Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Phil Neville :ffsparr:
Please no.
Who in their right mind would sack Hughton and appoint Neville.
Can’t help but think that the bookies are way off the mark here.

Got a good footballing brain, doing a decent job with England Ladies.
Could do a lot worse .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Could do a lot worse .

Yep. True. My Grandad for example - who's been dead for 20 years.

On the other side - could do a LOT better.

:tosser:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Could do a lot worse .

England Ladies to the Premier League. It’s a no from me. That good footballing brain doesn’t really come through whenever I listen to him as a pundit.
Maybe in years to come but right now. No.
Really can’t see him inspiring the current squad or any potential new signings.
Edit, just noticed who I was replying to. That’s a double no from me.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Could do a lot worse .

I love this phrase: “he’s got a good footballing brain.”

What does this really mean?

I’m sure Gazza has a good footballing brain, but that ‘brain’ isn’t up to anything really. I agree PN talks a good game, but so do many ex pro pundits some of whom have been and remain terrible managers.

The olde Man Utd class of (whenever it was) seem to be lauded even now, most of whom have accomplished next to nothing in the game apart from abject (Gary Neville, Paul Scholes) and/or relative failure (Ryan Giggs), who is hardly inspiring Wales - is he?!?

Phil, bless him, is a lovely chap but I just don’t see him (akin to Potter) being any better than Hughton...

Ah well... I know you don’t care being a CP fan errmmm obviously, but I think it’s worth pointing out that both options are risky and hardly HELLO WE’VE ARRIVED appointments.

Finally I could do well with our ladies team, who are bloody good in terms of where we are right now vs the rest of the world... not comparable to how hard managing us at this level truly is.

I kind of wish none of this had ever happened.

Boo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
if we do get him I bet a lot of the under 23s will be happy as he used a lot of youngsters at Swansea I know he lost most the team but might give players like connelly a chance to shine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He didn’t have much choice ...the club are in financial Pooh and will be selling again this summer which might actually encourage him to leave.

Likes playing it out from the back and a passing game ...hmmm

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Potter is at the Pimpey game tonight....
He’d be here in 2 hours if he jumps on the 700.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or next week if he jumps on a Southern train...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Watching the Pompey game I was thinking how the linesman looked like Graham Potter. I guess a lot of folk look like him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I love this phrase: “he’s got a good footballing brain.”

What does this really mean?

I’m sure Gazza has a good footballing brain, but that ‘brain’ isn’t up to anything really. I agree PN talks a good game, but so do many ex pro pundits some of whom have been and remain terrible managers.

The olde Man Utd class of (whenever it was) seem to be lauded even now, most of whom have accomplished next to nothing in the game apart from abject (Gary Neville, Paul Scholes) and/or relative failure (Ryan Giggs), who is hardly inspiring Wales - is he?!?

Phil, bless him, is a lovely chap but I just don’t see him (akin to Potter) being any better than Hughton...

Ah well... I know you don’t care being a CP fan errmmm obviously, but I think it’s worth pointing out that both options are risky and hardly HELLO WE’VE ARRIVED appointments.

Finally I could do well with our ladies team, who are bloody good in terms of where we are right now vs the rest of the world... not comparable to how hard managing us at this level truly is.

I kind of wish none of this had ever happened.

Boo.

Ryan Giggs and ‘relative failure’.

Very good. Very, very good. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ryan Giggs and ‘relative failure’.

Very good. Very, very good. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Yes, that’s right, I think Giggs is a shit manager. Zero charisma, zero tangible success AND he’ll do nothing with Wales and certainly no where near as well as Chris Coleman

You know, I am (as we all are) entitled to form an opinion that doesn’t need your personal seal of approval.

Whilst we’re at it; Potter will make a for a very poor appointment. Being only half interested is a grrreeeaaatt start... no better than CH and gone by Christmas, like us.

Just my opinion.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I tell you what...in terms of Premier League consolidation, if that's the realistic priority, and the need to make a proven and "safe" appointment who can build on the work done by CH and leaving aside the defensive football, dodgy dealings etc., Shirley, and I hate myself for saying this, 2 years of Fat Sam would achieve those goals with considerably less risk than almost any other appointment. Just saying'.

precisely

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Graham Potter

Yes, that’s right, I think Giggs is a shit manager. Zero charisma, zero tangible success AND he’ll do nothing with Wales and certainly no where near as well as Chris Coleman

You know, I am (as we all are) entitled to form an opinion that doesn’t need your personal seal of approval.

Whilst we’re at it; Potter will make a for a very poor appointment. Being only half interested is a grrreeeaaatt start... no better than CH and gone by Christmas, like us.

Just my opinion.

Think you’ve missed my point entirely [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ryan Giggs. Here’s his ‘relative failure’.......well done for the best unintentional link on here [emoji122][emoji122]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...forgiven-Man-Utd-star-having-affair-wife.html

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Think you’ve missed my point entirely [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Apologies - i did think it was a strange one to argue about.

Yes, it’s true, he’s really not a good football manager.

He needs shifting to the abject column. Butt too, not covering himself in glory.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apologies - i did think it was a strange one to argue about.

Yes, it’s true, he’s really not a good football manager.

He needs shifting to the abject column. Butt too, not covering himself in glory.

Thought you’d made a very clever joke......made me chuckle anyway [emoji16]

I agree re his managerial ability

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I really, really, really, really do not want Neville. I can't stand the idea of having one of those ex-United guys. Keane at a push. But they are just so ****ing bland and meh and seriously what the ****?!
Has he even managed a professional team yet?! International woman's management to the Prem seems an incredible leap. I'd even have Frank ****ing Lampard!!!!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Thought you’d made a very clever joke......made me chuckle anyway [emoji16]

I agree re his managerial ability

Ah; now I get it!

Me, that clever? come off it :/

Oh well... on with Potter/Neville watch...

Which one will emerge first?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here