international centre half AND £40 MILLION. If they invested that in another top quality player, they are challenging for the top 6 every bit as much as Arsenal.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
You say that but I am really liking the look of Leicester's squad this coming season. And from their point of view, they'd be replacing an England international centre half for a slightly less proven but nevertheless England international centre half AND £40 MILLION. If they invested that in another top quality player, they are challenging for the top 6 every bit as much as Arsenal.

I agree about Leicester. If someone at this moment said who will finish higher Leicester or Arsenal. I'd be inclined to go with Leicester.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We shall see. Arsenal are big 6. Leicester are not, and never will be, although I agree they may finish in the top 6 next season, but I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We shall see. Arsenal are big 6. Leicester are not, and never will be, although I agree they may finish in the top 6 next season, but I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

I'd bet your house on it.

United and Arsenal and possibly even Chelsea are very gettable. There's a top 4 spot awaiting those who play it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here